Jazz recommendations

Goto page Previous  1234
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
kidamnesiac wrote:
kind of blue a rock album?


I do not mean that it is a rock album ๐Ÿ˜„ , but someone HEARS it that way. When I heard for the first time a live Cream 1, I noticed the similarity of Ornette Coleman's plates. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
_________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNGpsnTCUXM
  • Quote
I'd recommend Sun Ra to anybody
  • Quote
RFNAPLES wrote:
Yeah reality often scares but the fact is there are many great jazz albums. I think a member with the name Blue Note can handle reality. Caveat emptor: That list is only a partial listing of great jazz albums!


๐Ÿ˜ฒ Are you kidding me? We're not giving a list of some fraction of the total number of great jazz albums! That's crazy! We're only giving a starting point here, by a few recommendations! This is not the place to list the 101 Jazz Albums You Must Hear Before You Die! And you probably listed more!


Last edited by Facetious on 05/12/2012 14:46; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
ATC wrote:
I'd recommend Sun Ra to anybody


Fave artist of mine from the jazz genre ๐Ÿ˜Ž Cool guy
  • Quote
Error Finn wrote:
I do not mean that it is a rock album ๐Ÿ˜„ , but someone HEARS it that way.


Probably the reason why it's in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's list of Definitive 200 Albums ๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • Quote
Eggman/Walrus/Taxman wrote:
:shock: Are you kidding me? We're not giving a list of some fraction of the total number of great jazz albums! That's crazy! We're only giving a starting point here, by a few recommendations! This is not the place to list the 101 Jazz Albums You Must Hear Before You Die! And you probably listed more!


Choose randomly from my list, you can't go wrong, if you like jazz.
_________________
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by RFNAPLES
Bubbling Under The Top 100 Greatest Music Albums, Part 1 by RFNAPLES
  • Quote
RFNAPLES wrote:
Choose randomly from my list, you can't go wrong, if you like jazz.


Alright.

Now can you please explain what Anthony Braxton is NOT doing on the list? Surely one album of his would make it to such a huge list? ๐Ÿ˜œ

It's just personal opinion, but long lists like yours usually include many overlooked albums too.

What about Sun Ra?

And you clearly didn't read the original post very carefully. BlueNote has already listened to some of these albums!
  • Quote
Eggman/Walrus/Taxman wrote:
Alright.

Now can you please explain what Anthony Braxton is NOT doing on the list? Surely one album of his would make it to such a huge list? ๐Ÿ˜œ

It's just personal opinion, but long lists like yours usually include many overlooked albums too.

What about Sun Ra?

And you clearly didn't read the original post very carefully. BlueNote has already listened to some of these albums!


I don't recommend Braxton or Sun Ra as a starting place for jazz, although you might try Atlantis - Sun Ra to see why.

Clearly I read the original post. I have faith that BlueNote can easily note the duplications in his list, the other recommendations and my list.

The problem with you Eggman/Walrus/Taxman is that you think you are the only authority on how one should respond on BEA. I haven't heard anybody but you complaining. Sorry I don't meet your expectations.
_________________
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by RFNAPLES
Bubbling Under The Top 100 Greatest Music Albums, Part 1 by RFNAPLES
  • Quote
Yet Unit Structures made it to your list? Oh wow.

๐Ÿคก Alright, I am wrong, you are right, the Universe was created from metal, telephones are not good for health, blah, blah, blah.
  • Quote
I picked up Moanin' this weekend. I haven't listed to it enough to offer an opinion yet.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1234
Page 4 of 4


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Jazz Recommendations From The Past Tw... thejoj96 Music
Recommendations for a jazz newbie shoopadoowop Music
Roxy Music Recommendations TheAstralPlane Music
Looking For Recommendations Guitar Al... glynspsa Music
Recommendations sticky? DarkSideOfTheComputer Suggestions

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.