Albums You Added To Your Collection Today

Goto page Previous  123 ... 403404405 ... 494495496  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Jimmy Dread wrote:
Record fair this AM. All UK first presses and all a fiver each:


...To Be Continued by Isaac Hayes


Roots by Curtis Mayfield


From The Lion's Mouth by The Sound


Bandwagonesque by Teenage Fanclub

2nd copy - bought to upgrade the sleeve. Bastardised spare now on Discogs.


Music Of The Skies by Tim Green ('80s)

Obscure folky private press which is going for £130+ on-line. Bought on a whim despite fact it looked like someone had taken a nibble out of the sleeve.

Also picked up from some German on-line outfit:


Construção by Chico Buarque

Recent reissue.


I love the Lion's Mouth album by The Sound. I discovered it on BEA.
The others I'll have to check out.
Especially the Isaac and Curtis albums.
  • Quote
Ah man, if you wanna post me Roots, I'm all for it. Second best Curtis album in a dope discography.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Skinny wrote:
Ah man, if you wanna post me Roots, I'm all for it. Second best Curtis album in a dope discography.


I’ll leave you Curtis, Roots, Superfly, Back To The World and There’s No Place Like America Today in my will.
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote
Jimmy Dread wrote:
Nope, Guildford. There’s a chap who’s there every two months who’s always got a load of bargains. Rockabilly Derek’s there too with his crisp boxes loaded to the gunnels - he’s normally on the right as you walk in to the Twickenham one. A few of the sellers also sell at the Twickenham Fair.


Yeh, I know Derek. Haven’t been to the Guildford one in ages. Did you check out ben’s as well. You have to trawl through a mass of stuff but he quite often has a few gems at good prices.
  • Quote
Picked up at eel pie in twickenham


I Put A Spell On You by Nina Simone


There Are But Four Small Faces by Small Faces
  • Quote

Fully Qualified Survivor by Michael Chapman

Replacing the cd version that I already had with a nice vinyl copy. Not bought today but thought that I’d share part of the sticker on the cover.

“The perfect album for a lazy day and a joint”. Oh, go on then!
  • Quote
Johnnyo wrote:
Did you check out ben’s as well. You have to trawl through a mass of stuff but he quite often has a few gems at good prices.


I've been popping into Ben's for over 20 years on-and-off. I've got a real love-hate relationship with that shop - the vast majority of this stock is pap of the highest order, and Ben himself fleeced his old employer (at the Collector's Record Centre down by the bus station) by buying collections in and keeping all the good stuff for himself in his old job before he opened up himself. The guy's over-friendly to the point of being sycophantic, and immediately calls dealers to sell the good stuff to if ever someone brings in any pearlers. The offers he makes on buying in second hand are also derisory (to the point I actually gazumped him when some bloke brought in an immaculate copy of Ask Me No Questions by Bridget St. John he only offered £2 on). The difference now is that he's started allowing 3rd party sellers to come in and peddle their wares in his shop, which has seen an improvement of late, but it still doesn't get away from the fact that it's still cramped, has well over the permitted copies of No Parlez in the racks to remain credible, and is run by some bloke whose business model is built not on his customers, but on his links to dealers. I've found the odd thing in the there over the years, but very little recently.
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote

Innervisions by Stevie Wonder

vinyl £12.99 in HMV
couldn't resist
  • Quote
Stover75 wrote:

Innervisions by Stevie Wonder

vinyl £12.99 in HMV
couldn't resist


Got an original Songs In the Key Of Life going for £5 if you want it!
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote

No Need To Argue by The Cranberries


Cookie: The Anthropological Mixtape by Me'shell Ndegeocello

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 403404405 ... 494495496  Next
Page 404 of 496


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Singles / EPs You Added To Your Colle... baystateoftheart Music
Albums You Purged From Your Collectio... Jimmy Dread Music
Singles and / or Album Tracks Added T... LTSings Music
Films added to your collection nutso42 Movies & TV

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.