Religious music and country music is the worst

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Tha1ChiefRocka
Yeah, well hey, I'm really sorry.

United States

• Posted: 06/03/2018 20:50
  • Post subject:
Hitler molded a lot of his ideology from Wagner, so Nazi music is some of the best ever made actually.
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 06/03/2018 21:19
  • Post subject:
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:
Hitler molded a lot of his ideology from Wagner, so Nazi music is some of the best ever made actually.

I've always heard that he wrote fascist music that meant to convey his own fascist philosophy. Although how you can tell if music is fascist I don't know. I don't know if he was a classical composer who wrote words too. Because that would be one way to tell. But I don't know how you could tell if music without words is fascist or not.
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 06/03/2018 21:36
  • Post subject:
I bet there's some religious music that you like but you never even thought of it. Like religious Christmas songs. Not all Christmas songs are religious but a lot of them are. Personally, I particularly like Silent Night and Little Drummer Boy and Oh Come All Ye Faithful and Ave Maria and stuff like that. I think those are great songs. That's pretty good music.
  • Visit poster's website
craola
crayon master

United States

• Posted: 06/03/2018 22:19
  • Post subject:
my favorite thing with posts like this is looking at the superior opinion's charts and seeing things like arctic monkeys.
JOSweetHeart

• Posted: 06/04/2018 00:27
  • Post subject: Re: Religious music and country music is the worst
benfitzuk wrote:
Country music is very very very close to being as bad as religious music. Bland overused vibe and no talented singers and it seriously shocks me how big some of them are.

Even though I've been a country music fan since my first day on this planet, I actually agree with you here because there are singers on country radio who in my opinion shouldn't even be there in the first place because they either don't have enough singing talent or their music and singing isn't even country sounding to begin with.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. The following are who I wouldn't miss if they disappeared from radio no matter what station you find them on.

Dixie Chicks-Even before they trashed former president Bush and then acted like they were the only people who have the right to throw down their two pennies, I didn't go for them because to me their singing/music wasn't anything that stood out in the first place. If anything, if was sacrilegious. Their song named "Sin Wagon" is what sealed the deal for me when I first heard them sing at the 2000 CMA award show which was three years before their political tirade(s) ever once took place. By the way, is the lead girl still crying for her mama every two hours at night? I heard that one other song from them and she said in it that she made her bed and she sleeps like a baby.

Carrie Underwood-The first time that I heard her sing, "Sin Wagon" is what came out of her mouth. Even if a song I liked was done instead, she is too much of a screamer and her singing and music doesn't sound country to me.

Kacey Musgraves-Even if she and I did share the same views on certain things, her singing and music both are just boring. The only credit that I can give her is the fact that she can song write and she picked country music out of the other forms of music that there are, but if you want music with pep, walk the other way if you see her headed in your direction.

Kelsi Ballerini-She is too much of a teeny bobber and not all that country sounding either.

Maren Morris-She sounds too much like a folk copy of Kacey Musgraves and her first song on the radio named "My Church" for me was a major turn off for the same reason why I hate that one song from the Dixie Chicks. Just like Carrie Underwood, Maren doesn't know that first impressions are the most important.

Check him out here when you can!
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 06/04/2018 01:14
  • Post subject:
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:

Very true. Wagner himself would have been fired by ABC too...

http://fcit.usf.edu/holocaust/arts/musreich.htm

Also this: http://holocaustmusic.ort.org/politics-...orff-carl/

Link
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 06/04/2018 01:32
  • Post subject:
bobbyb5 wrote:
I've always heard that he wrote fascist music that meant to convey his own fascist philosophy. Although how you can tell if music is fascist I don't know. I don't know if he was a classical composer who wrote words too. Because that would be one way to tell. But I don't know how you could tell if music without words is fascist or not.

While Wagner was clearly a racist, Hitler distorted a lot of music of Germany to mean something different than it actually did.

Wagner lived in a period when the Germany was seeking unification. Their national anthem (still the one used today) had a starting verse that heralded "Deutschland über alles" - Germany above all else. It initially was a unification/brotherhood (similar to Beethoven's 9th) decree, but Hitler then perverted it to mean literally Germany above all else. That first verse has since been stricken from being performed. At that time, Germany technically wasn't a country and was made up of hundreds of "kingdoms", and unified in 1892 or something. Before it was the kingdom of Bavaria or Prussia, etc. and they really wanted to make a go of uniting in democracy/brotherhood, which since got perverted.

