Best first tracks off debut albums

Goto page Previous  1234
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
pearljammer13 wrote:
Yeah I forgot they had that limited cassette release. I guess Light Up Gold is their first album where anyone besides people close to their scene took any notice. Very anti-hipster of me to forget the underground debut.

Yeah, it's not half bad though. I saw them last week and they even performed a song from it.
  • Quote
Not as many in my collection as I thought there would be but these stand out for me...

The Jesus & Mary Chain - Just Like Honey
The Velvet Underground & Nico - Sunday Morning
The Cure - 10:15 Saturday Night
Pavement - Summer Babe
Specials - A Message To You Rudy
Sex Pistols - Holidays In The Sun
Leonard Cohen - Suzanne
The Stone Roses - I Wanna Be Adored
Lloyd Cole & The Commotions - Perfect Skin
R.E.M. - Radio Free Europe
The Damned - Neat Neat Neat
Orange Juice - Falling And Laughing
Pixies - Bone Machine
Joy Division - Disorder
The Doors - Break On Through
The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Foxy Lady
Elliott Smith - Roman Candle
Ride - Seagull
  • Quote
The State I Am In - Belle & Sebastian
Re-Hash - Gorillaz
_________________


Memo to myself:
Do the dumb things I gotta do
Touch the puppet head
  • Quote

Link

_________________


Memo to myself:
Do the dumb things I gotta do
Touch the puppet head
  • Quote
The Doors - Break on Through
Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath
Weezer - My Name is Jonas
Bush - Everything Zen
_________________
on such a winter's day
  • Quote
Purple Haze / The Jimi Hendrix Experience (Are You Experienced [US Version], 1967)
Good Times Bad Times / Led Zeppelin (Led Zeppelin, 1969)
Black Sabbath / Black Sabbath (Black Sabbath, 1970)
Do It Again / Steely Dan (Can't Buy a Thrill, 1972)
Our Lips Are Sealed / Go-Go's (Beauty and the Beat, 1981)
Runaway / Bon Jovi (Bon Jovi, 1984)
Welcome to the Jungle / Guns N' Roses (Appetite for Destruction, 1987)
No Such Thing / John Mayer (Room for Squares, 2001)
  • Quote
the Beatles: I saw her standing there
Pink Floyd: Astronomy Domine
REM: Radio free Europe
Oasis: Rock'n'roll star
AC/DC: It's a long way to the top...
Led Zeppelin: Good times, bad times
Kate Bush: Moving
Jimi Hendrix: Purple Haze
the Velvet Underground: Sunday morning


Debating the greatness of these songs would be a waste of time.
  • Quote
davidhuret wrote:
the Beatles: I saw her standing there
REM: Radio free Europe
Debating the greatness of these songs would be a waste of time.


Forgot about these two. Yes they are incredible.

Also forgot

Duran Duran's, Girls on Film
3eb's Losing a Whole Year
Collective Soul's, Shine
The Bravery's, Honest Mistake
_________________
on such a winter's day

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1234
Page 4 of 4


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
List of top tracks - Exclude tracks f... hoomantc Suggestions
Top Ten Side Tracks? (B-Tracks) Guest Music
Best Debut Albums RoundTheBend Music
Best debut albums Bork Music
Best Tracks from your Best Albums luis Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.