Genre Extravaganza: Poll #2

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Which Genre should we tackle next?
Black Metal (Necharsian)
15%
 15%  [8]
Post-Punk (sp4cetiger)
9%
 9%  [5]
Country (samistake2ice)
5%
 5%  [3]
House/Techno (satiemaniac)
13%
 13%  [7]
Electric Blues (NickVolos)
3%
 3%  [2]
Reggae/Dub (NoWaxJim)
13%
 13%  [7]
Drum n' Bass (Tonality)
15%
 15%  [8]
Punk (RepoMan)
5%
 5%  [3]
Indie Pop (Suedeswede/Precedent Tag Team)
18%
 18%  [10]
Total Votes : 53

Graeme2

United Kingdom

• Posted: 09/04/2014 09:34
  • Post subject:
I'm no expert on music from JA but surely there is plenty scope to do a section on just dub only. Quite easily. I'd like to see it myself. It's an interesting topic on its own.
  • Visit poster's website
Jimmy Dread
Old skool like Happy Shopper

United Kingdom

• Posted: 09/04/2014 19:15
  • Post subject:
Graeme2 wrote:
I'm no expert on music from JA but surely there is plenty scope to do a section on just dub only. Quite easily. I'd like to see it myself. It's an interesting topic on its own.

Sure is. Writing about the whole history of 'reggae', or in other words Jamaican music from mento to the present, would fill a book.

However, going from the history of the 'version', to the dub heyday of Tubby, Scratch and Scientist to Jammy, Mad Professor and beyond to dub step might make more of an interesting (and less rambling) read.

Either way, I'm down...
  • Visit poster's website
Graeme2

United Kingdom

• Posted: 09/04/2014 20:33
  • Post subject:
noWaxJim wrote:
Sure is. Writing about the whole history of 'reggae', or in other words Jamaican music from mento to the present, would fill a book.

However, going from the history of the 'version', to the dub heyday of Tubby, Scratch and Scientist to Jammy, Mad Professor and beyond to dub step might make more of an interesting (and less rambling) read.

Either way, I'm down...

Sounds good. I'm look forward to this.
  • Visit poster's website
eyezayzay

United States

• Posted: 09/05/2014 22:30
  • Post subject:
This should be in about two week intervals, however if two or more people wanted to work on theirs at the same time, what's the harm in that? Just a question really. If they aren't working on the same genre, they're essentially just sitting there waiting to do theirs.

I mean people might say "Having X amount at the same time is too much." But is it really too much? Unless you want time to explore the genre on your own, I can understand. But if it's just for the information, could we theoretically allow multiple people to go at once? It would cover more ground that way.

Just a thought.

Regardless, I need to figure out who won on the first poll. I believe Gangster rap is next, and then the remainder. Then after that Black Metal, some Indie Pop sub-genre, and so forth.

Sorry, I saw Swans last night, then called in sick and crashed for like 12 hours. I hadn't been getting much sleep all week, ahah. But I'm pretty free for the next couple days with nothing to do. Smile
  • Visit poster's website
Happymeal

• Posted: 09/05/2014 22:42
  • Post subject:
I kind of remember going over why we have a schedule and that's because we don't want too much clutter. It might be a little discouraging for people to go through so much information. Even one thread has enough material to take weeks; it might even take months depending on how much time you have. I'd prefer that the people looking through the threads don't feel discouraged and have enthusiasm about each one. Of course, if a majority of people truly want for more threads at the same time, then I'd be fine with that happening.

EDIT: I'm reposting this as I'd rather not this idea get lost in the response. I'm aware that one of the current genres might need breaking down in this current list, but how about we decided which ones get broken down now? Since there's quite a few, I'd like anyone who believes a certain genre needs to be broken to either respond to or msg me. On the other hand, I will also be looking through the list and see what genres are the most broad so that I can not only msg eyezay, but also msg the ones doing the thread and see how we should tackle this before they get chosen.
eyezayzay

United States

• Posted: 09/05/2014 23:15
  • Post subject:
Sounds good, I'm down for whatever. I'm ready, chief.
  • Visit poster's website