Album of the day (#889): Rage Against The Machine

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Mercury
Turn your back on the pay-you-back last call

United States
  • Posted: 04/24/2013 00:51
  • Post subject:
No, Muse is actually pretty great at times. And they are generally very respected. And no I am not a fan, I own no albums by them and I understand people not digging them the same as I understand someone not liking any divisive artist. I think muse is equal in my book to the smiths and joy division for example.

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Visit poster's website
Jasonconfused
If We Make It We Can All Sit Back and Laugh

United States
  • Posted: 04/24/2013 00:53
  • Post subject:
Happymeal wrote:
Lol, I sincerely have no idea what you're referring to (if anything), but this is hilarious. Why would I want to be a moderator though?

Just a joke on how it looks like you're trying to moderate the thread. Glad you liked it.
Happymeal
  • Posted: 04/24/2013 00:57
  • Post subject:
Jasonconfused wrote:
Just a joke on how it looks like you're trying to moderate the thread. Glad you liked it.

That's cool! Thanks for it though, put me in a pretty good mood. As for looking like I'm trying to moderate the thread, not trying to do that (of course)! Rather, I'm just pointing out a few things I'm not a big fan of when reading!
Mercury
Turn your back on the pay-you-back last call

United States
  • Posted: 04/24/2013 01:03
  • Post subject:
Rage Against The Machine's debut is iconic to me. It's just in my opinion one of the best, most intense and fiery debuts ever. It reminds me of like the closest thing to the 90s answer to The Clash's debut.

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Visit poster's website
  • Posted: 04/24/2013 01:18
  • Post subject:
Happymeal wrote:
I disagree completely about what you said in this statement (at least certain aspects of it).

I'm not going to say you're wrong about not insulting his tastes, because you're right, you weren't. i was just being a little harsh cause I was pissed.

On the other hand, if it wasn't a conversation you were involved with, why did you get involved anyways? You didn't demonstrate anything besides your dislike for Muse. You know people who believe Muse is a bad example? People who don't like Muse. i thought it was a perfectly reasonable example. Realize this. Muse is popular as well as acclaimed so yes they're a very reasonable example, whether you like them or not. Just because you don't share the same tastes does not mean the example holds no water.

And second off, like I said, if you weren't involved in the conversation, then why say anything in the first place? If you're going to comment on the conversation, comment on the whole thing, not parts you know you can take advantage of to amuse yourself.

I mean, if the album of the day thread for Absolution is any indication, Muse isn't exactly the MOST highly respected artist around here, but that's beside the point. I really just thought it was a silly comment and thought I'd point it out, I wasn't trying to piss anybody off Anxious
ProfessorSquid

United States
  • Posted: 04/24/2013 01:31
  • Post subject:
I feel like it's a dirty little secret, but I think this record and Rage Against the Machine in general are overrated. It's not something that I'm hugely passionate about so I'm not looking for a fight, but I just don't think there's anything impressive going on here.

Also, Muse is terrible.
  • Posted: 04/24/2013 01:34
  • Post subject:
ProfessorSquid wrote:
I feel like it's a dirty little secret, but I think this record and Rage Against the Machine in general are overrated. It's not something that I'm hugely passionate about so I'm not looking for a fight, but I just don't think there's anything impressive going on here.

Also, Muse is terrible.

Basically this, although this record does have a time and a place. It's not bad, but I wouldn't choose to put it on for enjoyment when I'm on my own.
Happymeal
  • Posted: 04/24/2013 04:15
  • Post subject:
Gonna listen to this album again before making another statement about it. I haven't heard it in a while, last time I did, I hated it, perhaps things have changed.
Jasonconfused
If We Make It We Can All Sit Back and Laugh

United States
  • Posted: 04/24/2013 04:27
  • Post subject:
Happymeal wrote:
Gonna listen to this album again before making another statement about it. I haven't heard it in a while, last time I did, I hated it, perhaps things have changed.

Hated it? You some kind of conservative type? Well??? ARE YOU!?!??! Did the lyrics hit too close to home!?!?!? Wink
MrFrogger
Where am I

United States
  • Posted: 04/24/2013 04:32
  • Post subject:
Jasonconfused wrote:
Hated it? You some kind of conservative type? Well??? ARE YOU!?!??! Did the lyrics hit too close to home!?!?!? Wink

Happymeal is very much opposed to taking the power back.
  • Visit poster's website