A look upon the records

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 06/29/2018 16:36
  • Post subject:
The name of the single is typed out right below the album title. And the album pictured is the album that the single is from.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 08/07/2018 00:48
  • Post subject:
Man I remember when this was usually going. By me. Now I have actually been going through the top 100 of 1969. Kinda had a spur of the moment around two weeks ago. And has been going slow but smoothly. Also 2015 will be up and running as well as would get to 1999 at some point. When? Whenever. Didn't forget about those two years. But back on 69. I've been loving that year. Have a fifth of that top 100 done and most of the albums have been quite positive. Now I don't know if there will be some albums where I'm annoyed or bored from this year, but that won't make the college try end.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 08/18/2018 02:26
  • Post subject:
Oh shit! I finish this.

For there debut this was excellent. Not perfect, I would argue that after this crazier acts like Death Grips gave us something crazier and mind melting. But you can't get rid of this. This was the seed to get listeners at that time to be aware of industrial while they made sure to blend several styles that were popular at the time. Also this somewhat reminds of Grace Jones Nightclubbing where though minimal is quite distinct and had details that kept the listeners entertained even after this long and introduced to modern audio techniques and fuller sounds. But Pretty Hate Machine is worth your time and energy.

Grade:90
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 08/18/2018 23:01
  • Post subject:
I am in the moment of listening to this for the first time.

And I could definitely see how some fans or how the melon will give this a low score. Earlier, I wanted to give a low score for feeling like a slob. But after working, I needed this. This is some healing magic. Probably give the rating later.

Yeah this was a trip. I think my only complaint for this album is that this doesn't work on a song by song basis where you can't take a track on its own. But together it creates a high that just lasts all the way through. Now results will vary from person to person. But I enjoy this. And wouldn't be that surprised if I came back to this over and over.

• Visit poster's website
Komorebi-D

Australia

• Posted: 08/19/2018 01:57
  • Post subject:
Luigii wrote:

And I could definitely see how some fans or how the melon will give this a low score. Earlier, I wanted to give a low score for feeling like a slob. But after working, I needed this. This is some healing magic. Probably give the rating later.

Yeah this was a trip. I think my only complaint for this album is that this doesn't work on a song by song basis where you can't take a track on its own. But together it creates a high that just lasts all the way through. Now results will vary from person to person. But I enjoy this. And wouldn't be that surprised if I came back to this over and over.

Bro have I got a surprise for you:

Feels by Animal Collective

You should’ve just listened to more Anco. when I told you to haha.

2019: The 25 [RYM]
2020: The 25 [RYM]
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 08/19/2018 01:59
  • Post subject:
Komorebi-D wrote:
Luigii wrote:

You should’ve just listened to more Anco. when I told you to tell haha.

You know what, your right. No argument there. Just been busy with stuff and acts get lost to the waste side.
  • Visit poster's website
Komorebi-D

Australia

• Posted: 08/19/2018 02:05
  • Post subject:
Luigii wrote:
Komorebi-D wrote:
Luigii wrote:

You should’ve just listened to more Anco. when I told you to tell haha.

You know what, your right. No argument there. Just been busy with stuff and acts get lost to the waste side.

I know. I realised as soon as I sent it. I’m sorry man, we all know what it’s like. Most of my time in the foreseeable future is going to spent in a daze with this and the new Mitski album. Fuck that thing is a minor masterpiece. It’s already in my top 5.

2019: The 25 [RYM]
2020: The 25 [RYM]
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 08/19/2018 02:08
  • Post subject:
Might have to check that Mitski album.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 08/19/2018 03:10
  • Post subject:

I've been sleeping hard on Four Tet on a long time. And sure I listen to his recent album which in certain circles considers as his "disappointed" album. Which is funny because I love this alot. Find it very dreamy and meditative. And sure this might not be my #1 pick for him. But as of now it is a contender for top half of ranking his work.

• Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 09/15/2018 22:10
  • Post subject:
Well here I am again. "Will there will be any albums to talk about?" Well yes actually. I found that both Kate Bush's 50 Words Of Snow and Radiohead's A Moon Shaped Pool are borderline masterful. Love the world both those records made. But the real reason I'm here is to show videos I like to watch.
..... No wait come back. I got the good stuff in the form of T.A.S.

So T.A.S is for video games Tool Assisted Speedruns. For explanation here is this video. I realistically want to get to the good stuff.

Link

Now with that video under your belt, here are 5 videos I want to show you. These do come with a warning where you will probably be laughing your ass of why dropping your jaw.

First comes Mario 64 with 120 stars.

Link

Next comes the game that made me obsessed with the company, Yoshi's Island with 100%

Link

Third comes a short but crazy run of the original Super Monkey Ball. If you know this game, this is the early 2000's equivalent of NES hard.

Link

Fourth is to me my favorite game from the big N under the hardest difficulty with Wario Land 4. Also sorry if you get annoyed by the constant beeping. But if you don't like it, I'll give you the any percent run.

Link

Link

And lastly, here's Wind Waker. I'd say skip to 5:30 for that video. That's when the magic happens.

Link

Curious if these videos will cause a discussion? But I love these videos so much.
  • Visit poster's website