View previous topic :: View next topic
gussteivi

Sweden

• Posted: 08/26/2013 18:19
  • Post subject:
Mother Nature's Son wrote:
Looks like someone followed my recipe. Cool

You're fighting a lost cause, MNS.

Also, why don't you post some of the charts that you find informative instead?
I'd be interested to see that! Smile
  • Visit poster's website
19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 08/26/2013 18:21
  • Post subject:
This thread will attract the lovers of: joyofdivision's electronica chart, cellardoor's post-punk and shoegaze charts, Poe's japanese chart, various charts by Norman Bates, various hip-hop charts by lethalnezzle, charts by popular users in general... I can feel it!

Anyway, I have the following favourited, for a good reason:

By CellarDoor:
-"And All That Jazz"
-"Post-Punk 77"
-"Seventy-Seven Sexy Shoegazers"

lethalnezzle's
1970s and 1990s decade charts (I think the first one is a reggae chart, the other a hip hop chart?)

Norman Bates'
-2000s chart

tekin's
-"Meteorite, Conglomerate or Sheep Turd: We are Post-Rock"

Two electronic charts:
-"Soulless Garbage" by dividesbyzero
-"Electronica" by joyofdivision

2013 charts by:
lethalnezzle, DLGGLD, tekin (I just added this one, don't know why I didn't earlier seeing that I have been checking it)

also the greatest album chart by dazatoth, because of the yugo music (also post-breakup which I'm not familiar with)

I'll check one of Poe's charts too one day when I get sick of melodies and harmonies and all that conventional shit
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki

• Posted: 08/26/2013 18:27
  • Post subject:
When I first joined I regarded a user and their chart as a tad above everyone else. They spoke with such conviction and had a wide variety of albums. They were an incredible user. Here they are:

http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=832

Last edited by Kiki on 08/26/2013 18:35; edited 1 time in total
MrFrogger
Where am I

United States

• Posted: 08/26/2013 18:30
  • Post subject:
The Poe and bongritsu's charts are my favorite, there's just endless rec's

Cellardoor and Lethalnezzle's also both gave me a ton of recs, although I've gotten to the point where I've heard most of them now.

JoyodDivision and Dividesbyzero also have great electronica charts

and a couple others are I enjoy include:
Squishypuff Dave
All of Cellardoors custom charts
Defago
Tekin(overall and post rock)
Norman Bates
Noir
Torchlin
  • Visit poster's website
creator

United States

• Posted: 08/26/2013 19:02
  • Post subject:
I've noticed that you frequently request album suggestions, but seldom follow up.

http://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/vi...mp;start=0

It would be beneficial if you provided us with feedback on previous suggestions so that we can give you more appropriate suggestions in the future. Have you considered revisiting some of the albums you previously rejected? Have you become satiated? I cannot dictate how you or any other member listens to albums, but I find that limiting myself to a few new albums every week is very rewarding. Even if my first impression is negative, I continue to listen to the album throughout the week and I always revisit them later because enjoyment depends on so many variables.

I thought that Red House Painters were terrible when I first listened to them. I claimed that Bridge was the worst album ever written in some of my earlier posts. But a few weeks later I became overwhelmed with everything in life and Bridge became the perfect soundtrack. I bought every Red House Painters album and became so attached to them that I will forever associate them with this point in my life. It would have been unfortunate if I had kept my initial impression and disregarded them.

I'm not saying that you have to love Red House Painters or any other band that you have dismissed in the past. I'm just letting you know that there are plenty of albums that you can revisit without asking for suggestions. Take your time when you listen to them. Don't let music become saturated.
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki

• Posted: 08/26/2013 19:40
  • Post subject:
I'm mostly after new albums in this thread. I can't assert myself to give an opinion on pretty much anything most days. I'm satisfied with anything on regardless of what I have rated it. Thank you for the suggestion though.
creator

United States

• Posted: 08/26/2013 20:03
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:
I'm mostly after new albums in this thread. I can't assert myself to give an opinion on pretty much anything most days. I'm satisfied with anything on regardless of what I have rated it. Thank you for the suggestion though.

Fair enough. Smile

I enjoy charts that have comments. It's sometimes nice to have imagery to associate with an album so that I'm not taking a shot in the dark. I'm sure there are plenty of charts, but these three come to mind.

Mercurydylan89
http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=8927

meccalecca
http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=10267

dividesbyzero
http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=9708
  • Visit poster's website
Mother Nature's Son

Denmark

• Posted: 08/26/2013 20:24
  • Post subject:
gussteivi wrote:
You're fighting a lost cause, MNS.

Also, why don't you post some of the charts that you find informative instead?
I'd be interested to see that! Smile

Just to make it clear. I wasn't criticizing the charts or anything. I just wanted to "get rid" of the OK Computers and Dark Side of the Moons, so we could discuss the underrated charts instead (besides, I don't think the mentioned charts interest an_outlaw much, just my impression). Actually, I've already found an album I liked very much on Norman Bates' french chart (and I can only imagine there are many more) and I'm frequently visiting Poe's charts (whenever I need to expand my musical horizons or more correctly, when I need to challenge my conception of music Laughing ).

Okay, posting some of the charts that I find informative, I can do that:

shadow23 - very Beatles/David Bowie/Pink Floyd/Talking Heads-heavy, but many gems as well.
~SMiLE~ chock-full of gems, discovered The Apples in Stereo through it.
Your charts - Will especially be using your baroque and 60s charts to find recommendations.
The overall chart - Simple as that. Also using year charts/artist charts/etc.

And again, generally just various usercharts: drakonium, Saoirse, lethalnezzle, EyeKanFly, sheep21, pearljammer13, TracyJacks, SamuelPear and many, many, many more. As a rule of thumb, I find charts with comments more informative (and enjoyable) than "empty" charts.

I hope it was interesting. At least to some degree! Wink
Happymeal

• Posted: 08/26/2013 20:28
  • Post subject:
None in a long time, I haven't searched for new music for a while (only listen to whats handed to me via tourneys and alcs plus sometimes other threads). I don't have a favorite tbh and no charts have recently inspired me to go ahead and look at more charts.
Kiki

• Posted: 08/26/2013 20:29
  • Post subject:
Just to make it clear. I wasn't criticizing the charts or anything. I just wanted to "get rid" of the OK Computers and Dark Side of the Moons, so we could discuss the underrated charts instead (besides, I don't think the mentioned charts interest an_outlaw much, just my impression). Actually, I've already found an album I liked very much on Norman Bates' french chart (and I can only imagine there are many more) and I'm frequently visiting Poe's charts (whenever I need to expand my musical horizons or more correctly, when I need to challenge my conception of music Laughing ).

This idea has been perpetuated by lies and jokes against me. I once joked about Post-rock not being up to par after not enjoying an album that night and everyone clung onto it. The stereotype was thrust onto me by some prolific users on here. Not talking

Everything posted here does interest me very much. I have liked all music which has graced my ears to some degree. Wink