Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
Tha1ChiefRocka
Yeah, well hey, I'm really sorry.

United States
  • Posted: 02/08/2019 00:31
  • Post subject:
@ Luigii

Of course. I'm going to tackle it, "WITH ARMS WIDE OPEN".

@ carpents

There are some fine songs on the album as I mentioned, Warm Machine, Prizefighter, Chemicals Between Us, but I stand by my bashing of Gavin Rossdale. There are a dozen better grunge acts to listen to.

NEXT UP,

Europop by Eiffel 65

I'm usually proud of my Italian heritage, but I think I'm going to plead the 5th when it comes to this album.

Ok, so I couldn't actually get through this. The pitchshifted vocals on every song were about to drive me crazy, and I value my sanity. However, I did find that they have more songs than just "Blue". In fact, they have the most amazing song about the Playstation One that anyone ever wrote. I also think it might be the only song anybody has written specifically about a videogame console, and I don't even think they got paid for it. Here it is, Live in Italy.

Link

This is just amazing. 75% of the song is him just saying names of videogames. It's absolute madness. Then, and this is not on the album, he just starts doing some Tekken kung fu moves. I love 1999/2000. And the "Blue" acapella at the end?!? Classic.

I also had no idea that the Blue Man's saga continued in another one of their videos. It'even more loony than the other one.

Link

OK, that's enough, I can't take these guys seriously. It's nice if this album makes you happy, but I'd rather stick my head in a plastic bag.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States
  • Posted: 02/08/2019 00:44
  • Post subject:
Bruh the Eiffel 65 canon goes further. The alien had his own journey in music videos. If you want to know more, watch the Todd in The Shadows episode on it.
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States
  • Posted: 02/08/2019 03:24
  • Post subject:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

this is awesome for a "controversial" time in music for sure.
  • Visit poster's website
baystateoftheart
Neil Young as a butternut squash

United States
  • Posted: 02/08/2019 03:41
  • Post subject:
I have a rap album for you:

The Movement by Harlem World

Back when I ordered CDs from the library they sent me this one in error. A Ma$e spinoff group that somehow went gold. Allmusic gave it 4/5 so I figured I'd listen to it anyway. That was the beginning of the end of me using Allmusic as a guide. The most interesting thing about it is it features three of Kanye's earliest production credits.
Tha1ChiefRocka

United States
  • Posted: 02/10/2019 21:01
  • Post subject:

The Gift Of Game by Crazy Town

The first of many Rap Rock albums that will show up in this diary,and, believe it or not, this is probably one of the better ones.

Yes, most of the lyrics are sex-filled posturing, but there are a couple of bright points. And when I say a couple, I mean exactly two.

Most of us probably already know the hit single that came from this album, "Butterfly", here it is once again for your viewing pleasure.

Link

As a sidenote for the video, the main riff is a RHCP sample, "Pretty Little Ditty", so the fact that they are playing instruments in the video is hilarious.

The first song I unironically enjoyed was "Black Cloud". It has an interesting keyboard part and it's way more laid back. Not as in your face and aggressive as most rap rock. The beat is conducive to rapping, and the lyrics are better than most on the album.

Link

Most of the songs after "Butterfly" are pretty much exclusively about how much intercourse they have. (Which, when you talk about it too much, the assumption from me is that you actually have no idea what you're talking about.)

The other song I enjoyed on this album, "enjoyed" is a relative term here, was the last full track.

IT HAS KRS ONE ON IT!?!?!? This is like the Method Man feature on the Significant Other album by Limp Bizkit. How the hell did Crazy Town get KRS ONE on their album?

Anyways here it is.

Link

Hahahah, yeah. Not a high point for KRS.
  • Visit poster's website
Tha1ChiefRocka

United States
  • Posted: 02/23/2019 23:30
  • Post subject:
Ask and you shall receive Luigii.

Link

But are you really ready? How can you possibly prepare yourself for one of the biggest rock bands of all time? 53 million albums sold worldwide!! 3 platinum albums in a row, and this beautiful cut is certified Diamond!

Human Clay by Creed

(Geeze, could we add a little more jpeg to that image?)

And much like the diamond, Creed is precious, a musical treasure. And we, the listener, are the "Human Clay" that is molded by our post-grunge overlords.

Ok, I'm not going to go that overboard. Laughing

Creed, along with most of the other nu-metal and post-grunge collective of the late 90s early 00's, have been the butt of many a joke since people stopped wanting to hear the same YARL over and over again on rock radio. But many might forget, or wish to forget, that Creed was at one point the biggest rock band in America. It's true. The other Diamond albums from 1999 include Britney Spears, The Dixie Chicks, and The Backstreet Boys; they were in the pop leagues.

Let's get two things straight about Creed.

According to band members, including Stapp himself, they are not a Christian band. That's just where he tends to go lyrically when writing songs, using Christian metaphors and such.

Second, while they are definitely derivative of Pearl Jam, and other acts of the time, I'd contest that they actually at least had some individuality when it came to the musical element. Sure, it was buttrock, but it's not the worst butt-rock. I think most of the derivation comes from vocals of Stapp in comparison with Eddie Vedder.

Link

For the most part, even relistening to it today, I find the instrumental part of Creed to be fairly harmless, if only repetitive and boring. (And Marc Tremonti is a good guitar player, for what it's worth).

I think most of the Creed-hate gets placed squarely upon the shoulders of Scott Stapp YARL.

Now, what I'm about to show you is one of the greatest moments ever captured in music history. The culmination of decades of rock music all hurtling towards this one zenith at the illustrious Woodstock 99 festival.

Link

Yes, that is a banana-yellow clad Robby Kreiger performing with Creed. And yes, that is a genuine Undertaker TM shirt that he is performing in. I believe those are also the latest '99 Skechers he's rocking. (Eat your heart out Joe Montana, Robby was on the Skechers train way before you).

I hope you heed the words that Jim Morrison wrote, which were siphoned through time into the vessel of Mr. Stapp. That classic line, "Keep your eyes on the road/ your hands upon the WHEEEUUURRRR!"

Anyways, I have stuff that I have to do today, so I guess there will be a part two to the Creed saga. Cool
  • Visit poster's website