Album of the day (#3640): Perfect From Now On

Goto page 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Today's album of the day

Perfect From Now On by Built To Spill (View album | Buy this album)

Year: 1997.
Country:
Overall rank: 306
Average rating: 84/100 (from 522 votes).



Tracks:
1. Randy Described Eternity
2. I Would Hurt A Fly
3. Stop The Show
4. Made-Up Dreams
5. Velvet Waltz
6. Out Of Site
7. Kicked It In The Sun
8. Untrustable/Part 2 (About Someone Else)

About album of the day: The BestEverAlbums.com album of the day is the album appearing most prominently in member charts in the previous 24 hours. If an album, or artist, has previously been selected within a x day period, the next highest album is picked instead (and so on) to ensure a bit of variety. A full history of album of the day can be viewed here.
  • Quote
The best.
_________________
Overall chart
Fake overall chart

2020s
  • Quote
s'pretty good.
_________________
My Top 100 :
www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=4...amp;page=1

My music:
- www.hyperfollow.com/dommedamian
  • Quote
i like the guitar parts.
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
and for a time they were indeed, perfect from now on
  • Quote
Nothing but respect for MY BTS.

Track picks
1. Randy Described Eternity
2. I Would Hurt A Fly
4. Made-Up Dreams
8. Untrustable/Part 2 (About Someone Else)
_________________
Inversion Verses
https://thesplitinfinitives1.bandcamp.com/album/inversion-verses
  • Quote
One of the best indie rock bands of their time, along with Pavement and The Flaming Lips and Yo La Tengo. I prefer both the album that came before this and the one after it, both of which are less proggy, but this is quite a feat also. I understand why this one is considered their best by most, but I respectfully disagree.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Not sure I'd call this one proggy as much as I would very jammy in specific 2nd wave post rock-y type of way (those middle sections in the longer tracks feel a little crescendo-corey too me) but yeah this one's a feat. I think I love there's nothing wrong with love a little more (there's a sentimentality to stuff like Twin Falls Idaho and a humor to that one that I love, look for the record with me on the cover!!!) but this has its fingerprints everywhere over indie for the next twenty years. Plus it's just damn good.
  • Quote
This one has the Midwest Emo shtick, jammy and slightly post rock too. Not sure I see any clear prog influences here, but I understand what Skinny meant. Longer songs, slightly more polished production. And has the best guitar sound ever on an indie album. Cleans are very Midwest Emo inspired, and the distorted parts are just glorious. Anyways this is my favourite BTS, very closely followed by Keep it Like a Secret. What a band.

Favs are Out of Site, Randy Described Eternity and Kicked it in the Sun. Untrustable is the weakest song imo, itโ€™s excellent but slightly less so than the rest.
_________________
Overall chart
Fake overall chart

2020s
  • Quote
because I have terrible taste that doesn't fit in, I actually like this album 10x more:


Ancient Melodies Of The Future by Built To Spill

But this one is good. But not great in my book like the album above.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 12  Next
Page 1 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: Release Day Eve Repo Music
[ Poll ] Perfect From Now On V The 13th Floor ... alelsupreme Tournaments
[ Poll ] CLOSED- 2018 BTT- Wish Me Well vs Now... cestuneblague Tournaments
World album of the day (#176): The Pe... albummaster Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.