NBA Season 2015-2016

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
View previous topic :: View next topic
Mercury
Turn your back on the pay-you-back last call

United States

• Posted: 07/07/2016 17:05
  • Post subject:
I agree with Allabaster. I have no problem with Durant's decision. I would have made the same choice in his shoes. Absolutist commentators like Stephen a and Charles Barkley are mostly annoying when they make grand statements abouts Durant's decision. None of us, factually speaking, understand exactly what made him choose the Warriors. But I know if I'm a basketball player who is a shooter who has gotten double teamed defensively for almost a decade, I'm going to look at it logically and think how I can avoid that annoying basketball existence. Joining 2 of the other best shooters ever helps as a player. Throwing a bunch of fan-speak in is interesting but in the end silly.

Super teams are fun too. Imo anyway.

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Visit poster's website
RockyRaccoon
Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me?

United States

• Posted: 07/07/2016 20:17
  • Post subject:
I just personally have a disdain for people who are obviously ring-chasing.

Getting an NBA Championship takes time and it requires sacrifice and hard work. Jumping onto an already good team just to ride their coattails into a championship is, to me, lazy and something I can't stand.

Early Psychedelic Rock

Electronic Chart
  • Visit poster's website
Mercury

United States

• Posted: 07/07/2016 20:27
  • Post subject:
Well if they end up winning a championship with Dutant being the best player then he won't be riding the coat tails. Rather it will be Durant being the man who pushes Warriors past the Cavs (probably) and the whole entire narrative changes. We shall see.

But, again, when you have a whole generation of people basing entire arguments of quality of career on "RINGSSSSSSSS" then it's not hard to understand that players feel they need to win championships to get these moronic average NBA fans to shut up their obnoxious, logic-free banter. And on almost every level going to the Warriors was a good move - basketball-wise, business-wise, and also he had good relations with some of the GSW players. It's a decision I think many if not most of us would have made. I was hoping he'd go to Boston. But GS was my second choice.

• Visit poster's website
junodog4
Future Grumpy Old Man

Canada

• Posted: 10/07/2016 16:29
  • Post subject:
Anyone up for predictions for the new season?

EAST

1. Cleveland - Might have complacency, but it's essentially the championship lineup returning.
2. Toronto - No Biyombo really sucks. Otherwise, this team will improve with health, but be unable to top Cleveland again.
3. Washington - Best of a weak SE division.
4. Pacers - Adding Teague helps. Healthy George is scary.
5. Boston - Will give Raptors a run for their money. Horford is a great add.
6. Bulls - Not sure if I like their moves, but there's a lot of old talent.
7. Atlanta- Flawed lineup, but much of the East is still weak.
8. Detroit - Up and coming.

9. Knicks - Sorry boys. Still not enough, but better.
10. Charlotte - I just don't like how this team is made up.
11. Orlando - Gave up too much for Ibaka, and while I love Biyombo, he'll fall back.
12. Milwuakke - Another close, but not quite team.

13. Miami - No Bosh, no Wade... Long season.
14. Philly - Better, but still bad.
15. Brooklyn - Stinky.

Honestly, 6-12 is a toss-up.

WEST

1. Golden State - Really? Anyone else even close?
2. San Antonio - Envy of the NBA. Model franchise.
3. Portland - Shocked NBA last year, no surprises this year, but lucky that NW is weak.
4. Clippers - Last chance for success with this lineup.
5. Utah - My darkhorse team.
6. OKC - No Durant hurts, but I like Oladipo.
7. Dallas - Last year for Dirk?
8. NO - Big 'if'. Injuries?

9. Houston - If only Harden played D.
10. Memphis - Old school ball falls short this year.
11. Minnesota - Getting there... Now if Wiggins would dig deeper...

12. Sacremento - Wasting Boogie.
13. Denver - Rebuild already.
14. Phoenix - What direction are they going in?
15. Lakers - Worth watching just to laugh at Nick Young.

