What is the best-ever-album for you? Why?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Toto456

• Posted: 04/05/2015 03:12
  • Post subject: What is the best-ever-album for you? Why?
Music Has The Right To Children of Boards of Canada, always this album is gonna be the best ever album that i even heard on my entire life.

The principal reason of this album, is for the question that i make myself, how is the music on the heaven? on the paradise?

And i think this album is gonna be the more thing closer for that questions.

I've considered this for the Soundtrack of my entire life, for the most nostalgic moments, i've love to put this.
JMan

• Posted: 04/05/2015 03:44
  • Post subject:
This is something we can add to the comment on charts, but what they hey.

Led Zeppelin IV. It's the album that I have the highest track average on, it's very diverse, and it makes me think of how it was so highly influenced by bands from the past and how it infuences other musicians. But it's all about Plant's vocals and Jimmy's riffs, Jones' compositions and Bonham's druming. Come on. When the Levee Breaks has my fave drum riff.

The album defines the word "album" to me. It does so well at displaying the band's talent, and it never goes out of it's way to be more than it can be, and it's as good as it could be. Its equilibrium is unbreakable.
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 04/05/2015 03:58
  • Post subject:

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy by Kanye West

I turn off a lot of people when I say this, but I don't give a damn.

First of all, it broke the rap genre shackles for me, which is huge because now my top 4 favorite albums of all time are rap albums. Second, it has been with me through high school, which fits because high school is an emotional roller coaster for almost everybody and this album certainly is a roller coaster in itself. I have a lot of personal attachment towards this album because it was there for me every step of the way in becoming the man I am today. There is no other album I have replayed as much as this one. Third, the music is just fantastic. I don't need to describe it for you when you can go listen to it yourself! Smile

When I am listening to this album, I have a billion thoughts that run through my head on why I love it so much, but once I have a computer in front of me, I go blank! Trust me, the reasoning is much more deeper than what I just typed above!
LAF2

United States

• Posted: 04/05/2015 04:09
  • Post subject:
For me, it has to be In the Court of the Crimson King. Takes strings, woodwinds, brass, and percussion to form one of the most experimental and influential albums of all time. It has the rage and passion of rock, the serenity and introspection of improvisation, and everything in between while pioneering the progressive subgenre. Some lyrics provide insightful social commentary, while others elicit atmospheric ambiance through pure poetry. From the most conventional to the most experimental forms of music, its coverage of a number of lyrical approaches, and its influence on everything from post-rock to avant-metal, King Crimson cover and create an unimaginable array of musical movements, not to mention for a debut album. Fripp shreds guitar, McDonald kills the woodwinds and brass, Sinfield's lyrics are exceptional, Lake nails the vocals, and Giles holds the wheel of time in his hands by using the perfect balance of grace and power to give the best drumming performance on any album I've ever heard. The album is simply exceptional in every way.

On my charts, I gave a more descriptive explanation of its strongest points, but hopefully this will suffice.
  • Visit poster's website
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States

• Posted: 04/05/2015 04:35
  • Post subject:
At first I was frustrated with this thread cuz we have charts, but it occurred to me that this would just be people gushing about their favorite albums and I'm totally cool with that.

Anyways, for me:

Deja Entendu by Brand New

This album is so many things to me. More than anything, maybe, it's a manual of how to hate yourself and how to move on. Tatou is beautiful and subtle and I'd listen to a whole album like that, but then it's a quick tonal shift. Sic Transit Gloria hits my heart in specific ways that won't ring true for everyone, but that song has helped hold my hand and make me feel like, more than anything, I'm not alone, and to fight that voice, that voice that screams to die young and save yourself. The album that follows, because going track by track would be tedious, is basically just the story of an immature rock star realizing life sucks and you'll get hurt but you need to keep pushing. And yet, at the end, there's a certain amount of recognition in how little everything really means. The whole album title, Deja Entendu (french for Already Heard, kind of) suggests that it's not a unique sound or tale, and to end the whole album with a snippet of Beatles ("Never to see any other way") and a door shutting suggests "eh, this album happened, there's still other ones" as well as "we never learn" as well as "things just come to an end" and ... there's so much there. I'm ill and on little sleep but my god it's just an album that has helped me so much personally. I know it's not for everyone and I honestly don't care. Like I said on my chart, this album is my friend, my buddy.

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website
Decurso

Canada

• Posted: 04/05/2015 06:33
  • Post subject:
The top album on my overall chart is...

Is it the best album ever? Probably not. But it has everything I want in an album. It has hard rock, folk, blues, world music...you would have to listen to 5 different artists to get the same level of diversity in a single album. It gives me a full range of music that I like in a single dose. And the musicianship is killer.
  • Visit poster's website
nachosbob

United States

• Posted: 04/05/2015 06:40
  • Post subject:

Fantasma by Cornelius

Cuz monkey noises...

Memo to myself:
Do the dumb things I gotta do
Touch the puppet head
  • Visit poster's website
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 04/05/2015 09:03
  • Post subject:

Like Water For Chocolate by Common

I love Common, J Dilla, DJ Premier and D'Angelo. Here they are all on one record.
alelsupreme
Awful.

United Kingdom

• Posted: 04/05/2015 13:11
  • Post subject:

A Love Supreme by John Coltrane

They play dead well.
  • Visit poster's website
Cartesius

• Posted: 04/05/2015 13:20
  • Post subject:
Puncture Repair wrote:

Like Water For Chocolate by Common

I love Common, J Dilla, DJ Premier and D'Angelo. Here they are all on one record.

will check out man