NBA Season 2015-2016

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Mercury
Turn your back on the pay-you-back last call

United States
  • Posted: 07/03/2016 18:18
  • Post subject:
Yeah I am not thinking that knicks line up is all that impressive. If this were 2012 yeah that would be a star studded line up. But having 2 ball hogging stars in Rose and Carmelo is gonna be weird. Jo is a bit fragile and not playing the same the last 2 years. Lee is not a game changer. Kristaps is the wild card, and he could make a big leap this year. But the ball will be in Rose and Carmelo's hands 60-70 percent of the time and that can't help the offensive development of KP. I think they're at best a 6th seed. But I feel like they will be a 35 win team and miss the playoffs. Also let's not forget Rose isn't that great these days. Very inefficient. Carmelo is still potentially great. But all their big names outside of KP is injury prone.

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Visit poster's website
Mercury
Turn your back on the pay-you-back last call

United States
  • Posted: 07/04/2016 20:12
  • Post subject:
PG: Steph Curry
SG: Klay Thompson
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Draymond Green
C: ?
6th man: Andre Igoudala

...hmm... I think an okay set of players. They may be good. Possibly even Playoff caliber.

---------

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST WTF!!!!!!!!

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Visit poster's website
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 07/05/2016 04:32
  • Post subject:
Hello, 2010

Sorry but not at all sad for OKC's misfortune #curseofthesonic
  • Visit poster's website
junodog4
Future Grumpy Old Man

Canada
  • Posted: 07/06/2016 02:27
  • Post subject:
For once, I actually agree with Steven A Smith...
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States
  • Posted: 07/06/2016 03:20
  • Post subject:
KD's old tweet regarding how everyone wants to join super teams now instead of trying to knock them down is so ironic (duh) and relevant now.
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States
  • Posted: 07/06/2016 04:02
  • Post subject:
Rumors surfacing of everyone from Jermaine O'Neal to Ray Allen to Josh Smith trying to come join the Dubs. This is weird.

I have nothing against super teams - you can see that much by how excited I was about the Knicks despite them being a team that really needs to stay healthy to have a chance (they're betting on Rose, who admittedly I think will put up 20 ppg+ when healthy, but will miss at least a few games and then they rely on the streaky and random Justin Holiday). The league will never be fully balanced and I really like watching good basketball, and when these super teams gel, they're seriously magical. That being said, if we keep bringing in people instead of staying with people we're used to, I think it could be a problem. Letting Barbosa go would be a mistake, especially if we keep Varejao. Not sure how I feel about letting Speights go either, I'm a little more in the middle there.

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website
RockyRaccoon
Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me?

United States

• Posted: 07/06/2016 12:05
  • Post subject:
This whole KD thing has made me have to come to grips with the fact that I now agree with Stephen A. Smith on something and that makes me uncomfortable

Early Psychedelic Rock

Electronic Chart
  • Visit poster's website
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States
  • Posted: 07/07/2016 07:03
  • Post subject:
I love Barkley throwing a mini hissy fit over this, as though he didn't do the same thing.

I dunno, it's weird to me that Durant was born in DC. went to high school in Maryland and Virginia, went to college in Austin, grew up rooting for Toronto, and was drafted by Seattle, but somehow leaving OKC is betraying his home or abandoning his kingdom or etc. Like I feel for the Supersonics fans especially but the team abandoned you more than Kevin, I feel ...

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website
RockyRaccoon
Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me?

United States

• Posted: 07/07/2016 12:20
  • Post subject:
benpaco wrote:

I dunno, it's weird to me that Durant was born in DC. went to high school in Maryland and Virginia, went to college in Austin, grew up rooting for Toronto, and was drafted by Seattle, but somehow leaving OKC is betraying his home or abandoning his kingdom or etc. Like I feel for the Supersonics fans especially but the team abandoned you more than Kevin, I feel ...

No, it's not that at all.

He's bandwagoning. He wants to leave OKC? That's fine. But join the Warriors? Why? So he can get an easy ring. There are no more great rivalries in the NBA, parity in the NBA is a joke. Now there's just two or three amazing super teams that run the playoffs for a few years.

Durant should have gone to a team that needed him to be a complete team. Did the Warriors *need* Durant to win a championship? No of course not, they've shown that. Where Durant should have gone is to a team that needed one more piece to be complete, a team that would have immediately gone from good to great with Durant's addition. Instead, he's going for a cheap ring and he's feeding us all this bullshit about how he's "growing as a player" or whatever.

Early Psychedelic Rock

Electronic Chart
  • Visit poster's website
Allabaster
  • Posted: 07/07/2016 14:50
  • Post subject:
This is a wonderful era in basketball. There have been seven different champions in the last ten years and players choose their own fate rather than feeling strapped to one city. Sometimes super teams work (Miami) and sometimes they don't (Lakers), but I always have fun watching them try and watching others try to take them down (Dallas over Miami). And if you remember an era in basketball when more than a handful of teams were contenders in a given year, you remember a fiction.