2020 albums

Goto page Previous  123 ... 121314 ... 565758  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote

Illusion Of Time by Daniel Avery & Alessandro Cortini
It's currently my favourite of the year. Incredible ambient/drone, doesn't sound like Daniel's solo minimal house works at all. Probably nothing you haven't already heard before, but it's very aesthetic and there isn't a weak moment.
_________________
Overall chart
Fake overall chart

2020s
  • Quote
Is anyone else ecstatic for the new Testament today?
  • Quote
LedZep wrote:

3.15.20 by Childish Gambino
Thoughts?


I think it's solid, but weaker compared to his last couple albums.

Anyone give this a spin?

Cape God by Allie X
It's a nice little pop album which strikes well right now
_________________
51 Washington, D.C. albums!
  • Quote
Despite my persistence on 2020 releases, I have to admit the past 2-3 weeks have been rather boring. It'll be interesting how the virus changes things.

New Yves Tumor is quite good, but I'm not sure it rivals his 2018 effort. Opening track's stellar though. New Dwarfs of East Agouza and Tamikrest are worth giving a spin too.

Also really dug this:


Old Wow by Sam Lee

Which is a solid folk record that I think unfairly slipped under the radar. It's probably better than Bill Callahan's record last year, if that gives any context. If it sounds up your alley, I'd say give it a shot.

And I hate to be here to say something's bad, but I didn't care for the new Waxahatchee or Nicolas Jaar albums at all. Waxahatchee's vocals hurt my ears for the most part, and Jaar's was dead boring most of the time. New Sufjans is crazy underwhelming to the point I think people will forget it exists. I'm pretty mixed on the new Thundercat too. Bad Bunny's new record is plain awful.
_________________
Doubles & Conch


Last edited by Hayden on 04/07/2020 17:43; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:
New Dwarfs of East Agouza and Tamikrest are worth giving a spin too.


Oooooh, exciting.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
I fucking hate that whenever a leak comes out you usually have to download it. I guess the new Paysage D'Hiver is the new best thing ever and I can't find a video or a place to just listen to the damn thing without risking a virus. If the rumours about it being better than Winterkaelte are true, then I really can't wait.
_________________
Do it yourself and let me play my music: https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=61802
  • Quote

Exeter by Bladee

aoty
_________________
  • Quote
Spyglass wrote:
Is anyone else ecstatic for the new Testament today?
Still haven't listened to it sadly, is it any good?
_________________
Overall chart
Fake overall chart

2020s
  • Quote
LedZep wrote:
Spyglass wrote:
Is anyone else ecstatic for the new Testament today?
Still haven't listened to it sadly, is it any good?


It's good, not great. It's Testament, you know? They never really did anything "bad" and the worst they've released was The Ritual. I'd say this one's about as good as Souls of Black. 8/10.
_________________
Do it yourself and let me play my music: https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=61802
  • Quote

The New Abnormal by The Strokes


Those of you who have listened to The Adults Are Talking and Ode To The Mets (bootlegs or leaks or whatevs) what do you think?

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 121314 ... 565758  Next
Page 13 of 58


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
2020 Albums JOSweetHeart Music
2020 albums rising more slowly on ove... hwex9000 Suggestions
2020's albums migl Suggestions
BEA 2020/2021 Songs Tournament LedZep Tournaments
2020 Rank Scores PanheadWarrior Suggestions

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.