• Posted: 10/02/2020 00:11
  • Post subject:
That is true.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 10/02/2020 02:38
  • Post subject:
It is finally here. After two years, the revision for the greatest list is here. And for the time being, I'm quite happy with how it turned out. Descriptors for the top 34 will come eventually. Whenever I fell like it.
https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=37599

Have fun. Later in this month, might do top 20 for 2020 3rd quarter.
  • Visit poster's website
baystateoftheart
Neil Young as a butternut squash

United States

• Posted: 10/02/2020 03:53
  • Post subject:
Luigii wrote:
It is finally here. After two years, the revision for the greatest list is here. And for the time being, I'm quite happy with how it turned out. Descriptors for the top 34 will come eventually. Whenever I fell like it.

This is dope - well done! Will definitely pick up some recs from it.
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 10/02/2020 14:12
  • Post subject:
baystateoftheart wrote:
Luigii wrote:

This is dope - well done! Will definitely pick up some recs from it.

Thank you very much. Hope you enjoy the recommendations.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 10/29/2020 19:14
  • Post subject:
God, October has been quite nuts. I might be skipping on getting the third quarter for 2020. Like out of all the stuff that was released, I think my favorite thing for October so far is the new Roisin Murphy. And then it would probably be Autechre's second October record, Plus. And then there is some albums from the wish list and from the top 100 from 2020 I want to get to. It might be a possibility that I might hit 200 albums for current year. Which would be quite nuts. As well as coming really close to hitting 500 albums for the 2010's. Not done yet, got a long way to go. But that's a worthy milestone. Recently, I dented through the discography of Hot Chip and have two more albums left. Also going through at least two albums from Plaid. Not done with Polymer, but that album be banging. Kind of want to talk. Oh also the 3.0 video is out.

Link

That is going to be funny. At least got an hour of that done. Will watch the rest later.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 12/13/2020 00:43
  • Post subject:
Well, it has been a bit since I popped my head for this diary post. And want to air out some stuff. First off, I don't think I will be getting out my top 20 for 2020 out during the end of the year. There is some big clean up I want to do from going through the top 100 or going through some individuals list. Travelful's list is probably the most up my speed but there are some other users I would like to tackle. Also would like to go through the albums from 2020 that exists in my wish list. Maybe during 2021, I'll get that started as my next project since I am back on the canon game. This time going through 1993 and so far got 40/100 albums done. Was thinking that might be done by maybe February but I don't necessarily know if that will happen because there is some big news from me. Basically, I have a new job. Doing factory based work where I have to organize packages and they are sent around to different parts of the country and possibly globally. Have done at least 4 days worth and have been enjoying it. Though they are long days. The other thing I would mention that yesterday was my last day from my retail job. And was hoping I could have my schedule adjusted. Talked to the manager. He said it wouldn't worked out, gave him my tag and hugged him to working there for 5 years. But it was time to move on and hopefully this job could last longer than the two jobs I tried out last year. There are some other things I could mention but I don't want to bore anyone that usually reads this. I think that is it. Will post whenever I will post.
  • Visit poster's website
Mercury
Turn your back on the pay-you-back last call

United States

• Posted: 12/13/2020 15:38
  • Post subject:
Luigii wrote:
Well, it has been a bit since I popped my head for this diary post. And want to air out some stuff. First off, I don't think I will be getting out my top 20 for 2020 out during the end of the year. There is some big clean up I want to do from going through the top 100 or going through some individuals list. Travelful's list is probably the most up my speed but there are some other users I would like to tackle. Also would like to go through the albums from 2020 that exists in my wish list. Maybe during 2021, I'll get that started as my next project since I am back on the canon game. This time going through 1993 and so far got 40/100 albums done. Was thinking that might be done by maybe February but I don't necessarily know if that will happen because there is some big news from me. Basically, I have a new job. Doing factory based work where I have to organize packages and they are sent around to different parts of the country and possibly globally. Have done at least 4 days worth and have been enjoying it. Though they are long days. The other thing I would mention that yesterday was my last day from my retail job. And was hoping I could have my schedule adjusted. Talked to the manager. He said it wouldn't worked out, gave him my tag and hugged him to working there for 5 years. But it was time to move on and hopefully this job could last longer than the two jobs I tried out last year. There are some other things I could mention but I don't want to bore anyone that usually reads this. I think that is it. Will post whenever I will post.

Thanks for the excellent update.

I feel you on all the listening projects and mixed with real life and work etc it can all be a lot to do and think about.

I still need to listen to the Sheena Ringo album you recommended on the canon game. I wanted to do that fast so I could get you to listen to 1 particular 1993 album which is one of my faves from that year and is WAY too low on our BEA Top albums of 1993 list. But I will let this Ringo album percolate and then post my thoughts and hopefully I'll be able to officially nominate it.

Fuck it i'm no good with secrets and suspense. Its the Fugazi album, "In On The Kill Taker"

EDIT: I AM WAAY behind on that game thread! LOL. for some reason i'm not getting email updates so I thought the game had stopped and now I see that 3 people have posted there in last 12 hours including someone recommending Fugazi. Jesus!

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 12/13/2020 21:40
  • Post subject:
Mercury wrote:
Thanks for the excellent update.

I feel you on all the listening projects and mixed with real life and work etc it can all be a lot to do and think about.

I still need to listen to the Sheena Ringo album you recommended on the canon game. I wanted to do that fast so I could get you to listen to 1 particular 1993 album which is one of my faves from that year and is WAY too low on our BEA Top albums of 1993 list. But I will let this Ringo album percolate and then post my thoughts and hopefully I'll be able to officially nominate it.

Fuck it i'm no good with secrets and suspense. Its the Fugazi album, "In On The Kill Taker"

EDIT: I AM WAAY behind on that game thread! LOL. for some reason i'm not getting email updates so I thought the game had stopped and now I see that 3 people have posted there in last 12 hours including someone recommending Fugazi. Jesus!

Yeah, I don't understand the no update. For me it has to do with refreshing my mail on my phone. Also sorry for my take on the Fugazi album. Enjoyed it, but not an absolute favorite for me. But you'll probably enjoy it way more than me.
  • Visit poster's website
Mercury
Turn your back on the pay-you-back last call

United States

• Posted: 12/13/2020 21:52
  • Post subject:
For some reason when I was about 14 I went and bought In On The Kill taker as my first Fugazi album, it blew me away. So there is partially nostalgia to explain my love of it. I really love that album (Not one of my favorites to this day but I listened again yesterday and I still quite like it). Your write up/review of it was fair.

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 12/13/2020 22:15
  • Post subject:
Mercury wrote:
For some reason when I was about 14 I went and bought In On The Kill taker as my first Fugazi album, it blew me away. So there is partially nostalgia to explain my love of it. I really love that album (Not one of my favorites to this day but I listened again yesterday and I still quite like it). Your write up/review of it was fair.

Understandable.
  • Visit poster's website