Most Challenging Albums to Listen to?

Goto page Previous  1234  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Every album from the Oak Ridge Boys that my favorite member is a part of for me is a challenge to listen to with him not being here anymore...I love my late beautiful precious Steve Sanders so much.

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly

P.S. I cried a few hours ago listening to him sing "Baby, You'll Be My Baby".....I missed so much. ๐Ÿ˜ข ๐Ÿ˜ข ๐Ÿ˜ข
_________________
Me & my favorite singer James Otto

Check him out here when you can!
  • Quote
AfterHours wrote:
I think a better, revised question would be "Most Challenging Albums that are also AMAZING?"

Otherwise, there are plenty of boring U2, Adele, Taylor Swift, etc, releases that could be misconstrued as "challenging music" just because they are so trivial and difficult to listen to all the way through.

So here is a top 10 of sorts, based on the above "revised question"...


Yes, I agree that it should be challenging, but rewarding.

Quote:
Is your name in reference to that agt contestant, chiefrocca?




Was there an America's Got Talent contestant called that? What was the act?

No, my last name is Mirocke, pronounced like myrrh-rock. So, growing up I had a lot of nicknames revolving around "rock".

A "Chief Rocka" is "The main man, the head honcho, the number one guy." based on this song by the hip hop group Lords of The Underground. So, it's a pun and a nickname in one.


Link
  • Quote
Alll of these are albums that made me say "I don't know if I could sit through this entire album without committing suicide and/ or going on a shooting spree". These albums are the very definition of the word TEDIOUS. They qualify as torture devices.


Metal Machine Music by Lou Reed


69 Love Songs by The Magnetic Fields


Ys by Joanna Newsom
  • Quote
bobbyb5 wrote:
Alll of these are albums that made me say "I don't know if I could sit through this entire album without committing suicide and/ or going on a shooting spree". These albums are the very definition of the word TEDIOUS. They qualify as torture devices.


Metal Machine Music by Lou Reed


69 Love Songs by The Magnetic Fields


Ys by Joanna Newsom


Couldn't agree more about Joana Newsom album. Her voice should be used as a torture device. I actually listened to the whole album, as I have been determined to listen to the Top 1000 of BEA's Overall Chart. It was excruciating. I did other things with it on quietly in the background and though I didn't wat to commit a mass murder, like you, I felt like jumping out the window lol. It was painful. Why am I so OCD that I didn't turn it off? I had to tick off that I listened to it.
  • Quote
i'll say it again. worth getting to know better.


Platform by Holly Herndon
_________________
follow me on the bandcamp.
  • Quote
I liked 69 Love Songs, Platform and Ys on first listen. They are hardly in the same category as Trout Mask Replica. I think some people are confusing 'challenging' for 'I just don't like this'.
_________________
http://distranscontinuum.blogspot.co.uk/
  • Quote
This on the other hand, is challenging:


Movement by Holly Herndon
_________________
http://distranscontinuum.blogspot.co.uk/
  • Quote
I almost said 69 Love Songs but my reasoning was going to be that it's amazing and I rarely have 3 straight hours where I can fully focus on it. I don't like listening to it one disc at a time because I think it works best with all 69 songs in succession. It's the perfect album for a three hour drive and calling one of the most beautiful, varied, heartbreaking, and magical albums of all time a torture device is more torture to me than any album could ever inflict.
_________________
And it's hard to be a human being. And it's harder as anything else.
  • Quote

Ascension by John Coltrane


Flowers Of Romance by Public Image Ltd.

And this one kills me for some reason...


New York Tendaberry by Laura Nyro
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote

Ys by Joanna Newsom

bobbyb5 wrote:
Alll of these are albums that made me say "I don't know if I could sit through this entire album without committing suicide and/ or going on a shooting spree". These albums are the very definition of the word TEDIOUS. They qualify as torture devices.


Quote:
Couldn't agree more about Joana Newsom album. Her voice should be used as a torture device. I actually listened to the whole album, as I have been determined to listen to the Top 1000 of BEA's Overall Chart. It was excruciating. I did other things with it on quietly in the background and though I didn't wat to commit a mass murder, like you, I felt like jumping out the window lol. It was painful. Why am I so OCD that I didn't turn it off? I had to tick off that I listened to it.


Hayden circa youngin' days wrote:
This is an album that I could say some days is amazing, and some days I couldn't even listen to it. Really weird. I might need to listen to it 3-4 times before I understand it, but for now, it's 65/100.

_________________
Doubles & Conch

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1234  Next
Page 2 of 4


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Challenging= Awarding quincytejani Music
Why is most music we listen to from j... Defago Music
ISO advice, a way to listen to albums... CA Dreamin Music
Order you have to listen to the album... Guest Music
Albums which you have to listen to th... rayword45 Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.