Wagner also had similar "German Brotherhood" themes in his writing and music, but it wasn't quite meant the same way Hitler perverted it to be... even if Wagner was clearly a racist (especially anti-semetic).
  • Visit poster's website
Jimmy Dread
Old skool like Happy Shopper

United Kingdom

• Posted: 06/04/2018 07:55
benfitzuk wrote:
I cannot cannot cannot stand religious music at all. i just hate it so so much. i mean it is a little biased coming from a strong atheists point of view but seriously. someone back me up here. I can't stand all that 'I love Jesus' shit and I seriously think it just needs to get shut down really. Spiritual music is fine, because it's different, and we let George Harrison off as a spiritual musician, but people like TobyMac and Mercy me are just plain bad.

Great way to endear yourself to the BEA forum regs, but I can kind of see where you’re coming from. That doesn’t mean I agree with you by any stretch, however.

To begin, when you say ‘religious’ you’re obviously referring to ‘Christian’ specifically as opposed to nyabinghi, ragas, etc. You can understand why Christian rock/pop/hip-hop is so attractive a vehicle to preach - let’s spread the word by tacking our beliefs onto a popular form of music in order to speak more directly to the young, the more impressionable. Trouble is a lot of it I’ve heard sounds really strained, false and (surprisingly) passionless - almost as if the sincerity of the message is lost in translation by using a ‘safe’ version of a musical style more adept at articulating lust, wanton excess and teenage rebellion. Of course there are exceptions to this: MxPx spring to mind, and there used to be this Christian punk band called Cephas who my old band shared a bill with many years ago who were really good (compare them to the likes of Delirious?, who I reckon inspire more conversations to Atheism than the other way round).

That said, this track is enough to convert anyone:

Link

Romanelli wrote:
I am not a religious man by any means. But gospel music is awesome

N’er a truer word said. In fact one listen to any of the following are why I could never agree with the OP’s opening gambit:

Like A Ship (Without A Sail) by Pastor ...rist Choir

There Is A God Somewhere by Andrew Wart...orytellers

Let Us Go Into The House Of The Lord by...ns Singers

and this rather splendid compy:

• Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 06/04/2018 14:26
  • Post subject:
sethmadsen wrote:
While Wagner was clearly a racist, Hitler distorted a lot of music of Germany to mean something different than it actually did.

Wagner lived in a period when the Germany was seeking unification. Their national anthem (still the one used today) had a starting verse that heralded "Deutschland über alles" - Germany above all else. It initially was a unification/brotherhood (similar to Beethoven's 9th) decree, but Hitler then perverted it to mean literally Germany above all else. That first verse has since been stricken from being performed. At that time, Germany technically wasn't a country and was made up of hundreds of "kingdoms", and unified in 1892 or something. Before it was the kingdom of Bavaria or Prussia, etc. and they really wanted to make a go of uniting in democracy/brotherhood, which since got perverted.

Wagner also had similar "German Brotherhood" themes in his writing and music, but it wasn't quite meant the same way Hitler perverted it to be... even if Wagner was clearly a racist (especially anti-semetic).

Yeah, that's what I figured.
  • Visit poster's website
YoungPunk

• Posted: 06/04/2018 22:02
JOSweetHeart wrote:
Even though I've been a country music fan since my first day on this planet, I actually agree with you here because there are singers on country radio who in my opinion shouldn't even be there in the first place because they either don't have enough singing talent or their music and singing isn't even country sounding to begin with.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. The following are who I wouldn't miss if they disappeared from radio no matter what station you find them on.

Dixie Chicks-Even before they trashed former president Bush and then acted like they were the only people who have the right to throw down their two pennies, I didn't go for them because to me their singing/music wasn't anything that stood out in the first place. If anything, if was sacrilegious. Their song named "Sin Wagon" is what sealed the deal for me when I first heard them sing at the 2000 CMA award show which was three years before their political tirade(s) ever once took place. By the way, is the lead girl still crying for her mama every two hours at night? I heard that one other song from them and she said in it that she made her bed and she sleeps like a baby.

Carrie Underwood-The first time that I heard her sing, "Sin Wagon" is what came out of her mouth. Even if a song I liked was done instead, she is too much of a screamer and her singing and music doesn't sound country to me.

Kacey Musgraves-Even if she and I did share the same views on certain things, her singing and music both are just boring. The only credit that I can give her is the fact that she can song write and she picked country music out of the other forms of music that there are, but if you want music with pep, walk the other way if you see her headed in your direction.

Kelsi Ballerini-She is too much of a teeny bobber and not all that country sounding either.

Maren Morris-She sounds too much like a folk copy of Kacey Musgraves and her first song on the radio named "My Church" for me was a major turn off for the same reason why I hate that one song from the Dixie Chicks. Just like Carrie Underwood, Maren doesn't know that first impressions are the most important.

Yeah Kacey Musgraves is so boring... The people that listen to critics like Pitchfork sure are missing out....
  • Visit poster's website