Playoffs

EAST

Cle over NYK
Tor over Atl
Chi over Was
Ind over Bos

Cle over Chi
Tor over Ind

Cle over Tor

WEST

GS over NO
SA over Dal
OKC over Por
LAC over Uta

GS over OKC
LAC over SA

GS over LAC

FINALS

GS over Cle (Creative. I know)
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 10/07/2016 17:34
  • Post subject:
West

1. Golden State (barring injury this could be the league's first 80 win team. How do you draw a credible defensive strategy against the team? Ego clash may be deadly but clearly the by-and-large favorite)
2. San Antonio (Will be weird without Duncan but they're set for years to come. Interior defense is only potential weakness but they'll find an answer sometime during the season, only legitimate threat against star-heavy Warriors)
3. LA Clippers (If they stay healthy, they'll contend. Probably their last hurrah with the lineup, so there's motivation. Or they'll just punch a bunch of ballboys and destroy their season. Who knows)
4. Portland (It's a BIGGG dropoff after these three teams. They were good last year and should be even better this year with one of the league's best guard combo, but perhaps not enough depth to be a real contender)
5. OKC (Oh my schaudenfraude with Oklahoma City will always run deep. Still solid but now just a mid-level contender sans Durant. Westbrook will have to be a combination of Michael Jordan and Dr. Manhattan for them to be a legitimate finals contender, and Oladipo is largely a poor man's Westbrook at the 2 so I don't see them meshing too well. Still should win enough to perhaps see Golden State in the semis).
6. Utah (Should be primed for a breakout, especially if Exum comes back in full strength)
7. Memphis (Health is the main concern, but strong lineup (though Conley is no 150-million-dollar man) that could exceed expectations)
8. Dallas (another bubble year when they really just need to be awful and start the rebuilding process)

9. Houston (Lost too much, going to need a superman performance from Harden to get back to the playoffs)
10. Minnesotta (they're getting closer but likely won't make it this year. If Wiggins becomes the star he was originally envisioned and Towns is even better this year, they might have a chance at an 8 seed)
11. New Orleans (there's talent but doubt it will mesh well or stay healthy throughout the season)
12. Denver (If Gallinari stays healthy and they find a way to play their bajillion guards, they might have a remote playoff oppurtunity. Likely just another year to get their youngsters playing time instead of seriously contending)
13. Sacramento (Basketball's greatest trainwreck will have another monster year from Boogie and nobody else)
14. Phoenix (they got some talent this year. Won't put it too good use as they're a pretty dysfunctional bunch at this point.)
15. Lakers (Another losing season, but they're laying a foundation. Odd to see the Lakers be near the bottom four years straight)

East

1. Cleveland (Another year, another Lebron James finals. Will another eastern conf. contender please stand up? Cleaveland has it's vulnerabilities but lack of competition will help 'em cruise to the finals)
2. Toronto (I think they slightly regressed this offseason rather than gained, but are still good enough to get the priviledge of losing to Lebron again in the conference finals)
3. Boston (Pretty much one key piece away from being a serious obstacle to Cleveland. Hofford was a great pick-up, still need more help at the forward position and defense)
4. Pacers (With George healthy and their young players improving they may have a deep run this year)
5. New York (They will either be a tour de force or a complete self-imposed atom bomb, should be fun to watch nonetheless and they have a good chance admist a weak east)
6. Detroit (Again, they're getting there, still another year or so from serious contention)
7. Atlanta (Regressed in the past couple of years, but still some solid pieces for at least a lower seed. Howard is the biggest achilles heal)
8. Washington (health is the key. While the KD2DC was always a longshot, a healthy and improved Beal will help them take a big step up from last year)

9. Charlotte (Regressed from last year, and likely won't be a contender unless some eastern teams fall apart, but still some solid talent that will at least keep them competitive)
10. Orlando (Ibaka should do well there, but they need their young talent to improve noticeably for them to make it back to the playoffs, with Vucevic and Hezonja the main wild cards)
11. Chicago (I don't see Rondo, Butler and Wade meshing very well. Could be wrong, but at best their a borderline playoff team)
12. Milwaulkee (Injuries are already coming in. A lot of talent but no sense of cohesion at this point. Atonakempo... you know his name will have to have a Durant-esque year for them to be competitive)
13. Miami (Whiteside buyer's remorse)
14. Brooklyn (Roster's a mess and no hope for the future with that cancerous Pierce/KG trade slowly destroying their franchise's near future. Lin and Lopez should score points, but when you're relying on Anthony Bennett for significant minutes you have a BIG problem.
15. Philedalphia (Simmons is already out for at least several months. Hello top 4-at-least pick next year!)

