Trouble logging in?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
View previous topic :: View next topic
Smithy98

United Kingdom

• Posted: 12/23/2019 19:59
  • Post subject:
Hi there, albummaster.

Today, it has logged me out 4 times when I go on different pages, here are the times for them and what page I was on.

Time: 08:09, page it happened: Forum Index (that has posts about music).
Time: 11:54, page it happened: Home page (I think I went off the browser when it happened as well).
Time: 13:44, page it happened: Overall chart and the rankings (where you go into overall).
Time: 19:47, page it happened: Latest member comments (such as tracks and albums).

All of these were on Firefox, are England times and all happened on 23/12/2019 (And I always press remember when logging in).

You don't have to do these right now as it is Christmas, but let me know when you can as that would be great.

Thank you.
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 12/24/2019 09:40
  • Post subject:
Thanks for info. (Probably not going to be online as much as usual over next couple of days but still keeping any eye on things).
  • Visit poster's website
Smithy98

United Kingdom

• Posted: 12/25/2019 16:42
  • Post subject:
Hey everyone, hope you're all having a nice christmas.

Anyway, I think I've just tested something out that might be a chance that this site maybe working a bit better than before.

If you log in and then shut the browser and then open the browser, go onto a different part of the site (such as the charts or forums) and then go onto a different page, it doesn't log you out, I think it only logs you out if you leave the home page (of this site) to go onto something else on this site after first opening the browser to get onto the home page, but I could be wrong here.

What I'm trying to say is that it only logs you out if you first go on the home page and then onto another part of this site after opening the browser.

Not to mention, I've pressed forget about this site on best ever albums whilst going through the history, so I had to do the cookies part again.

Anyway, thank you.
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 12/26/2019 10:21
  • Post subject:
Smithy98 wrote:
Hey everyone, hope you're all having a nice christmas.

Anyway, I think I've just tested something out that might be a chance that this site maybe working a bit better than before.

If you log in and then shut the browser and then open the browser, go onto a different part of the site (such as the charts or forums) and then go onto a different page, it doesn't log you out, I think it only logs you out if you leave the home page (of this site) to go onto something else on this site after first opening the browser to get onto the home page, but I could be wrong here.

What I'm trying to say is that it only logs you out if you first go on the home page and then onto another part of this site after opening the browser.

Not to mention, I've pressed forget about this site on best ever albums whilst going through the history, so I had to do the cookies part again.

Anyway, thank you.

Thanks, I'll try and repro this by logging in, closing browser, waiting a couple of hours, reopen browser, visit BEA home page and check for a log out on the following page. Apologies this issue hasn't been fixed yet (if this happens again, please note any logout times so I can cross-check against logs).
  • Visit poster's website
Special

Canada

• Posted: 12/26/2019 16:32
  • Post subject:
Wow Smithy98 is right, I normally have the home page bookmarked ( https://www.besteveralbums.com/ ) and that's how I come to this site, so when I land there, then click any other place it logs me out, but If I avoid the home page and instead land on any other page like forums or an album page, then clicking another link doesn't log me out. So the issue is with the home/main page somehow.
  • Visit poster's website
guzguzgarbit
Book Of Noraia

France

• Posted: 12/27/2019 16:32
  • Post subject:
Special wrote:
Wow Smithy98 is right, I normally have the home page bookmarked ( https://www.besteveralbums.com/ ) and that's how I come to this site, so when I land there, then click any other place it logs me out, but If I avoid the home page and instead land on any other page like forums or an album page, then clicking another link doesn't log me out. So the issue is with the home/main page somehow.

Same thing with me too.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Smithy98

United Kingdom

• Posted: 12/27/2019 17:10
  • Post subject:
I think this is working.

I logged in, closed the browser, I then opened the browser again and went on the home page of this site, I then went on a different page from there and I'm still logged in.

So, I think this site is back to the way it was.

I also tried this a few times this morning as well.

I've just been trying this a few more times and it hasn't logged me out at all (I have also pressed remember when logging in), I've been closing and opening the browser and going on the home page and onto another and it has still kept me logged in.
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 12/27/2019 17:52
  • Post subject:
Thanks, pushed an update live this morning. Didn't want to announce a 'fix' until a day or so had passed, but cross fingers....
  • Visit poster's website
Special

Canada

• Posted: 12/27/2019 19:13
  • Post subject:
Seems fixed, home page won't log me out now, but still keeping my fingers crossed.

BTW: What was the issue? This has me curious.

BTW#2: What font is this used by the editor? Very Happy

• Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 12/27/2019 19:23
  • Post subject:
Special wrote:
Seems fixed, home page won't log me out now, but still keeping my fingers crossed.

BTW: What was the issue? This has me curious.

BTW#2: What font is this used by the editor? Very Happy

The issue was to do with server-side caching. Let's not started on the design of the site Wink (we all know it's old and dated). Forums are on the hit list for 2020.
  • Visit poster's website