Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 06/30/2011 00:34
  • Post subject:
GARY wrote:
Romanelli wrote:
GARY wrote:
Jhereko wrote:

not on the site! (for some bizarre reason Basement Jaxx get very little love on this site)

I'm not gonna post every single track from the album (because honestly who wants to listen to an album by watching different embedded youtube videos?)

Basement Jaxx - Kish Kash (2003)
1. Good Luck
2. Right Here's The Spot
3. Benjilude
4. Lucky Star
5. Petrilude
6. Supersonic
7. Plug it In
8. Cosmolude
9. If I Ever Recover
10. Cish Cash
11. Tonight
12. Hot 'n Cold
13. Living Room
14. Feels Like Home

okay
Good Luck

Link

are you dancing yet? yeah now go get the rest of the album Wink

Umm WTF Jhereko what is the problem with posting the songs from YouTube Shocked

I mean if you don't want to post them fine, no problem at all.

But, if someone, O, say like me for instance, chooses to post video's for every song why is that so bad Brick wall

How else are people going to hear obscure albums?
Am I supposed to go out and buy the album you are talking about to see if it's good and or if I like it Shocked

And WTF is so bad about YouTube video's with the song on them?

Please tell me, SOMEONE, ANYONE, tell me what the Hell is so bad about being able to hear the songs?

It's not bad. Give us a taste of the album. One song, maybe two. But the answer to the question above is GO OUT AND BUY IT.

I have no interest in playing every video from an album, and listening to the whole thing to see if I like it. Buying an album is an adventure. Getting it home and discovering the music on it is a big part of the purchase. It's not supposed to be safe to the point that you've heard every song and made an informed decision before you buy it.

Where is the fun in that?

I assume that people here have a lot of albums, anyway, right? Go buy it. If you don't like it, trade it for something else. If you do like it, there you go.

Well guess what you there Einstein Evil or Very Mad

If you spend money on complete discs without knowing anyfuckingthing about the album you are a moron.

And if someone posts 8 video's from an album and you do not want to hear the entire album

DON'T WATCH ALL 8 VIDEO'S Embarassed

One more thing genius, if you don't like this thread,

GTFO Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

So. I was trying to be nice. In fact, I WENT OUT OF MY FUCKING WAY to make my reply to YOUR QUESTION as nice as I possibly could. And, as usual on this site full of pompous assholes, I get a shit answer. AGAIN.

I'd recommend this site to others, but you people just suck.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
40footwolf

United States

• Posted: 06/30/2011 00:41
  • Post subject:
Continuing with the doom theme, another modern doom masterpiece that isn't on BEA is Sleep's Dopesmoker. A truncated version in the form of Jerusalem does appear on a few charts but Dopesmoker is as close to the original work as the band intended, as one 63 minute epic about a pilgrimage to a land where marijuana is the most holy expression of self there is. The only way I can describe it is "tribal drone": Imagine a religion based around smoking weed, with all the rituals and practices that any religion has, as serious as the grave. It's a hymn to the bong that's as somber as it is ecstatic; I feel confident saying that there's nothing else out there quite like it. Enjoy. (Note that the vocals don't come in until the second video and again, it's meant to be listened to as one song, so Youtube isn't quite going to do it justice, but this should be enough to tell whether or not it's your bag.)

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

I'll post the lyrics too, as it's an album that's best enjoyed by reading along with the story.

Drop out of life with bong in hand
Follow the Smoke toward the Riff filled Land
Drop…out of life with bong in hand

Solo One
Proceeds the Weedian – Nazareth

Creedsmen roll out across the dying dawn
Sacred Israel Holy Mountain Zion
Sun beams down on to the Sandsea reigns
Caravan migrates through deep sandscape
Lungsmen unearth the creed of Hasheeshian
Procession of the Weed-Priests to cross the sands
Desert Legion Smoke-Covenant is complete
Herb bails retied on to backs of beasts
Arise arise arise - The Son of the God of Israel
Jordan River flows on evermore
Bathe in glow of sunlight’s beating rays
They feel so lost and burned through our days
Stoner caravan emerge from sandsea
Earthling inserts to chalice the green cutchie
Groundation soul finds trust upon smoking hose
Assembled creedsmen rises prayer-filled smoke
Raise up seer’s Holy Prophecy
Lets down on upon years of the sun now feeds
Seed of Eden fall on the(m ten fold) ?? (dont know last word he says maybe 2 words)
Onward caravan prepare new bong

Weed-Priests ?? Smol-tent the right (not sure wut comes after priests but its only one word)
Judgement soon come to Mankind
Green Herbsmen serve rightful king
Hemp seed caravan carries

Solo Two
- Break -
The molten fire flowed up toward Zion
Flight of the Nazarene to seek the Cheribum
Rides out believer with the spliff aflame
Marijuanaut escapes earth to cultivate

Solo Three
Grow-Room is church temple of the new stoner breed
Chants Loud-Robed priest down on to the freedom seed
Burnt offering redeems – completes smoked deliverance
Caravans’ stoned deliverance
The caravan holds to Eastern Creed - Now smokes believer !
The Chronicle of the Sensimillian

Follow the smoke toward the riff-filled land
Follow-the-smoke-Jerusalem

-John Cassavettes
  • Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 06/30/2011 00:45
  • Post subject:
Romanelli wrote:
GARY wrote:
Romanelli wrote:
GARY wrote:
Jhereko wrote:

not on the site! (for some bizarre reason Basement Jaxx get very little love on this site)

I'm not gonna post every single track from the album (because honestly who wants to listen to an album by watching different embedded youtube videos?)

