Everything Now
0%
 0%  [0]
Total Votes : 31

benfitzuk

• Posted: 05/17/2018 18:08
  • Post subject: ARCADE FIRE
This is just a general page on the legends that are arcade fire

Any thoughts you have of the band post and get some discussions going about them!
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 05/17/2018 19:13
  • Post subject:
I honestly prefer The Suburbs. Not a popular opinion, but it is the one I have.
  • Visit poster's website
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 05/17/2018 20:26
  • Post subject:
Haven't heard Everything Now, thought Reflecktor was pretty whack at the time.

I know it's often seen as the weakest of the big three, but I like Neon Bible, though there's not much in it between it and Funeral. I used to adore The Suburbs and almost overnight I went right off it. Not much I would return to other than Mountains Beyond Mountains.

Anyway, everyone knows the real answer is the Her original score.
YoungPunk

• Posted: 05/17/2018 20:58
  • Post subject:
Abstained because I still have to listen to at least some of Suburbs and Neon Bible. Funeral was pretty amazing, but the latest two are bad, especially compared to Funeral.
  • Visit poster's website
travelful
BEA's Official Florida Man

United States

• Posted: 05/18/2018 02:31
  • Post subject:
One of the most overrated bands ever, in my opinion. Seems like one of those bands where they have always just been cool for hipsters to like because hipster culture requires it. Not an awful band by any means, I like Funeral a decent amount but I have also heard dozens of better indie rock albums, and at least a few hundred albums better overall. At least that's my current opinion on them, but my music opinions change all the time. Also their last album was terrible, which I think even the hipsters who adore them have to admit.

If I had to pick an album: Funeral.
  • Visit poster's website
YoungPunk

• Posted: 05/18/2018 02:47
  • Post subject:
No
  • Visit poster's website
travelful
BEA's Official Florida Man

United States

• Posted: 05/18/2018 02:55
  • Post subject:
I realize my opinion isn't popular, thats fine. Anyone who legitimately loves them or any of their albums, I am happy you enjoy the music!
  • Visit poster's website
indieshins

Australia

• Posted: 05/18/2018 04:09
  • Post subject:
travelful wrote:
One of the most overrated bands ever, in my opinion. Seems like one of those bands where they have always just been cool for hipsters to like because hipster culture requires it. Not an awful band by any means, I like Funeral a decent amount but I have also heard dozens of better indie rock albums, and at least a few hundred albums better overall. At least that's my current opinion on them, but my music opinions change all the time. Also their last album was terrible, which I think even the hipsters who adore them have to admit.

I agree with you. Last time I listened to Funeral, it had lost a lot of its lustre. Still pretty good, but The Suburbs has always been my favourite of theirs - still overrated. Also, yes, Everything Now was godawful. I didn't like Reflektor that much, but listened recently after the new album came out and it sounded really good in comparison.
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 05/18/2018 14:04
  • Post subject:
travelful wrote:

Not necessarily disputing that, but for a long time it's been much hipper to dislike them. It's only hip depending on what one's "mainstream" actually is (and can we retire 'Hipster' as if it's a legitimite criticism of someone's actual music? No offense I just hate when people criticise somone's work largely on the basis of being suspicious or judgemental of how other people enjoy it, it way too Mother Nature's Son or early 2014 Outlaw (bless the latter) your own opinion on the actual music itself is just fine)

I donno, obv what they meant for me as a 18 year old when Funeral first came out is a lot different than now, whether they've past a creative peak or just stuck in a long, indulgent rut, who knows, but you can't take away 2004-2011 AF in my mind (and I do enjoy Reflektor, or at least parts of it).
  • Visit poster's website
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 05/18/2018 14:28
  • Post subject:
travelful wrote:
Seems like one of those bands where they have always just been cool for hipsters to like because hipster culture requires it ... Also their last album was terrible, which I think even the hipsters who adore them have to admit.

I feel like the 'Hipster' goal posts keep moving just to dismiss people enjoying something that other people don't understand.

Arcade Fire were and still are insanely popular - am I supposed to buy that millions of people are just pretending to like something?