Looks like nasty weather...

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
bobbyb5

United States
  • Posted: 09/08/2017 06:28
  • Post subject: Looks like nasty weather...
All this nasty weather from the hurricanes in the news lately keeps reminding me of all the songs about rain and wind and hurricanes and storms and snow and floods. Never realized there was so many. What are your favorite songs about meteorological events?

This is my favorite because this song covers all the bases , hurricanes, earthquakes, lightning, rain, floods. There's never been so much nasty weather in a single song;

Bad Moon Rising. Creedence Clearwater Revival

Last edited by bobbyb5 on 09/08/2017 06:41; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
Wh3n1nR0me

United Kingdom
  • Posted: 09/08/2017 06:34
  • Post subject:
Had the radio on all night as usual and this is all over the news, the hurricanes and now a large earthquake that could cause a tsunami.

On topic, Hurricane by Bob Dylan and I'll think of more as this goes along.
  • Visit poster's website
Jimmy Dread
Old skool like Happy Shopper

United Kingdom

• Posted: 09/08/2017 07:21
  • Post subject: Re: Looks like nasty weather...
bobbyb5 wrote:
All this nasty weather from the hurricanes in the news lately keeps reminding me of all the songs about rain and wind and hurricanes and storms and snow and floods. What are your favorite songs about meteorological events?

'Nasty weather from hurricanes'? People are fucking dying, lives and homes are being turned upside-down (literally) and whole Caribbean islands are being rendered uninhabitable, so let's think of songs about floods and shit. Bit bloody tasteless if you ask me.

Thoughts, prayers and irie vibes to those in Houston and the Carribean who've been affected.
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States
  • Posted: 09/08/2017 07:39
Jimmy Dread wrote:
'Nasty weather from hurricanes'? People are fucking dying, lives and homes are being turned upside-down (literally) and whole Caribbean islands are being rendered uninhabitable, so let's think of songs about floods and shit. Bit bloody tasteless if you ask me.

Thoughts, prayers and irie vibes to those in Houston and the Carribean who've been affected.

Gee, I'm so glad you told me that hurricanes are BAD things, because I always thought they were GOOD things. Thanks for the tip.
  • Visit poster's website
Wh3n1nR0me

United Kingdom
  • Posted: 09/08/2017 07:48
Jimmy Dread wrote:

Absolutely.

And I apologise for my ignorance in this.
  • Visit poster's website
Fischman
RockMonster, JazzMeister, Bluesboy,ClassicalMaster

United States
  • Posted: 09/08/2017 16:35
Jimmy Dread wrote:

And your "thoughts, prayers and vibes" won't do those people any more good than Bobby's discussion of songs about bad weather.
  • Visit poster's website
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 09/08/2017 20:40
Fischman wrote:
Jimmy Dread wrote:

And your "thoughts, prayers and vibes" won't do those people any more good than Bobby's discussion of songs about bad weather.

Do you think it would be appropiate right after the various terror attacks in Europe and Charlottesville to tie in a thread all about our favorite cars? For fucks sake, I actually do agree with Jimmy but if somebody wants to make a tasteless thread like this be my guest afterall it is just a conversation on the internet

Last edited by cestuneblague on 09/08/2017 20:41; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada
  • Posted: 09/08/2017 20:41
  • Post subject:
Leeeeettt's just get a mod to delete this.
Fischman
RockMonster, JazzMeister, Bluesboy,ClassicalMaster

United States
  • Posted: 09/08/2017 21:02
CryingGameDahlin wrote:
Fischman wrote:
Jimmy Dread wrote:

Do you think it would be appropiate right after the various terror attacks in Europe and Charlottesville to tie in a thread all about our favorite cars? For fucks sake, I actually do agree with Jimmy but if somebody wants to make a tasteless thread like this be my guest afterall it is just a conversation on the internet

And your righteous indignation won't help anyone anymore than dreads vibes.

I've actually lived through two major disasters. I never expected anybody else to alter their lives as a result. If you see a connection and it spurs thought, go for it.

Hell, after getting wiped out by a tornado, we were playing SRV's Couldn't Stand the Weather on the car radio while picking through debris!

As you say yourself, it's just an internet thread, nothing more.
  • Visit poster's website
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 09/08/2017 22:47
Quote:
And your righteous indignation won't help anyone anymore than dreads vibes.

I've actually lived through two major disasters. I never expected anybody else to alter their lives as a result. If you see a connection and it spurs thought, go for it.

Hell, after getting wiped out by a tornado, we were playing SRV's Couldn't Stand the Weather on the car radio while picking through debris!

As you say yourself, it's just an internet thread, nothing more.

Wow, you are really mr totally indestructible contrarian, please go down to Barbuda with a megaphone and recite what you just said as well as your favorite songs about natural disasters, and please film it too! I also enjoy your natural-disaster equivilant of "my best friend is black" response, it was quite cogent! My thoughts and prayers go out to everybody who has a conversation with you in any capacity.

[/quote]
  • Visit poster's website