Best Films of The 70s (V2) [List]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
View previous topic :: View next topic
Olli

Germany

• Posted: 09/26/2023 21:42
  • Post subject:
i don't want a new thread, but i see here older threads, last Poll 2017 here and a list, named as:. Best Ever Early Cinema (Pre-1930) Surprised
  • Visit poster's website
MadhattanJack
I mean, metal is okay, but...

United States

• Posted: 09/26/2023 22:42
  • Post subject:
Olli wrote:
i don't want a new thread, but i see here older threads, last Poll 2017 here and a list, named as:. Best Ever Early Cinema (Pre-1930) Surprised

Ahh, that's what I get for not having been on BEA since it's inception (or at least much earlier than I was). I should have guessed that this had already been done, or at least looked it up before making assumptions.

Some good lists in there too, by the way! Very Happy
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 09/26/2023 23:13
  • Post subject:
Our 60s poll will open on October 8th, with a first-time subcategory for short films (max submission of 25, final list of 10).

(Will work out the kinks later)— could actually be very exciting. With the amount of shareable 50+ year-old short films available online for free, the thread could even turn into a little bit of a festival. Looking at my Letterboxd, I have at least a dozen I'd like to rec the forum.
  • Visit poster's website
CA Dreamin

United States

• Posted: 09/27/2023 02:18
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
Our 60s poll will open on October 8th, with a first-time subcategory for short films (max submission of 25, final list of 10).

(Will work out the kinks later)— could actually be very exciting. With the amount of shareable 50+ year-old short films available online for free, the thread could even turn into a little bit of a festival. Looking at my Letterboxd, I have at least a dozen I'd like to rec the forum.
Yay. Having just participated in a 60s poll, I feel decent on the features section, but I'm woefully behind on shorts. That'll be fun! (and yes there are kinks to work out come October 8th)
MadhattanJack wrote:
Olli wrote:
Ahh, that's what I get for not having been on BEA since it's inception (or at least much earlier than I was). I should have guessed that this had already been done, or at least looked it up before making assumptions.

Some good lists in there too, by the way! Very Happy
I assume we'll eventually get to a V2 of the 20s/Silent Era. A new thread will come along in due time. As for the old ones, BEA automatically inactivates threads that have been dormant for a while. However, if you wanted to post there again, I think a moderator can re-activate them. If not, AM could do it. Either way, it's doable by sending a PM (and I'm all for talking 1920s).
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 09/27/2023 15:21
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:

bet.
  • Visit poster's website
EyeKanFly
Head Bear Master/Galactic Emperor

United States

• Posted: 09/27/2023 16:16
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
With the amount of shareable 50+ year-old short films available online for free, the thread could even turn into a little bit of a festival. Looking at my Letterboxd, I have at least a dozen I'd like to rec the forum.

That'd be awesome, love that idea! I've got a lot to watch, but I know my 60s list will be more robust than my 70s, purely because of how more readily available 60s movies are than 70s.