Chart talk

Goto page Previous  123 ... 251252253 ... 424425426  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Goodsir wrote:
I'd recommend

In The Land Of Grey And Pink by Caravan
based on your fondness of 60s pop music and In the Court being on your chart.



Thanks man. I'll check them all out in the near future. Made a note.
  • Quote
Goodsir wrote:
I'd recommend

In The Land Of Grey And Pink by Caravan
based on your fondness of 60s pop music and In the Court being on your chart.


I approve. ๐Ÿ˜„
  • Quote
benpaco wrote:
Could use help with this chart idea I had, as I just don't have that international of a taste built up yet. If anyone knows any countries that aren't recommended and has recs, that'd be really appreciated.

http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=19654


I see there's no Italy.
Try Fabrizio De Andrรฉ, Luigi Tenco, Francesco De Gregori, Rino Gaetano, Francesco Guccini, Lucio Battisti: all pretty good songwriters. Lyrics are very important for their music, though.
I like more some italian prog rock bands, if you are a bit into the genre: Premiata Forneria Marconi, Le Orme, Area, Stormy Six. The first two are a deal if you're not too much into prog.
Ludovico Einaudi is a great italian contemporary composer / minimalist.
Italian rock bands who sing in english I'd personally recommend: Giardini di Mirรฒ (post rock, they've been very important for Italy), Sycamore Age (a recent discovery, you can find a good description on "The Mies and Pa" thread).
Another band pretty important for the italian rock scene are Afterhours.
I'm sure there are also great jazz players and composers but I don't know them too much right now.
  • Quote
I would include a bit of italian grunge:


Il Suicidio Dei Samurai by Verdena

and a bit of italian dream pop (they sing in english):


Ages by Girl With The Gun

and italian swing jazz:


Manouche E Dintorni by Maurizio Geri Swingtet
  • Quote
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Goodsir
Completely reworked my chart, and would appreciate some feedback. Constructive criticism is appreciated as much as a positive comment. ๐Ÿ˜„
  • Quote
The Emerald chart is back up again. I'll think up a new chart later. ๐Ÿ˜„

http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=19669
  • Quote
I've got decade charts up now, btw. They're unfinished, of course, but...
  • Quote
I'd like reccs based on my (unfinished/unrefined) chart.
_________________
Pipe Dreams is a virus...
  • Quote
karbutt wrote:
I'd like reccs based on my (unfinished/unrefined) chart.


these
  • Quote
My Top Albums of the 2010s is complete. The top 50 are what I consider the best of the decade so far (give or take a few) and the bottom 50 are albums I've had fun with in general but largely don't see as among the "best" albums. Over the course of the rest of the decade, I expect the latter half to shrink systematically until I am left with 100 "best" albums of the decade.

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 251252253 ... 424425426  Next
Page 252 of 426


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Talk Talk skelter54 Music
[ Poll ] CLOSED: PPNW - SF2: Talk Talk def. Ha... videoheadcleaner Tournaments
[ Poll ] Laughing Stock (Talk Talk) VS Neon Bi... Behrus58 Music
[ Poll ] CLOSED: PPNW - SF: Talk Talk def. The... videoheadcleaner Tournaments
Talk Talk, Music Machine 1966 ffudnebbuh Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.