Cover Songs: Side By Side

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
LTSings

United States

• Posted: 01/21/2024 19:15
  • Post subject:
I thought the Ray Charles version of "Born to Lose" was the original version, but I just looked it up and found out the original version is by Ted Daffan's Texans and was recorded in 1942 and released in 1943.

Link
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 01/21/2024 20:51
  • Post subject:
LTSings wrote:
Strange. The site isn't letting me post 2 videos in one post again today. I don't know why. It's working for other people, but not me. So, I'll have to post these videos in separate posts.

If you want to do 2 videos in one post, then you have to do the process twice.

1st video:

[youtube](url)[/youtube]

2nd video:

[youtube](url2)[/youtube]

Let me know if that helps!
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 01/21/2024 21:05
  • Post subject:

Link

Written by Tom Petty
From the album

Bidin' My Time by Chris Hillman

Chris Hillman is one of the giants of alt-country and country rock. He was a founding member of both The Byrds and The Flying Burrito Brothers. He covered this great Tom Petty song on his 2017 album Bidin' My Time.

Hillman stayed pretty close to Petty's original, which features Mike Campbell (harpsichord and bass), Benmont Tench on piano and Steve Ferrone on drums. It's from Petty's second solo album (1994)

Link

From the album

Wildflowers by Tom Petty
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
LTSings

United States

• Posted: 01/22/2024 20:45
  • Post subject:
@Romanelli The site still will only let me post one video at a time for some reason. Very strange. This is the Bettye Swann version of "Suspicious Minds". It was recorded in 1975 but for some reason wasn't released until 2014 on a compilation of Bettye's Atlantic recordings. I think it's a very good cover. I can't imagine why they waited so many years to release it.

Link
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
LTSings

United States

• Posted: 01/22/2024 20:48
  • Post subject:
I thought the Elvis Presley version of this song was the original version but I looked it up and found out the original version is by someone named Mark James. It's from 1968. This was the case for "Born to Lose" too. I thought the original version was by Ray Charles but found out it was by someone else yesterday when I looked it up. So I'm already learning some new things because of this thread.

Link

[/youtube]
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
LTSings

United States

• Posted: 01/23/2024 17:22
  • Post subject:
It's just so strange that I can only post one video at a time here but others can. I don't understand it. I used to be able to post more than one video but I can't now for some reason.

The Thrill Is Gone - Aretha Franklin - 1970

Link
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
LTSings

United States

• Posted: 01/23/2024 17:25
  • Post subject:
It's happened again. Once again, I was wrong about who the original artist was. I always thought the B.B. King version of this song was the original version but I just found out the original version is by Roy Hawkins and it's from 1951. I'm learning alot thanks to this thread. By the way, I think Roy Hawkins sounds a lot like Charles Brown on this song.

Link

[/youtube]
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
MadhattanJack
Just to end the list...

United States

• Posted: 01/23/2024 21:43
  • Post subject:
LTSings wrote:
It's just so strange that I can only post one video at a time here but others can. I don't understand it.

I don't mean to cast aspersions on your BBCode skills, but are you trying to put two Youtube links within the same pair of tags, instead of having each link within its own pair? I noticed that if you do that, and separate the two links with a carriage-return, the board displays the first video but not the second, and the second link just gets ignored. (In other words, it doesn't tell you it's a mistake.)

Link

Link

Also, the only way to put non-displaying comments into a post is to surround them with color tags and change the color to "#EEEEEE" — and then cross your fingers and hope nobody is clever enough to highlight the text despite there being no apparent reason for anyone to do so.
  • Visit poster's website
Brigand99

United States

• Posted: 01/24/2024 03:59
  • Post subject:
LTSings wrote:
I thought the Elvis Presley version of this song was the original version but I looked it up and found out the original version is by someone named Mark James. It's from 1968. This was the case for "Born to Lose" too. I thought the original version was by Ray Charles but found out it was by someone else yesterday when I looked it up. So I'm already learning some new things because of this thread.

Link

[/youtube]

It's cool to hear this because I always kind of knew it existed but I've never heard it before. Or the other version you have up there. Really cool.
  • Visit poster's website
LTSings

United States

• Posted: 01/24/2024 12:17
  • Post subject:
[quote="MadhattanJack"]I don't mean to cast aspersions on your BBCode skills, but are you trying to put two Youtube links within the same pair of tags, instead of having each link within its own pair? I noticed that if you do that, and separate the two links with a carriage-return, the board displays the first video but not the second, and the second link just gets ignored. (In other words, it doesn't tell you it's a mistake.)

No, I'm doing it the same way as always, but isn't working for me anymore for some reason. I don't understand.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website