Let's Discuss Slowcore

Goto page Previous  12
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Let's not and say we did ๐Ÿ˜‰
_________________
To each his reach but if I don't cop it ain't mine to have - George Clinton


My chart
http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=689
  • Quote
I don't know what the hell slowcore is, but it makes me think of Black Flag's "My War"; might as well check that out, just cos its so damn cool anyways.
  • Quote
purple wrote:
I don't know what the hell slowcore is, but it makes me think of Black Flag's "My War"; might as well check that out, just cos its so damn cool anyways.
You've got it wrong. What you're thinking of is sludge. Slowcore is like...take a Neutral Milk Hotel song, suck all of the fun, life and energy from it and replace all the lyrics with problems from your personal life and that's slowcore.

I don't see the appeal, either.
  • Quote

Link


What a crooner ! : )
  • Quote
HEX by Bark Psychosis from 1994.

A scaruffi 8/10 that is amazing. Not sure if it's technically Slowcore, I think it's actually "Post-Rock", but whatever. it is quite similar in tone and definitely worth checking out.
  • Quote
Thanks, Elston. I have American Music Club and Bark Psychosis on my wishlist. Have you heard any other Germano albums besides Geek the Girl? I've been meaning to explore beyond that one release.
  • Quote
joannajewsom wrote:
Have you heard any other Germano albums besides Geek the Girl? I've been meaning to explore beyond that one release.


Don't try the last, very disappointing (gets better the more you listen to it though). My favourite Germano albums, besides Geek the Girl, are Happiness (1994) and Excerpts From A Love Circus (1996). Lullaby for A Lquid Pig (2004), and In the Maybe World (2006) are very good too. You might also want to check out the record she made with Giant Sand. The "supergroup" is called OP8, and the album Slush (1997). Includes a great cover of Sand, and a version of I Think of Love that's better than Germano's solo version on Slide (1998), one of her weaker albums.
  • Quote
Excerpts From a Love Circus

oh and Happiness is surprisingly good.

Norman knows what he's talking 'bout.

But I'd definitely go with Excerpts. It's probably the first Germano record I'd recommend to people.
  • Quote

Link


my favorite of theirs

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  12
Page 2 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Let's Discuss Let's Rank Results 2 Puncture Repair Music
Let's Discuss Let's Rank Results Puncture Repair Music
CLOSED Let's Rank/Discuss Films 1: St... Guest Movies & TV
Best Folk/Singer-Songwriter/Slowcore ... AfterHours Music Diaries
Slowcore song recs Guest Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.