Recognized Charts

View previous topic :: View next topic
gtroda

• Posted: 03/08/2013 19:50
  • Post subject: Recognized Charts
I suppose this is more a question than a suggestion but I still think it fits best here...

How do we increase the number of recognized charts?

From what I can tell there are 19 overall recognized charts (and some of those are getting a little old). There are no decade or yearly recognized charts from what I can determine.

I know there are a lot of industry publications that have released decade and yearly charts. Should we get some of these into the database?

I think it would be an interesting addition to the site to be able to compile some of those.

Also, depending on the publication, it may help increase the diversity of the site by adding certain types of albums like hip-hop, country, etc.

I'm happy to help with the inputting.
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 03/09/2013 10:46
  • Post subject:
no, there's not any published year/decade charts yet. I've no problem with new lists being added provided that are they not other aggregated lists & they need to be from well-known publications.

I did suggest previously to someone a mechanism for doing this, and that is for people to build them using their custom charts and then the source could be changed from the user to the publication that originally compiled it. e.g. build a custom chart titled 'XYZ's Best Albums of the 2000s' and then PM or post on the forums for the source to be changed to XYZ rather than the user that copied it. I could add a mechanism as well for people to change this themselves, but it doesn't exist at the moment.
  • Visit poster's website