Basement Jaxx - Kish Kash (2003)
1. Good Luck
2. Right Here's The Spot
3. Benjilude
4. Lucky Star
5. Petrilude
6. Supersonic
7. Plug it In
8. Cosmolude
9. If I Ever Recover
10. Cish Cash
11. Tonight
12. Hot 'n Cold
13. Living Room
14. Feels Like Home

okay
Good Luck

Link

are you dancing yet? yeah now go get the rest of the album Wink

Umm WTF Jhereko what is the problem with posting the songs from YouTube Shocked

I mean if you don't want to post them fine, no problem at all.

But, if someone, O, say like me for instance, chooses to post video's for every song why is that so bad Brick wall

How else are people going to hear obscure albums?
Am I supposed to go out and buy the album you are talking about to see if it's good and or if I like it Shocked

And WTF is so bad about YouTube video's with the song on them?

Please tell me, SOMEONE, ANYONE, tell me what the Hell is so bad about being able to hear the songs?

It's not bad. Give us a taste of the album. One song, maybe two. But the answer to the question above is GO OUT AND BUY IT.

I have no interest in playing every video from an album, and listening to the whole thing to see if I like it. Buying an album is an adventure. Getting it home and discovering the music on it is a big part of the purchase. It's not supposed to be safe to the point that you've heard every song and made an informed decision before you buy it.

Where is the fun in that?

I assume that people here have a lot of albums, anyway, right? Go buy it. If you don't like it, trade it for something else. If you do like it, there you go.

Well guess what you there Einstein Evil or Very Mad

If you spend money on complete discs without knowing anyfuckingthing about the album you are a moron.

And if someone posts 8 video's from an album and you do not want to hear the entire album

DON'T WATCH ALL 8 VIDEO'S Embarassed

One more thing genius, if you don't like this thread,

GTFO Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

So. I was trying to be nice. In fact, I WENT OUT OF MY FUCKING WAY to make my reply to YOUR QUESTION as nice as I possibly could. And, as usual on this site full of pompous assholes, I get a shit answer. AGAIN.

I'd recommend this site to others, but you people just suck.

I apologize Embarassed

I took your post personally which I do sometimes on here. Please understand, I spend a great deal of time and effort putting entire albums with lyrics and the best sound quality albums I can find.

I am sorry.

And all I got was this silly hat

• Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 06/30/2011 01:01
  • Post subject:
40footwolf wrote:
Continuing with the doom theme, another modern doom masterpiece that isn't on BEA is Sleep's Dopesmoker. A truncated version in the form of Jerusalem does appear on a few charts but Dopesmoker is as close to the original work as the band intended, as one 63 minute epic about a pilgrimage to a land where marijuana is the most holy expression of self there is. The only way I can describe it is "tribal drone": Imagine a religion based around smoking weed, with all the rituals and practices that any religion has, as serious as the grave. It's a hymn to the bong that's as somber as it is ecstatic; I feel confident saying that there's nothing else out there quite like it. Enjoy. (Note that the vocals don't come in until the second video and again, it's meant to be listened to as one song, so Youtube isn't quite going to do it justice, but this should be enough to tell whether or not it's your bag.)

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

I'll post the lyrics too, as it's an album that's best enjoyed by reading along with the story.

Drop…out of life with bong in hand

Solo One

Creedsmen roll out across the dying dawn
Sacred Israel Holy Mountain Zion
Sun beams down on to the Sandsea reigns
Caravan migrates through deep sandscape
Lungsmen unearth the creed of Hasheeshian
Procession of the Weed-Priests to cross the sands
Desert Legion Smoke-Covenant is complete
Herb bails retied on to backs of beasts
Arise arise arise - The Son of the God of Israel
Jordan River flows on evermore
Bathe in glow of sunlight’s beating rays
They feel so lost and burned through our days
Stoner caravan emerge from sandsea
Earthling inserts to chalice the green cutchie
Groundation soul finds trust upon smoking hose
Assembled creedsmen rises prayer-filled smoke
Raise up seer’s Holy Prophecy
Lets down on upon years of the sun now feeds
Seed of Eden fall on the(m ten fold) ?? (dont know last word he says maybe 2 words)
Onward caravan prepare new bong

