I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 05/07/2024 20:17
  • Post subject:

Spleen And Ideal by Dead Can Dance

April 24, 2024

◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈ ◈◈◈◈◈

Quote:
This record starts incredibly suspenseful and I love it. This is a quintessential neoclassical darkwave album. If you told me to imagine was neoclassical darkwave sounded like before I heard it, I’d imagine the sound of this record. The soundscape is wide and the synths are very emotive. The bass lines are quite underrated. What a masterful album.

Rating: 94/100
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 05/07/2024 20:18
  • Post subject:

永遠の愛 [Everlasting Love] by t e ...能力者

Quote:
I REALLY enjoyed this t e l e p a t h album. I think the album cover is also perfect. Sounds like an ambient sweet hotel dream. It’s fairly long, clocking in at 100 minutes. But it’s pretty immersive and the sample choices are rather interesting. Excellent ambient music that is also free to download!

Rating: 93/100
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 05/07/2024 20:19
  • Post subject:

Master Of Puppets by Metallica

April 25, 2024

Quote:
This album is great and I certainly won’t deny it’s acclaim and place in music history. But truthfully, I think this is my least favorite of the 80s Metallica albums. The aggression is great, but I think the mellow parts are kind of melodramatic. I also think “Leper Messiah” is kind of a pointless track. “Disposable Heroes” kicks ass, though!

Rating: 82/100
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 05/07/2024 20:20
  • Post subject:

Fas - Ite, Maledicti, In Ignem Aeternum...pell Omega

April 25, 2024

Quote:
Yep, this was great. It’s a terrifying album about the decent to hell and its psychologic implications. If you loved Si monvmentvm, you’ll love this, too. The advantage that this album has is that it’s 4 meaty tracks plus a ritualistic intro and outro, totaling at 6 tracks in 44 minutes. Very good, complex, yet more digestible than its predecessor.

Rating: 92/100
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 05/07/2024 20:20
  • Post subject:

アンドロメダ [Andromeda] by t e l...能力者

April 26, 2024

Quote:
I find this to be a sister album to Everlasting Love. Maybe it’s because they both feature a lone woman in the middle of the album cover and came out a year apart. Who knows. Andromeda is shorter at roughly 69 minutes and features more tracks. But it’s still immersive slushwave beauty. Because it’s a sister album in my eyes, I couldn’t help but give it the same score, but my enjoyment was pretty much the same.

Rating: 93/100
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 05/07/2024 20:24
  • Post subject:

アマテラス [Amaterasu] by t e l e ...能力者

April 26, 2024

Quote:
I do enjoy the general slushwave sound of t e l e p a t h which is why I rate a lot of his releases favorably. This one is probably the one album of his I find very very mildly overrated. It’s really hard to explain because it’s very much in the same vein as his other acclaimed pieces, but I just can’t get into it as much as I’d hope. I wish it was more ambient-y than funk. But it’s still really good overall.

Rating: 77/100
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 05/07/2024 20:25
  • Post subject:

Darkness Descends by Dark Angel

April 29, 2024

Quote:
Deliciously excellent trash metal music. Revisiting this album is helping me realize that this is a metal masterpiece with no serious flaws. This album sounds excellent and the atmosphere is perfectly evil without being too theatrical. It is all killer and no filler. Likely one of the best metal albums I've ever heard, period.

Rating: 97/100
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 05/11/2024 16:04
  • Post subject:

A Blaze In The Northern Sky by Darkthrone

May 9, 2024

Quote:
That ritual ambient intro for "Kathaarian Life Code" (which is also how they close the album) is so chilling. I couldn't think of a more perfect intro to start a black metal record. One of the pioneering releases of black metal, particularly for the 2nd wave and how black metal stands today, A Blaze in the Northern Sky is still a frightening release, even to this day. While Darkthrone's death metal origins are still prevalant on this record (particularly in some of the slower riffs), the blast beats, artwork, vocal style, guitar tones, and themes are very much black metal. I forgot how kickass this record sounds too. It packs a punch. This isn't one of those lofi atmospheric black metal records with a notoriously thin sound. This record is full in sound and absolutely badass. There's not a bad track on here. It's a precise 42 minute, 6 track album that does not waste a moment. I think this is essential listening for any music fan who wants to understand what is out there.

I do want to share a fun memory I have about this album. I remember the initial rise in popularity with iTunes and mp3 based music. Around that time I was around 13-14yo and I was slowly dipping my toes into extreme metal, but it was mostly some mainstream metalcore and bands like Meshuggah and Gojira. While I was exploring iTunes, I somehow ended up on black metal and eventually found the artworks for this album and Transylvanian Hunger. I remember how creeped out I felt staring at the corpse paint figures. I listened to the samples on shitty computer speakers and thought, "Who the hell would listen to this?" Little did I know I would fall down the black metal rabbit hole in college, haha.

Rating: 97/100