Some Girls by The Rolling Stones
spinning my recently obtained 1987 CBS CD - interested to find out if any big difference to the '94 Virgin CD I've had for countless years.
This is one that's never really clicked for me - to my ears the songs in 2nd CD on the Deluxe of Some Girls would have went towards a stronger record.
Yes a big letdown after Some Girls, but I remember listening to it with my friends. Tatoo You was scraped together from leftovers and ended up being one of their strongest Albums. I agree that the bonus tracks are top notch!
This is one that's never really clicked for me - to my ears the songs in 2nd CD on the Deluxe of Some Girls would have went towards a stronger record.
Yes a big letdown after Some Girls, but I remember listening to it with my friends. Tatoo You was scraped together from leftovers and ended up being one of their strongest Albums. I agree that the bonus tracks are top notch!
๐ aw yes, Tattoo You is suuuperb ๐ did you pick up the Deluxe of that about 2 or 3 years ago? not one I've revisited for a long time - was pretty underwhelmed with the 2nd disc - half expected/hoped for another treasure trove like the Some Girls one - Living In The Heart Of Love and Come To The Ball I remember were decent but the rest were pretty forgettable - think the Glimmer Twins made mostly the right decisions when cobbling together the Tattoo You tracklist..
nice pick Johnny = I had The Dirty South blasting here last night - those early 2000's albums with Isbell are absolute crackers
Totally agree. The DBTโs have made some decent albums post isbell and Jason has made some good albums solo and with the 400 unit but neither have produced anything like this. Great while it lasted
Pick up at the same record fair as circle of love. This is a fabulous live album which I had never come across before and it was a steal. All in all, very pleased with this purchase
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum