The Jam - All Mod Cons
Prefab Sprout - Steve McQueen
The Happy Mondays - Pills 'n' Thrills And Bellyaches
Underworld - Second Toughest In The Infants
The Specials - The Specials
ABC - Lexicon Of Love
Dexy's Midnight Runners - Searching For.The Young Soul Rebels
Augustus Pablo - King Tubbys meets Rockers Uptown

Obscurities? That's ridiculous! Apart from Augustus Pablo who I must admit to knowing nothing about myself, these are all great well regarded British albums. The Guardian btw is a British newspaper, which is why these albums are included. They've also included plenty of American acts which makes this chart pretty diverse! Branch out & give some of those albums a listen, you might enjoy them. Just because something is "obscure" to you, doesn't mean that its not worthy to feature on a greatest albums list. Any 30 somethings who have lived in the UK will be familiar with all of those bands, many others too!
  • Visit poster's website
JMan
  • Posted: 02/14/2014 18:53
  • Post subject:
Where have you been? I nearly forgot about you!
Necharsian
Best Ever User

Canada
  • Posted: 02/14/2014 19:02
  • Post subject:
JMan wrote:
I still think the chart looks disorganized. Either that or I'm really not happy with the outcome. Jagged Little Pill and Primal Scream over Led Zeppelin IV and Rumours is insane.

What makes a "good" list to you?
  • Visit poster's website
JMan
  • Posted: 02/14/2014 19:04
  • Post subject:
Not too obvious, really. And diversity. Not too much hard rock, not too much British invasion, not to much anything. Can we please get off of the discussion of me, though? Being the center of attention hasn't done me any good on BEA, and I would like the chart to be the focal point. Just because I made one mistake, please don't turn it into a discussion about me. I get it. Their not mainstream. Can we please, please leave it at that?
Necharsian
Best Ever User

Canada
  • Posted: 02/14/2014 19:07
  • Post subject:
That's not even what I was referencing
  • Visit poster's website
Mercury
Turn your back on the pay-you-back last call

United States
  • Posted: 02/14/2014 20:11
  • Post subject:
I think it's a pretty cool and interesting chart overall. There are a couple things I disagree with, but that is inevitable. Who cares? The list is alright.

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Visit poster's website
  • Posted: 02/14/2014 21:00
  • Post subject:
JMan wrote:
But the only reason I said that "out-of-this-world" think was because it looked so unorganized and different from any other magazine's chart I've seen, not neccessarily because of those albums. I mean, I usually like a different chart, but I can't find a shred of accuracy here.

You dislike it because it's different from other magazines? No offense, dude, but that's really fucking stupid.

And you can't find a shred of accuracy here? What does that even mean? How can a subjective ranking be accurate or inaccurate?
  • Posted: 02/14/2014 21:00
  • Post subject:
In Jman's defense, of the ones he picked out I had only heard of The Specials and Dexy's Midnight Runners. It must be the fact they're more popular in Europe.
JMan
  • Posted: 02/14/2014 21:03
  • Post subject:
swedenman wrote:
You dislike it because it's different from other magazines? No offense, dude, but that's really fucking stupid.

And you can't find a shred of accuracy here? What does that even mean? How can a subjective ranking be accurate or inaccurate?

I have an answer for that, but I'm not going to state it because I said that's enough. I'm not the thread topic, so stick with the thread topic. If you want to continue that other conversation, PM me for once and stop derailing the thread. Can't I make a single thread where people don't constantly question me? I'm done with it. I understand I'll be called out for mistakes, but I've been getting called out for the past 2 pages, and the thread's not even three complete pages long.
  • Posted: 02/14/2014 21:10
  • Post subject:
JMan wrote:
I have an answer for that, but I'm not going to state it because I saiod that's fuckin enough. I'm not the thread topic, so stick with the thread topic. If you want to continue that other conversation, PM me for once and stop derailing the thread. Can't I make a single thread where people don't constantly question me? I'm done with it.

If you're going to put your opinions out in the open then you should expect people to discuss them. That's how forums work. Especially if you're going to make ludicrous criticisms of a greatest albums list. Stop trying to make us the bad guys. You shouldn't post things if you don't want us to read them and think about them.