Last concert you went to

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 50, 51, 52  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
dihansse

Belgium

• Posted: 09/23/2019 20:11
  • Post subject:
I'm gonna see Sebadoh next Friday. And besides their new album they're playing a lot of their old stuff and to my great pleasure they seem to end most of their gigs with Brand New Love, one of my all-time favorite tracks. Hooooray!
  • Visit poster's website
dihansse

Belgium

• Posted: 09/28/2019 15:18
  • Post subject:
I saw Sebadoh yesterday, one of my all time favorites in Antwerp and the Canadian Dearly Beloved were the opener (I didn't see the beginning because I was stuck in a traffic jam). Because I didn't know them I had listened to a few of their albums before the show and I must say, their shows are much more energetic than their albums and the interaction between the band members was great fun.
And then Sebadoh: they already had to cut Beauty of the Ride short because of technical problems but they tackled this and for the rest of the show with a lot of humour (which I have seen differently on much of the other shows I saw of them).
Then they started to play nearly every song of their new album which is not a bad album but of course everybody was waiting for their older songs which they gladly did. Lou wouldn't be Lou if he let everybody choose between Ocean and Skull, nearly everybody chose Skull and finally did Ocean (which I like very much as well).
But the real highlights for me were Rebound which is just a killer of a song where you just can't stand still and my personal favorite song of all time (not only from Sebadoh but overall), Brand New Love. This was the only time I saw them play it live and it sounded great so I was a very happy man.
  • Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 10/16/2019 23:03
  • Post subject:
Been to King Gizzard concerto yesterday in Milano. Easily one of the best shows I've ever seen, and probably the best audience I've ever seen. Moshing on a boogie song was a first one for me. It was something like 2k people, and it seemed like everyone was a true fan. Every song off of Rats' Nest (they played Self Immolate, Organ Farmer, Venusian II and Hell) was a highlight, that album is perfect for a live show. Everyone was going nuts for Hell, the whole place became one big messy mosh pit. It was probs my favourite of the whole show. The setlist was a bit weird, they didn't play any of their most popular songs. 0 Banana songs, only Evil Death Roll from Nonagon Infinity, 3 songs from Polygondwanaland (Inner Cell, Loyalty, Horology) but no Crumbling Castle or Fourth Colour, the last 5 songs from Murder of the Universe but no Lord of Lightning, etc. It was a fan's setlist and since I am a fan, it was incredible. DO NOT MISS THEM LIVE. Also Milan is a great place to visit.

Today I've seen Baroness in Zagreb, about 10 minutes from where I live. I was (and am) angry about Gold & Gray, cause it's a fantastic album but it truly sounds like shit. It sounded about 10 times better live, and live version of Seasons is a strong song of the year contender. Even their earlier material sounded better live. Gina is one of the best things that have happened to the bend in the last few years, and John Baizley's vocals were incredible, better than anything he's ever recorded. Also, he was having as much fan as anyone in the audience, he thanked the crowd several times but it sounded really honest, not the usual cheesy "thank you, you're great". I have a new found love for this band now, even though I've been a fan for several years.

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
Purplepash
ranker, rater, & music list maker

Australia

• Posted: 10/17/2019 04:35
  • Post subject:
King Gizzard are one of the best live acts going around. I've seen them live six times now and going to see them again in February. The great thing about them releasing so many albums so frequently is that every time is a totally different set list. Always awesome though. Shame there were no Banana songs for you LedZep. Nuclear Fusion and Rattlesnake are fantastic live. I'm looking forward to experiencing some of the Rats' Nest tracks live.
  • Visit poster's website
Bork
Executive Hillbilly

United States

• Posted: 10/19/2019 13:21
  • Post subject:
Been a while now, but I'll be going to the Cartersville Bluegrass & Roots Festival today.

No bands I've ever heard of but we shall see: Luther's Mountain, Sugar Creek Stompers, The Wiseman Brothers, Old Mill Road Band, Flatt & Strugglin, Kris Youmans Band, Jayron Weaver, Bonaventure Quartet, Sandra Hall & the Shadows, Jeff Sipe Trio, Nick DiSebastian.

Might not find any future superstars, but don't forget Robert Earl Keen started his career taking second place in the International Bluegrass Band Competition in Crockett, Texas.
  • Visit poster's website
baystateoftheart
Neil Young as a butternut squash

United States

• Posted: 02/23/2020 19:24
  • Post subject:
Saw Durand Jones & The Indications on Friday. Would highly recommend if you get a chance - a great soul band that's even better live. Jones' stage presence is electric and The Indications are really tight. I was with a friend, but their concerts would be especially ideal to attend with a significant other.
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 02/24/2020 04:58
  • Post subject:
I turned down an opportunity to see King Gizz and now hate myself. Laughing

And probably like 20 other live act opportunities. I have a love hate relationship with them. Standing in vomit for 3 hours usually isn't my idea of having fun, but I've done it.
  • Visit poster's website
baystateoftheart

United States

• Posted: 04/24/2020 22:17
  • Post subject:
Anyone else going to Square Garden? "Doors" are open and it starts soon.

Marcfreak

United Kingdom

• Posted: 04/25/2020 09:24
  • Post subject:
Shellac, in Brighton in December. Fantastic atmosphere, and Albini's guitar as ferocious as ever.

I was due to see Dana Gavanski last week, but alas cancelled due to the current crisis.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
baystateoftheart

United States

• Posted: 04/25/2020 16:46
  • Post subject:
baystateoftheart wrote:
Anyone else going to Square Garden? "Doors" are open and it starts soon.

This was really good. I didn't catch all the sets, but enjoyed almost everything I heard. Lots of inspired mashup choices. My favorite set was probably Cashmere Cat / Benny Blanco, which I wasn't expecting.