Good Bye, Lenin!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
View previous topic :: View next topic
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 08/12/2016 19:41
  • Post subject:
Once I complete some of my more tangible goals (don't think I'll do the once a year thing for a while, that's quite the project... although I do want to do a thread that is almost a music history cause that sounds fun) I think I'll start a "boring" journal of my BEA top 100. It's a lot of work... but I want to do it.
  • Visit poster's website
Rhett

United States

• Posted: 08/12/2016 21:38
  • Post subject:
I'd like to see someone explain their picks from last to first. Lately I've been finding more interesting albums at the end of lists than I have at the beginning.

In fact, I'd be pretty happy to merely see people defend their #100 pick. Smile
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend

United States

• Posted: 08/13/2016 15:03
  • Post subject:
Rhett wrote:
I'd like to see someone explain their picks from last to first. Lately I've been finding more interesting albums at the end of lists than I have at the beginning.

In fact, I'd be pretty happy to merely see people defend their #100 pick. Smile

Thanks for the encouragement/motivation!
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend

United States

• Posted: 09/20/2016 00:55
  • Post subject:
SLP I just posted here:

SLP #26: The Heart of Timpanogos.

http://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/vi...hp?t=14918
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend

United States

• Posted: 10/06/2016 00:19
  • Post subject:
BANANAS
A
N
A
N
A
S
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend

United States

• Posted: 11/13/2016 18:50
  • Post subject:
Albums I've gotten into thanks to friends and this site. Some of them are I knew the artist, but didn't really follow them on new albums and some were totally new finds. I wonder how much of these are novelty vs stuff I'll still be listening to in 10 years, but I really like them now nonetheless. Best part is that I thought they were mediocre/boring my first listen (most of them)... but then they grew and growers usually are the better albums.

In no particular order (and I'm sure all of you lovely people have already wiped your asses and moved on past these, but hey, it's my journal):

My friend Pete randomly messaged me... this is the greatest album, you have to check it out:

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Drive...iona Apple

This site brought me to this album... I listened to it back in 2012 or something and didn't really like it... listened to it again in beginning of 2016... fell in love.

Born To Die by Lana Del Rey

My sister played this for me... it has such a happy vibe and fell in love immediately:

Go by Jónsi

A friend pointed them out to me... I'm still on the fence about them. A bassist with an octave pedal... that part is awesome, but are they really any better than Jack White? Idk... still good stuff.

Royal Blood by Royal Blood

This site. I loved their debut, which I found through my sister... she plays the flute and fell in love with the solo in A-Punk... then we both looked into them more and they reminded us of Paul Simon a bit... so we further fell in love with them. Their second album came out and I was like... eh, ok I guess they were a one hit wonder and lost interest in them. Listening project brought this album back into my realm. And I've since fallen in love. To be honest I was bored my first listen around. It just didn't click... but it sure does now.

Modern Vampires Of The City by Vampire Weekend

My drummer friend used to play with these guys when they were called the elizabethan report... now they are Sego... but this album was the first time I was like... dude, a band from Provo can sound this good?!?!?!

Place To Be by Eyes Lips Eyes

To be honest... I'm going to blame the movie Tron for me getting into Daft Punk. Sure they had a few hits before, but never went past that for me. Tron was a gateway drug and made it east to really fell in love with this album.

Random Access Memories by Daft Punk

Guitar friend suggested to check him out. I heard Numb and shit myself. Rest is history.

Live by Gary Clark Jr.

Elephant on the radio got me to check these guys out to be honest. It took me a bit to get into this album to be honest though. The psychedelic side of things... I haven't fallen in love with, but I still appreciate and am giving this more rotations.

Lonerism by Tame Impala

A different drummer friend of mine got me into this album with the self titled track:

Sweet Sour by Band Of Skulls

Well that's enough for now.
  • Visit poster's website