cool story, bro

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
toan123

• Posted: 02/03/2018 03:44
  • Post subject: cool story, bro
Do you have a cool story about meeting a famous musician?
  • Visit poster's website
glynspsa

United States

• Posted: 02/03/2018 04:31
  • Post subject:
I met some members of wu tang and George Clinton at a mmj dispensary in West Hollywood Cali.
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 02/03/2018 05:48
  • Post subject:
I did a thread like this a little while ago, and a lot of people here had some awesome stories!! I was really impressed. Somebody was even in some band's video and shit. They had some awesome stores. They were really cool stories, bro. Heh heh
  • Visit poster's website
badseed

United States

• Posted: 02/03/2018 06:19
  • Post subject:
Chad Gray, the singer from Mudvayne, told the rest of the crowd to "watch out for that little fucker" because I was in the mosh pit. I was 12 years old at the time. April 2001. Sadly that's still the only major concert I ever went to; it was a two day outdoor festival headlined by the likes of The Offspring, Disturbed, Staind, 3 Doors Down, Tesla and others.

Oh yeah, I've met Luke Bryan. Since I assume nobody here knows who he is, he's one of the hottest "country" acts going. Totally shit music honestly, it's like that hybrid country pop stuff. But he's actually a pretty cool dude. He bought his mom a house in Mexico Beach so he usually pops up in the local restaurants a couple times a year.
  • Visit poster's website
bobbyb5

United States

• Posted: 02/03/2018 06:35
  • Post subject:
My stories all involved people who you would have to be an old guy like me in their forties to even know who they are anymore. When I lived in NYC, I been in bars and restaurants where there was a celebrity there, but the only ones I ever actually talked to were Cyndi Lauper, in a clothing store and she actually asked us all our names and shit and talk to us for 4 or 5 minutes. I also talked to Chris Isaak in a record store once. And I also talked to Teena Marie in a gas station in New Jersey. The only other one is a really embarrassing story. I went to see Bob Mould in a small acoustic tour he was doing in the mid-90s. It was in a very small Club. And I was very drunk and I kept yelling out requests that he couldn't do because he only had his acoustic guitar and no band. He kept looking at me and shaking his head, and finally he just got annoyed and told me he was only doing a certain kind of song. Which I actually already knew. He was not pleased and he was not amused with me. He spoke to me in that very annoyed tone that you talk to drunk people with when they're getting on your nerves.
  • Visit poster's website
PurpleHazel

United States

• Posted: 02/03/2018 07:03
  • Post subject:
bobbyb5 wrote:
My stories all involved people who you would have to be an old guy like me in their forties to even know who they are anymore.... Cyndi Lauper

Young people know who Cyndi Lauper is... from the Consentyx commercials!
  • Visit poster's website
Decurso

Canada

• Posted: 02/03/2018 19:27
  • Post subject:
I was at pub in Beijing having dinner when my buddy texted me and said, "Jimmy Page is at D22 (a local rock bar I went to all the time) now. Get your ass down here and tell no one". I took a cab even though it was only a 20 minute walk.

BTW....Zeppelin is my favourite band.

Apparently he was in town negotiating a deal to play the Global Peace Festival (which I'm not sure even happened). He had asked around about where he could see some local bands, and being it was Monday there weren't a lot of options. So he found his way out there.

He was really chill and approachable. I went up and thanked him for all the great music, and he shook my hand. and then...we mostly talked about the bands playing that night. Because at the end of the day....most of our favourite musicians are just fans like us.

Live Albums

Death Metal
  • Visit poster's website
Decurso

Canada

• Posted: 02/03/2018 19:40
  • Post subject:
A few years later I was in Victoria, B.C. Canada watching a show by Nashville Pussy. My friend was in a local band that opened for them. While Nashville Pussy were playing, he came to me and said, "You know Jeff Hanneman is here? apparently he's a big fan and he goes on the road with them every chance he gets".

So my buddy took me back stage and I got to meet Nashville Pussy and Jeff as well. We partied for several hours. My friend and I are both fans of an 80s shock rock band called The Mentors and it turns out Jeff was too. So we spent a great deal of time talking obscure, nasty bands we all liked.

A sad footnote to this story is that he died two months later.

[/img]

Live Albums

Death Metal
  • Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 02/03/2018 20:31
  • Post subject:
Decurso you have two of the most epic stories I've heard haha. I can just imagine what it'd be like to meet Page or Hanneman, sadly I won't be able to ever see Jeff play live or meet him :/
As far as me meeting musicians, I've shaken hands and talked with Dave Catching after Eagles of Death Metal show in Zagreb, I have a picture with my brother, two friends and him. It was the tour after that terrorist attack... Also I've had some stuff signed by Mark Lanegan and we had a brief conversation, after his concert.
I'm also in a student association and we organise up to 50 concerts a year, mostly low profile bands, so I've met or at least listened to some cool bands warming up. Comeback Kid, Föllakzoid, No! Mozart, Naxatras...

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 02/03/2018 22:56
  • Post subject:
Actually completely identical posts...

https://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/v...hp?t=19390
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website