Suede - suede

what the actual fuck, lol

Also, even ignoring Gorillaz, i disagree with most of those
  • Visit poster's website
911Turbo

Canada

• Posted: 11/04/2018 14:52
  • Post subject:
recently i was listening to a couple of artists who may fit original posters criteria- 1 great album.

Aldo Nova- Aldo Nova his first album is really really good. His guitar work is mentionable

Billy Squier - Dont Say No Great album. Footnote: i do not own/or have listened to his entire work. i know 4 albums very well. But "Dont Say No" is really fantastic. High school math teacher turned rock musician has a cool tale to it as well.

Comment: I find, that the level of music credibility, is questionable when i read members comments that suggest the rolling stones only produced 1 or 2 good albums, or many good songs. Really Unbelievable.
  • Visit poster's website
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 11/04/2018 18:49
  • Post subject:
Gonna copypaste some stuff I said in a different thread about the only Fleetwood Mac album I genuinely enjoy:

Skinny wrote:

Tango In The Night by Fleetwood Mac

The best/potentially only consistently tolerable Fleetwood Mac record. Which sounds like faint praise, but I really do love this album, whilst simultaneously hating most everything else they ever did. The production is so crystalline and enveloping - Buckingham has a lot to be proud of here. It's dreamy yet muscular, and it really turns some already strong pop songs into utter masterpieces of the form. I also feel like the vague lyrical nature - pseudo-universal themes of big love, found everywhere if possible - suits this sound better than their well-worn, on again/off again sagas would've, working in synthesis with the cavernously reverbed percussion, sparkling synths and clipped jabs of bright guitar to create something huge, which the group had admittedly managed previously, and hopeful, which they very much hadn't. I understand the most frequent criticisms of this album, that it's too sonically ersatz and lyrically wishy-washy, but I instead find them to be this record's greatest strengths, and the greatest strengths of the one version of Fleetwood Mac that I can actually get behind.

Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 11/04/2018 19:11
  • Post subject:
911Turbo wrote:
recently i was listening to a couple of artists who may fit original posters criteria- 1 great album.

Aldo Nova- Aldo Nova his first album is really really good. His guitar work is mentionable

Billy Squier - Dont Say No Great album. Footnote: i do not own/or have listened to his entire work. i know 4 albums very well. But "Dont Say No" is really fantastic. High school math teacher turned rock musician has a cool tale to it as well.

Nice picks! I totally agree.
  • Visit poster's website
Fischman
RockMonster, JazzMeister, Bluesboy,ClassicalMaster

United States

• Posted: 11/05/2018 03:04
  • Post subject:
911Turbo wrote:

Comment: I find, that the level of music credibility, is questionable when i read members comments that suggest the rolling stones only produced 1 or 2 good albums, or many good songs. Really Unbelievable.

That first Aldo Nova album was indeed special, but I never could gag down anything Billy Squier ever did.
  • Visit poster's website
21stCenturySchiz

United States

• Posted: 11/05/2018 03:07
  • Post subject:
I like the hits of Billy Squier other than "Rock Me Tonight" since i can't seem to wash that music video from my memory
911Turbo

Canada

• Posted: 11/06/2018 13:28
  • Post subject:
Another austrilian band which has a great album and many good albums is

Midnight oil. Diesel and Dust. This album is absolutely brilliant from start to finish. And it rocks!

I have listened to their other live/studio productions, and they have created many fantastic songs, but
they have not been able, unfortunately, to duplicate the success of "diesel and dust".
  • Visit poster's website