View previous topic :: View next topic
Antonio-Pedro
Subspace Highway Traveler

Brazil

• Posted: 07/30/2019 02:48
  • Post subject:
29/07

Titanic Rising by Weyes Blood

Titanic Rising is characterized by a triumph in the field of contemporary art-pop, Weyes Blood can create songs that burst with humanity and life, with contagious vocal melodies, ensuring a pleasurable and rich musical journey. Titanic Rising abstracts some symmetrical influence from rock albums of the '70s, guitar solos a-la George Harrison, composition crescendos that make Elton John have memory lapses and a voice that ring a bell with Karen Carpenter. The album opens with A Lot’s Gonna Change, an ethereal song which opens with angelical strings followed by a piano and weyes's voice slowly opening like a flower into something bigger, something more beautiful, the drum stretches and the violins dawn in a euphoric chorus , the name of the song is repeated so softly that it seems that it was made by a divine touch, a musical entity of a dreamlike plane; in my opinion the highlight of the album and the best song of 2019. The first 4 songs are a streak that currently holds the best opening sequence of an album, with “ Andromeda ” being a more sentimental ballad, playing with a somewhat challenging progression and contains a solo that would make Harrison proud if he were alive today, “Everytime” A pop song that uses the artifice of weyes skill with a beautiful vocal melody to stand out from its not so unique evolution. “Something to believe ” closes this room with a bittersweet request for peace, the whole aura of the song longing for a feeling that overwhelmed a comfort of having something to hold on to nearby. One of the things that I find most intriguing about titanic rising is how all of her songs can catch my attention, it seems like all of them were done in their own time and the recordings themselves took their time and the creative respect that these songs deserved. The result is a much more organic, enjoyable product that allows you to be much closer emotionally to weyes, within the possibilities, and this makes the richness of elements that the songs are immersed into much more visible and passable of appreciation. “Wild time” triumphs in the second part of the album for its theme-like resemblance and progressive construction of older songs (as I said, weyes managed to bring very good 70s aspects to this album) and probably builds the album's most epic song, being a distant second cousin of "Us and Them " and "I Talk to the Wind," she harnesses the instrumental richness of the album and the bold progression in which it is built to stretch between sonic arrangements that echo in the furthest parts of the universe. Titanic Rising is a work of art of painted priceless beauty in a person 's head in his room, asking the why the world is like that, the album exudes a mature tone, but it contains a refreshing breeze of innocence.