My discoveries per year

Goto page Previous  123 ... 193194195
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
  • โค๏ธ Repo
These are two albums of 1982 I listened to:

First an album I already own/know:

Album - Generic Flipper (1982) by Flipper
There's not a lot of musicality in this album but it's one of those infamous albums I really cherish. It's punk but not fast but in a way the flow of about all the tracks just maintains a certain kind of tension throughout the whole album. Shed No Tears, (I Saw You) Shine and Sex Bomb are my personal favorites but the the whole album is a classic and it remains firmly a the 10th rank of 1982.

And an album from my wishlist:

Mummy Your Not Watching Me (1982) by Television Personalities
Also a band which is easy to hate and the naiveness in which these tracks are delivered is at first view enough to just dismiss it. But when you dig deeper there's something that keeps your attention throughout the whole album. Adventure Playground is the best track but overall this is a good album which lands at the 40th rank.
  • Quote
Two albums of 1983 I listened to:

First an album I already own/know:

Eliminator (1983) by ZZ Top
This album is a bit more commercial than the previous ZZ Top albums but I like it as there is a real rock'n roll drive to tracks like Gimme All Your Lovin' and Sharp Dressed Man and many more tracks. It moves up from the 49th to the 40th rank.

And an album from my wishlist:

Undercover (1983) by The Rolling Stones
An album which went a bit under my radar while I suppose there isn't a Stones album that doesn't deserve to be in my charts and this is also the case for this one. Undercover Of The Night already starts in a good funky style and She Was Hot has a bit the same style of She' So Cold (only hotter ๐Ÿ˜‰ ).Other highlights are Wanna Hold You and Too Tough and there are certainly a few misses here but overall I fairly like this album which moves to the 31st rank.
  • Quote
Two albums of 1984 I listened to:

First an album I already own/know:

Learning To Crawl (1984) by Pretenders
The 3rd album by Pretenders and released after a number of new people joined the band because of drug related deaths. And it's clear the Chrissie Hynde has found a new breath here. The songs sound very inspired especially at the start of the album. The Middle Of The Road is to me one of their best tracks and also Back On The Chain Gang, Time The Avenger and Show Me belong to the best they ever did. Even the two slows, Thin Line Between Love And Hate and 2000 Miles I used to consider as rather cheesy are not that bad at all in hindsight. All in all a very good album which goes from the 34th to the 9th rank of the year 1984.

And an album from my wishlist:

The Big Express (1984) by XTC
A fairly good album but this good English band with Wake Up, All The Pretty Girls and This World Over as the best tracks. Not their best but overall fairly good and it enters my year chart at the 36th rank.
  • Quote
Two albums of 1985 I listened to:

First an album I already own/know:

Hounds Of Love (1985) by Kate Bush
The hits, Running Up That Hill and Cloudbusting, are great on this album but especially towards the end, the songs become a bit too experimental (read: boring) to me and only a foreboding of the ones to come. Of course her voice remains great, but to me this is certainly not her best album and it moves up from the 46th to the 42nd rank of the year.

And an album from my wishlist:

Bonded By Blood (1985) by Exodus (US)
I know a few of their more recent albums but much to my shame I had never listened to this first (and supposed to be best) album of theirs which claims to be one of the first trash albums to be recorded but at its release was already surpassed by the other great trash bands with of course Metallica at the lead.
I fairly liked the album, its fast and the guitar sounds great but the voice of the singer is not really my thing. The best track to me is Metal Command and the album enters my year chart at the 30th rank.

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 193194195
Page 195 of 195


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: Year Change Notices baystateoftheart Music
A board for your recent discoveries Spyglass Music
Radio killed the Video star (favorite... RoundTheBend Music
Favorite BEA discoveries, all time Listmeister Music
Only 10 posts/albums per page? HigherThanTheSun Suggestions

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.