Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic
Mercury
Turn your back on the pay-you-back last call

United States

• Posted: 08/31/2015 20:19
  • Post subject:
meccalecca wrote:
This has been the best season for a Mets fan in a very long time, and there's no reason to think they won't be a force for many more years with this ridiculous pitching rotation + closer combo.

I've impressed with the Cards ability to maintain a lead in the central despite all the injuries and the fact that the Pirates and Cubs have been as good as they've been. It's gonna be a dogfight between those 3 teams for the foreseeable future.

And as much as the Dodgers 1-2 of Kershaw and Greinke is scary, I'm still glad the Mets are in line to take on LA in the playoffs rather than any of those well-rounded Central division teams

Yeah I've likewise been impressed with the mets. And the dodgers are so up and down. They have undoubtedly the best 1-2 in the game and maybe the best I remember seeing since idk maybe the 2001 Diamondbacks with Johnson and Schilling. Yeah they're studs. But their offense and bullpen and the rest of their line up not so great. I'd be, strangely, rooting for the mets in that series if it comes to pass.

And yeah the Central is just super stacked. The Pirates and Cubs, though bums lol, are really good teams. Part of me would absolutely love to see a Cards-Cubs NLDS, and path of me realizes they would be the most inspired and upset-waiting-to-happen type of young team that could drop us. But yeah, really great div.

I'm sad for the Angels. I really love and adore Pujols and Trout and I want them to do well but they don't have enough.

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Visit poster's website
Necharsian
Best Ever User

Canada

• Posted: 08/31/2015 20:29
  • Post subject:
All aboard the Blue Jays train.

Never been too keen on baseball for the most part, but jeez now ive been checking scores at a furious pace these past few months. Still dont know much but the Jays are going all the way right? RIGHT
  • Visit poster's website
RockyRaccoon
Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me?

United States

• Posted: 08/31/2015 20:51
  • Post subject:
Being an Orioles fan has been pretty rough the last month.

We're just going into a free fall and I don't see us getting out of it anytime soon. But who knows, it's baseball, crazier things have happened.

Early Psychedelic Rock

Electronic Chart
  • Visit poster's website
meccalecca
Voice of Reason

United States

• Posted: 08/31/2015 20:56
  • Post subject:
RockyRaccoon wrote:
Being an Orioles fan has been pretty rough the last month.

We're just going into a free fall and I don't see us getting out of it anytime soon. But who knows, it's baseball, crazier things have happened.

Baltimore needs to find some pitching in the offseason, but as long as they have Jones and Machado they should be competitive.
  • Visit poster's website
Mercury
Turn your back on the pay-you-back last call

United States

• Posted: 08/31/2015 21:03
  • Post subject:
Yes, nech, the Bkue Jays could def go all the way. They have look positively INSANE in their dominance this last month. I doubt they'll keep up such dominance however. KC vs Toronto would be MUST SEE TV.

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Visit poster's website
meccalecca
Voice of Reason

United States

• Posted: 10/16/2015 14:51
  • Post subject:
This has been my favorite post-season in a long time, and not just because the Mets just beat the Dodgers!!!

Three exciting game 5s, that Cubs-Pirates WC game, and the endless supply of power in the Cubs-Cards series, plus the Mets getting the ultimate revenge after Utley broke their shortstop's leg.

Love the prospect of the Jays-Royals series. Explosive talent and power vs the most fundamentally sound baseball team. I love the Royals for the way they play baseball. It's more old school team oriented baseball and less dependent on one or 2 guys carrying the team. But Toronto essentially has to win it this year or else, and seem to have the fire to take it. I give Toronto the edge, beating KC in 6 games by taking advantage of KC's starting pitching.

The Cubs-Mets series is just mindblowing. Everyone thought these teams would be great in the future, but no one thought the'd be battling in the NLCS this year. It's the future of hitting (cubs) vs the future of pitching (mets). I have an obvious bias, but since great pitching beats great hitting, I believe the Mets have the edge. Arrieta is obviously amazing, but considering the Mets just won a series in which Kershaw and Greinke pitched 4 out of 5 games and pitched as well as you'd expect, the Cubs rotation seems like a much easier group to beat. The Cubs have that big time power and Wrigley can help that too. I give this to the Mets in 7 games due to home field advantage and the ridiculous Mets pitching.

Mets beat Jays in 5. RA Dickey provides Toronto's only win.

Wilmer Flores wins WS MVP
  • Visit poster's website