I'm new, recommend me some albums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic
Facetious

Pakistan

• Posted: 01/16/2012 11:52
  • Post subject:
Laughing Haha, Happy/Exile, looks like you've got a LOT of listening to do!
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Chemical Smile

Guatemala

• Posted: 01/16/2012 12:57
  • Post subject:
Here's some of my recommendations Smile
Happy wrote:
60s: Beatles, Stones. Listened to first few songs on the banana album today and thought it was good, but I think Heroin gets too much praise. Also, my mom has a Roy Orbison greatest hits CD that she's been putting on lately, which I like.
try also: Beach Boys - Pet Sounds Cream - Fresh Cream/Disraeli Gears Aerovons - Resurrection

70s: Zeppelin, Stones, hard rock in general.
Van Halen - I Black Sabbath - Paranoid Derek & The Dominos - Layla And Other Assorted Love Songs Iggy Pop & the Stooges - Funhouse Boston - Boston AC/DC - Highway To Hell Lou Reed - Transformer

80s: Underground metal, like Metallica.
not so sure about underground Metal, however i recommend 2 of the early VH albums: Women & Children First/Fair Warning Iron Maiden - Number Of The Beast/Powerslave/7th Son/Somewhere In Time you might also want to check out Dinosaur Jr - You're Living All Over Me & Hüsker Dü - Candy Apple Grey

90s: All the big alternative rock bands (mainly from the first half of the 90s).
If you like the major ones (Pumpkins/Pearl Jam/Nirvana etc) also check out:
Afghan Whigs - Gentleman Brad - Interiors Catherine - Sorry Fu Manchu - In Search Of Jesus Lizard - Liar Morphine - Cure For Pain Neil Young - Mirrorball Quicksand - Manic Compression Helmet - Betty School Of Fish - School Of Fish Shihad - Killjoy Silverchair - Frogstomp Sonic Youth - Dirty Sparklehorse - Vivadixiesubmarinetransmissionplot Spiderbait - Ivy And The Big Apples Sugar - Copper Blue Superchunk - On The Mouth Superdrag - Regretfully Yours Superette - Tiger Tea Party - Splendor Solis Teenage Fanclub - Grand Prix Temple Of The Dog - Temple Of The Dog Mad Season - Mad Season Tool - Undertow Urge Overkill - Saturation Deftones - Around The Fur Van Halen - For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge (the '90s is my favourite decade for music Cool )

2000s: Avenged Sevenfold (sometimes the vocals are whiney, but it only gets really bad on a few songs), Pinkly Smooth, the local metal bands.
i'm guessing you're after heavier stuff here, so: Deftones - Deftones Killswitch Engage - End Of Heartache Cancerbats - Hail Destroyer The Bronx - The Bronx I also check out Trail Of Dead - Source Tags & Codes Hell Is For Heroes - Neon Handshake Shihad - Love Is The New Hate Bullet Treatment - The Mistake

GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 01/16/2012 13:07
  • Post subject:
Very Happy

Chemical Smile wrote:
Happy wrote:
60s: Beatles, Stones. Listened to first few songs on the banana album today and thought it was good, but I think Heroin gets too much praise. Also, my mom has a Roy Orbison greatest hits CD that she's been putting on lately, which I like.
try also: Beach Boys - Pet Sounds Cream - Fresh Cream/Disraeli Gears Aerovons - Resurrection

Van Halen - I Black Sabbath - Paranoid Derek & The Dominos - Layla And Other Assorted Love Songs Iggy Pop & the Stooges - Funhouse Boston - Boston AC/DC - Highway To Hell Lou Reed - Transformer

not so sure about underground Metal, however i recommend 2 of the early VH albums: Women & Children First/Fair Warning Iron Maiden - Number Of The Beast/Powerslave/7th Son/Somewhere In Time you might also want to check out Dinosaur Jr - [i]You're Living All Over Me & Hüsker Dü - Candy Apple Grey

90s: All the big alternative rock bands (mainly from the first half of the 90s).
Afghan Whigs - Gentleman Brad - Interiors Catherine - Sorry Fu Manchu - In Search Of Jesus Lizard - Liar Morphine - Cure For Pain Neil Young - Mirrorball Quicksand - Manic Compression Helmet - Betty School Of Fish - School Of Fish Shihad - Killjoy Silverchair - Frogstomp Sonic Youth - Dirty Sparklehorse - Vivadixiesubmarinetransmissionplot Spiderbait - Ivy And The Big Apples Sugar - Copper Blue Superchunk - On The Mouth Superdrag - Regretfully Yours Superette - Tiger Tea Party - Splendor Solis Teenage Fanclub - Grand Prix Temple Of The Dog - Temple Of The Dog Mad Season - Mad Season Tool - Undertow Urge Overkill - Saturation Deftones - Around The Fur Van Halen - For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge (the '90s is my favourite decade for music Cool )

2000s: Avenged Sevenfold (sometimes the vocals are whiney, but it only gets really bad on a few songs), Pinkly Smooth, the local metal bands.
i'm guessing you're after heavier stuff here, so: Deftones - Deftones Killswitch Engage - End Of Heartache Cancerbats - Hail Destroyer The Bronx - The Bronx I also check out Trail Of Dead - Source Tags & Codes Hell Is For Heroes - Neon Handshake Shihad - Love Is The New Hate Bullet Treatment - The Mistake

And all I got was this silly hat

• Visit poster's website
pearljammer13
Young Pilgrim

United States

• Posted: 01/16/2012 13:14
  • Post subject:
Well I think Happy has enough music to keep him busy for the next few years or so.
  • Visit poster's website
Chemical Smile

Guatemala

• Posted: 01/16/2012 13:21
  • Post subject:
GARY wrote:
Very Happy

Chemical Smile wrote:
Happy wrote:

not so sure about underground Metal, however i recommend 2 of the early VH albums: Women & Children First/Fair Warning Iron Maiden - Number Of The Beast/Powerslave/7th Son/Somewhere In Time you might also want to check out Dinosaur Jr - [i]You're Living All Over Me & Hüsker Dü - Candy Apple Grey

Cool

Link

Mind Movie

• Posted: 01/16/2012 14:40
  • Post subject:
Based on your choices:

AMM - AMMMusic 1966

Or something Shocked
Facetious

Pakistan

• Posted: 01/16/2012 16:23
  • Post subject:
pearljammer13 wrote:
Well I think Happy has enough music to keep him busy for the next few years or so.

Like I said, Exile has a lot of listening to do!
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website