Best soul albums?

Goto page Previous  12345  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
goeie-oko wrote:
Guys, I was being sarcastic about the James Otto album. Please stop taking it literally.

Bro, you don't need to feel ashamed for liking country and rap.
  • Quote
zdwyatt wrote:
Some more recent suggestions:

Half The City by St. Paul & The Broken Bones


But also...


Home Again by Michael Kiwanuka

And


Coming Home by Leon Bridges
_________________
Kiki wrote:
You're chart is sooooooooo american. It's like a diner in here.


Check out my new review/pop-culture site MAD DISTRACTION
  • Quote
Applerill wrote:
Bro, you don't need to feel ashamed for liking country and rap.


Huh? What does that have to do with anything? I mean, I actually do like country and rap...
  • Quote
samistake2ice wrote:
zdwyatt wrote:
Some more recent suggestions:

Half The City by St. Paul & The Broken Bones


But also...


Home Again by Michael Kiwanuka

And


Coming Home by Leon Bridges



Secret Evil by Jessica Hernandez & The Deltas


Cold World by Naomi Shelton & The Gospel Queens


Soul Power by Curtis Harding


Give The People What They Want by Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings


Now, Then & Forever by Earth, Wind And Fire


Pushin' Against A Stone by Valerie June


Victim Of Love by Charles Bradley
  • Quote
Y'all who are getting your messages up here in very small print, if you writing them like that to spare my feelings, you really don't have to. I know that my most favorite singer is not for everyone.

God bless you and him always!!! ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„

Holly
_________________
Me & my favorite singer James Otto

Check him out here when you can!
  • Quote
JOSweetHeart wrote:




What is it with middle-aged male country singers and blatant perversity? ๐Ÿคฃ


Anyway, many of the albums on the front page are amazing Shoopadoowop. I second each and every one of them.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:
Anyway, many of the albums on the front page are amazing Shoopadoowop. I second each and every one of them.


I definitely look forward to listening to all the suggestions here!
  • Quote
I felt a bit lazy not recommending anything, so here are some funkier soul recs:


Cymande by Cymande


3 + 3 by The Isley Brothers


The Mack by Willie Hutch


The Poet by Bobby Womack


Headless Heroes Of The Apocalypse by Eugene McDaniels


New Amerykah Part One (4th World War) by Erykah Badu
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:
JOSweetHeart wrote:


What is it with middle-aged male country singers and blatant perversity? ๐Ÿคฃ

To me, there is nothing like that about James.

God bless you and him always!!! ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„

Holly

P.S. Then again, James doesn't see anything wrong with same gender relationships, but as far as his own behavior is concerned, I would not label it as blatant perversity. Of course in this day and age, something good in one person's opinion is something bad in the opinion of another person, so course not everyone will agree with me about him.
_________________
Me & my favorite singer James Otto

Check him out here when you can!
  • Quote
JOSweetHeart wrote:

To me, there is nothing like that about James.


I'm going to ignore the second part of your post, because I think that's a lost cause, but I just want to reiterate that my comments were towards his tasteless album title. ๐Ÿ˜
_________________
Doubles & Conch

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  12345  Next
Page 3 of 5


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Best Hip Hop/R & B/Soul/Funk Albums AfterHours Music Diaries
Best soul or Motown albums? DarkSideOfTheComputer Music
The Heart & Soul of Albums Kiki Music
Why is the track listing of rubber so... Behrus58 Music
De La Soul discography free for 25 hours HoldenM Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.