Weed-Priests ?? Smol-tent the right (not sure wut comes after priests but its only one word)
Judgement soon come to Mankind
Green Herbsmen serve rightful king
Hemp seed caravan carries

Solo Two
- Break -
The molten fire flowed up toward Zion
Flight of the Nazarene to seek the Cheribum
Rides out believer with the spliff aflame
Marijuanaut escapes earth to cultivate

Solo Three
Grow-Room is church temple of the new stoner breed
Chants Loud-Robed priest down on to the freedom seed
Burnt offering redeems – completes smoked deliverance
Caravans’ stoned deliverance
The caravan holds to Eastern Creed - Now smokes believer !
The Chronicle of the Sensimillian

Follow the smoke toward the riff-filled land
Follow-the-smoke-Jerusalem

I really like this. Musically and lyrically Very Happy

I guess my take on it is a little different. Seems there is not only the weed worship, but also, if not to an even greater extent, it's about an apocalypse is soon at hand and will be focused in and or on the middle east.

There is a lot more going on in this song than I first thought Think

Very cool Wolf Very Happy

• Visit poster's website
40footwolf

United States

• Posted: 06/30/2011 01:30
  • Post subject:
It's interesting that you bring that up because while I think everyone in the band is agnostic or Atheist, the members of Sleep, from this album onward, have an intense fascination with the mythology surrounding the tribes of Abraham. The members of Sleep split into two bands after this album, High on Fire and Om, and while HoF only dabbles in Middle Eastern music styles, Om's entire focus as a band is on ancient Judeo-Christian folklore, even down to the rhythmic patterns they use. I wouldn't discount the idea of Dopesmoker being written as a companion piece to Revelations that focuses on the spiritual role of marijuana during the end times.

This is why I'm always bewildered when people refer to metal as being stupid or unsophisticated: This album alone gives more food for thought than about 98% of popular music.

-John Cassavettes
  • Visit poster's website
Necharsian
Best Ever User

Canada

• Posted: 06/30/2011 03:12
  • Post subject:
40footwolf wrote:

I'm not really a doom metal kind of person, but I actually enjoyed that. Alot more than I thought I would. I am a sucker for theological albums, I suppose.
  • Visit poster's website
Captain_Dude

United States

• Posted: 06/30/2011 03:21
  • Post subject:
I really do like that Sleep album. The stuff sounds like it was just plucked off Black Sabbath's Master of Reality (one of my all-time favorite albums). The Sabbath influence is undeniable.

The vocals are a little too harsh, though...but, that seems to be the trend in metal these days. I don't know why metal singers want to sound like Bill from True Blood yelling out "Sookie!" lol

I also really like that album cover (a dying artform) with what looks to be a four-headed horse (4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse?).

Thanks for sharing!
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 06/30/2011 03:32
  • Post subject:
Captain_Dude wrote:
I really do like that Sleep album. The stuff sounds like it was just plucked off Black Sabbath's Master of Reality (one of my all-time favorite albums). The Sabbath influence is undeniable.

The vocals are a little too harsh, though...but, that seems to be the trend in metal these days. I don't know why metal singers want to sound like Bill from True Blood yelling out "Sookie!" lol

I also really like that album cover (a dying artform) with what looks to be a four-headed horse (4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse?).

Thanks for sharing!

Hey Captain Dude always a pleasure meeting another Sabbath fan Very Happy

I like most of their albums a lot but IMO Heaven and Hell is the ultimate Sabbath album and I see that you have it at #18 on your chart. I also have H&H on my chart at #8

I was wondering the same thing about the 4 horsemen Think

Either way I love the album cover. I first saw it on the what album are you currently listening to now thread and thought it was cool.

• Visit poster's website
kidamnesiac

• Posted: 07/04/2011 14:28
  • Post subject:
good god's urge

Link

• Visit poster's website
Captain_Dude

United States

• Posted: 07/04/2011 18:45
  • Post subject:

World Entertainment War is a band that should have been HUGE!!!!

The world's greatest rock promoter, Bill Graham, was blown away by their talent and saw them as the Grateful Dead of the '90s (in terms of popularity and talent). This band impressed him more than any band had since the '60s. Unfortunately, Bill died in an helicopter crash before he could make his predictions come true...without Bill Graham, MCA failed to give it proper promotion and the band and its sales fell apart.

World Entertainment War vocalist Darby Gould would go on to be the replacement for Grace Slick in Jefferson Starship after Paul Kantner heard her onstage with World Entertainment War.

I picked up the CD in a cut-out bin for about $3.99. It is absolutely amazing! I didn't see any video footage of this band on Youtube, but there are a few songs on there that you can listen to (although, I didn't see anything for my favorite track: "Prayer Wars"). Hell, go buy a copy of the CD...you can find it cheap! It's well worth it.

I always have thought of them as a cross between The The and Frankie Goes to Hollywood. The album is crammed with ideas and performance...play it "one louder."