2015 albums

Goto page Previous  123 ... 131415 ... 156157158  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
satiemaniac wrote:
anything that isn't Homogenic, while not bad, surely doesn't reward repeated listening. just like Thommy and the CB Gang, her continued relevance only really exists because nostalgic Gen Xers are being introduced to newfangled technology like "paid album downloads" and "iPad applications" by mediocre, gimmicky musical releases


All this time I thought I loved Vespertine because it was beautifully written. Turns out I was just mesmerized by all the bleeps and bloops. Hey look, my words are on the entaurnet!
  • Quote
satiemaniac wrote:
anything that isn't Homogenic, while not bad, surely doesn't reward repeated listening. just like Thommy and the CB Gang, her continued relevance only really exists because nostalgic Gen Xers are being introduced to newfangled technology like "paid album downloads" and "iPad applications" by mediocre, gimmicky musical releases


Wrong. Vespertine is a classic on par with Homogenic. And I still really dig Debut and Medulla.
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
sp4cetiger wrote:
All this time I thought I loved Vespertine because it was beautifully written. Turns out I was just mesmerized by all the bleeps and bloops. Hey look, my words are on the entaurnet!


calm down there old timer you might get a hernia
  • Quote
satiemaniac wrote:
calm down there old timer you might get a hernia


Young whippersnapper know it all thinks he understands the world because he reads a lot
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
satiemaniac wrote:
calm down there old timer you might get a hernia


I think I pooped 'em. ๐Ÿซข
  • Quote

Nachtstรผcke by Stephan Mathieu

This is really gorgeous. Long form, slow developing ethereal minimal drone tracks. Absolutely otherworldy, and track 3 is a collaboration with Federico Durand who is responsible for what was one of my favorite albums of early 2014. It's arguably overlong but honestly I don't mind the length, mostly because it's just really that immersive but partly because track 4 feels more like whatever the 2 hour drone equivalent of a "bonus track" is.

Anyway yeah go listen. Shit's like wandering through some dark and infinitely expanding chamber where the walls are all amorphous and shift around you but it's all surprisingly serene
  • Quote
meccalecca wrote:
Wrong. Vespertine is a classic on par with Homogenic. And I still really dig Debut and Medulla.

Agreed. All four are beautiful albums.
_________________
follow me on the bandcamp.
  • Quote

Fear And Saturday Night by Ryan Bingham

Ryan Bingham's new album came out today.

I have sorta thought that he hasnt done anything that special since he did Weary Kind for the Crazy Heart Soundtrack, but this album isnt bad. It will take a few listens before i make a concrete decision. But after the first i think its way more interesting than is last attempt.
_________________
Kiki wrote:
You're chart is sooooooooo american. It's like a diner in here.


Check out my new review/pop-culture site MAD DISTRACTION
  • Quote
Kiki wrote:
So what you are saying is you had to turn it off to avoid dying? :shock:


yes

satiemaniac wrote:
anything that isn't Homogenic, while not bad, surely doesn't reward repeated listening.


get a load of this heresy.
_________________
Romanelli wrote:
We're all fucked, lads.
  • Quote

Tetsuo & Youth by Lupe Fiasco

I know it's early, but it'll be hard for an any album to beat this

Lupe is back

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 131415 ... 156157158  Next
Page 14 of 158


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Your Top Albums of 2015 pearljammer13 Music
Top 10 Albums of 2015 Guest Music
[ Poll ] 2015 music/albums in review cestuneblague Music
Best Ever Movies (2015 Edition) Guest Tournaments
[ Poll ] (Closed) 2015-2019 Round 2: Kendrick ... babyBlueSedan Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.