Album of the day (#751): Queen II by Queen

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

• Posted: 12/07/2012 01:36
  • Post subject:
swedenman wrote:
What? In what way?

I don't like his stupid hair. I don't like his stupid clothes. I don't like his smug, stupid face. I don't like his entirely unnecessary, stupid guitar. I don't like the fact he was in Queen. I don't like the fact he likes the Queen and played that fucking stupid version of our shit national anthem atop Buckingham fucking Palace. I don't like Surrey, where he lives - it's boring and smug and middle class and entirely unnecessary, just like him. I don't like that bint from Eastenders he married. I don't like his anti-smoking stance. I don't like the fact he's a Tory. I don't like that he prefers badgers to humans. I don't like a single ounce of his being. He's a fucking douchecarrot.

• Posted: 12/07/2012 01:43
  • Post subject:
In fact, coming across pubic lice would be preferable to coming across Brian May in every way.
pearljammer13
Young Pilgrim

United States

• Posted: 12/07/2012 01:50
  • Post subject:
Safe to say that's the most intense anti Brian May rant i'll read today.
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 12/07/2012 01:53
  • Post subject:
lethalnezzle wrote:
I don't like his stupid hair. I don't like his stupid clothes. I don't like his smug, stupid face. I don't like his entirely unnecessary, stupid guitar. I don't like the fact he was in Queen. I don't like the fact he likes the Queen and played that fucking stupid version of our shit national anthem atop Buckingham fucking Palace. I don't like Surrey, where he lives - it's boring and smug and middle class and entirely unnecessary, just like him. I don't like that bint from Eastenders he married. I don't like his anti-smoking stance. I don't like the fact he's a Tory. I don't like that he prefers badgers to humans. I don't like a single ounce of his being. He's a fucking douchecarrot.

I don't see how any of that qualifies him as a douchecarrot. It sounds like you just don't like him.
Happymeal

• Posted: 12/07/2012 02:11
  • Post subject:
I dislike everything by Queen except for A Night At The Opera(I believe that's what it's called) which I think is a slightly above average album.

• Posted: 12/07/2012 04:05
  • Post subject:
Happymeal wrote:
I dislike everything by Queen except for A Night At The Opera(I believe that's what it's called) which I think is a slightly above average album.

People make me sad. Have you heard Sheer Heart Attack?
Jasonconfused
If We Make It We Can All Sit Back and Laugh

United States

• Posted: 12/07/2012 04:14
  • Post subject:
swedenman wrote:

Sheer Heart Attack is amazing. I'd rank my top 3 Queen albums like this:
1. A Night at the Opera
2. Sheer Heart Attack
3. Queen 2

And not because this site has them ranked in this order.
After those three they start to kind of bunch up for me but The Game is also worth checking out.
  • Visit poster's website
Happymeal

• Posted: 12/07/2012 04:27
  • Post subject:
swedenman wrote:

Yes, as usually, I disliked it, but I don't have a strong dislike for Queen, I'd say the average queen album is a 50 for me. Above average would be 70 and slightly above average 60 - 65 so they aren't that bad(this is only comparing Queen's music to itself). Any band I say I hate or I dislike are generally bands that I don't have a strong dislike for, I just think they are average/boring. As for bands that I despise, well let's just say they have a very low average from me.

• Posted: 12/07/2012 05:22
  • Post subject:
Jasonconfused wrote:
Sheer Heart Attack is amazing. I'd rank my top 3 Queen albums like this:
1. A Night at the Opera
2. Sheer Heart Attack
3. Queen 2

And not because this site has them ranked in this order.
After those three they start to kind of bunch up for me but The Game is also worth checking out.

I'd rank my top 3 the same. And I'm a HUGE Queen fan, so there's no shame in ranking them that way. I consider everything from their debut to The Game to be a pretty darn good album. After that, Innuendo is pretty good, The Works and The Miracle are fun, though admittedly not all that great, and Hot Space, A Kind of Magic, and Made in Heaven move somewhat into guilty pleasure territory (though I do still love them XP).

• Posted: 12/07/2012 05:24
  • Post subject:
Happymeal wrote:
Yes, as usually, I disliked it, but I don't have a strong dislike for Queen, I'd say the average queen album is a 50 for me. Above average would be 70 and slightly above average 60 - 65 so they aren't that bad(this is only comparing Queen's music to itself). Any band I say I hate or I dislike are generally bands that I don't have a strong dislike for, I just think they are average/boring. As for bands that I despise, well let's just say they have a very low average from me.

That's fair. I mean, I could understand not being crazy about them. I just don't understand how anybody could straight-up hate them. Their music may not always be the best, but they're fairly innocuous as far as bands go. Their music's fun and often kind of silly. I mean, what's really to hate about that?