So yeah basically San Antonio/Clippers-Golden State in the west finals, Cleveland-Toronto (possibly Indiana/Boston? sorry canadian friends) in the East. And it will likely be another Warriors-Cavaliers finals, #dealwithit. Although again hoping against many many odds for a New York/San Antonio finals. That would be fun.
  • Visit poster's website
MrFrogger
Where am I

United States

• Posted: 10/10/2016 04:15
  • Post subject:
EAST

1. Cleveland - Almost the same team, should get a similar result
2. Toronto - Their players are starting to develop, but they've really failed to develop a solid front court, which is what they'll need if they ever want to beat Cleveland

3. Pacers - Should be an all around solid year for them.
4. Boston - Did great in the offseason, this franchise has big aspirations
5. Milwuakke - Eastern Conference Underdog? They got some solid pickups, lets see if they mesh well.

6. Detroit - Got some solid talent in Jackson, another up and coming franchise
7. Bulls - These guys need to trade Butler and start rebuilding already. Their current glued-together lineup with Butler, Rondo and Wade is strange to say the least, and I doubt they'll create enough of a team to make it to the Conference Finals

8. Knicks -Same boat as the Bulls, they need to get rid of Derrick Rose and try to actually develop some talent instead of buying washed up MVP's
9. Washington - Wall continues to be surrounded by scrubs
1o. Atlanta- They got Dwight Howard, but I don't see these guys going anywhere.

10. Charlotte - Similar team as last year, though if the Bulls and Knicks play decent these guys might miss the playoffs this year.
13. Miami - Time to rebuild
11. Orlando - Terrible offseason, better luck next year.

14. Philly - Expect another sad year.
15. Brooklyn - Lin should improve their record a bit if he and Brooks play together well.

WEST

1. Golden State - obv
2. San Antonio - Expect this to be the year of Kawai. Well, hopefully.
3. Portland - Solid additions, Lillard might try to make the push for MVP this year.
4. OKC - Westbrook will throw up the best numbers in his career, but don't expect them to go to the Western Conference Finals. Thunder should trade Westbrook before he leaves them cold like Durant did and start a serious rebuild already.

5. Houston - Harden should do better all around this year, if he actually plays solid D like he says he might then they could make a solid playoff run
6. Utah -Solid development. Expect to see more of them in coming years.
7. Clippers - Little hope in this team, expect to see the Big 3 start to leave Lob City once their contracts are up.
18. Minnesota - My favorite up and coming team. Though they might not be there now, the Timberwolves have some of the best up and coming talent on their roster.

9. Dallas - No clue what they're trying to do
10. Memphis - Another disappointing year.
11. Denver - Some solid drafted talent, they just need development.
12. Phoenix - No clue what they're doing
13 NO - Another year of wasted talent in Anthony Davis
14. Sacremento - Same as above, poor Boogie
15. Lakers - Nope
  • Visit poster's website
MrFrogger
Where am I

United States

• Posted: 12/25/2016 22:18
  • Post subject:
The NBA should just hand Cleveland another championship if the calls are going to be as bullshit and one sided as they were in the game today (and games 4-6 of the finals).

(See: Richard Jefferson pushing KD down on the final play, Lebron not getting a taunting tech for flailing on the fucking rim like a madman when one had already been called for just a stare, Green getting his second foul on fucking nothing and then getting T'd up, still no T on Lebron, etc).
  • Visit poster's website
Mercury

United States

• Posted: 04/23/2017 03:00
  • Post subject:
This fudgin Memphis vs San Antonio game is INSANE! One of the best games I've seen in awhile. Conley... kawhi... both other worldly then making mistakes back and forth over and over.

• Visit poster's website
Mercury

United States

• Posted: 04/23/2017 03:12
  • Post subject:
And that ending was poetic. Baby Gasol still has it.

• Visit poster's website