10%
 10%  [4]
Total Votes : 39

revolver94
professional dilettante

United States

• Posted: 05/15/2013 03:14
  • Post subject: Vegetarian/vegan/meat/other
I'm sure this has been a topic before, but with the shifting users, it can't hurt to ask again.

What are your eating habits with regards to vegetarianism/veganism/pescetarianism/whatever you do, and why?

Personally, I'm a vegetarian for strictly ethical reasons. Miss meat a lot, but it's something to feel good about. Ideally I'd be a vegan, but that shit's hard.

Last.fm
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Defago
Your Most Favorite User

Peru

• Posted: 05/15/2013 03:26
  • Post subject:
I eat everything which crosses my path. Couldn't drop meat even if I wanted to, probably.
  • Visit poster's website
MrFrogger
Where am I

United States

• Posted: 05/15/2013 03:29
  • Post subject:
I'm also a vegetarian. I was raised vegetarian and since then have been continuing for ethical reasons as well.
  • Visit poster's website
Wombi

• Posted: 05/15/2013 03:30
  • Post subject:
Recently I decided to not eat any mammals...just because. So I guess I'm somewhere between a pescatarian and a pollotarian. Trying to live by the idea that you should only eat what you yourself would be willing to kill and since I've offed chickens, quail and guinea fowl before I figure that covers poultry for me. I've gone fishing....so yeah. I'd encourage everyone to live by this philosophy I guess. There's something very spiritual about killing your own meal...and you realise how unnatural buying meat wrapped in plastic from a supermarket is. Maybe one day I'll go fully vegetarian I dunno...the biggest pain is eating dinner at other people's houses since you know you're gonna be a pain in the butt. I'd never be vegan though since every vegan I've encountered has generally been a cunt.
junodog4
Future Grumpy Old Man

Canada

• Posted: 05/15/2013 03:39
  • Post subject:
I'm not vegetarian, but I respect it as a choice. I also think North Americans eat WAY too much meat. I'm so tired of the 'add bacon to everything' marketing campaigns.
Necharsian
Best Ever User

Canada

• Posted: 05/15/2013 04:16
  • Post subject:
Jhereko wrote:
Recently I decided to not eat any mammals...just because. So I guess I'm somewhere between a pescatarian and a pollotarian. Trying to live by the idea that you should only eat what you yourself would be willing to kill and since I've offed chickens, quail and guinea fowl before I figure that covers poultry for me. I've gone fishing....so yeah. I'd encourage everyone to live by this philosophy I guess. There's something very spiritual about killing your own meal...and you realise how unnatural buying meat wrapped in plastic from a supermarket is. Maybe one day I'll go fully vegetarian I dunno...the biggest pain is eating dinner at other people's houses since you know you're gonna be a pain in the butt. I'd never be vegan though since every vegan I've encountered has generally been a cunt.

ya no thanks ill gladly eat steak someone else kills and then ill think of how it used to be a living thing as the blood drips from my smiling lips.
  • Visit poster's website
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 05/15/2013 04:44
  • Post subject:
I'm a pescatarian. I was raised as a vegetarian, but sometimes I swing in and out and sometimes I'm a full on meat eater and I was briefly a vegan. Dieting is fun.

Anyway, to everyone here who says they do this shit for "ethical" reasons, I automatically think you're all a bunch of stupid pretentious tossers. For starters, it's been proven that flora have complex nervous systems and react to pain just as animals do, to isolate animals as the only things you refuse to be cruel to makes you a retard go learn biology peace the fuck out dumbasses.

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website
Wombi

• Posted: 05/15/2013 04:48
  • Post subject:
doing it because "you were raised to" is just as if not more retarded so go fuck a fish.
Jasonconfused
If We Make It We Can All Sit Back and Laugh

United States

• Posted: 05/15/2013 04:54
  • Post subject:
Jackwc wrote:
Anyway, to everyone here who says they do this shit for "ethical" reasons, I automatically think you're all a bunch of stupid pretentious tossers. For starters, it's been proven that flora have complex nervous systems and react to pain just as animals do, to isolate animals as the only things you refuse to be cruel to makes you a retard go learn biology peace the fuck out dumbasses.

This. This. This. Anyway, I'll eat anything that tastes good. Also, I'll try anything just short of shit at least once. Actually I take that back, I've eaten pig intestines before, so yea apparently I'll even try shit.
ptaylor1989

United States

• Posted: 05/15/2013 04:55
  • Post subject:
Jackwc wrote:
I'm a pescatarian. I was raised as a vegetarian, but sometimes I swing in and out and sometimes I'm a full on meat eater and I was briefly a vegan. Dieting is fun.

Also, until massive agricultural companies (e.g. Monsanto https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsanto) stop selling genetically crafted, crop-resistant seeds at hardly-sustainable costs, there is no such thing as an ethical vegetarian. Companies like Monsanto put hard-working farmers out of business leaving nothing but massive, government sponsored farms. The end result is a profit-driven monopoly and it's pathetic. The novel/expose of working conditions and state of the meat economy, The Jungle,should have been written about companies like this. Companies that wield immense power to sue and shut up anyone that stands in their way. Do your research, companies like Monsanto ensure no vegetarian is ethical. Unless you call destroying diversity in the marketplace ethical.

Just because your parents did it, doesn't make it ethical. The best solution is buying organic local products.

Last edited by ptaylor1989 on 05/15/2013 04:56; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website