dick cheney made money off the Iraq war

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
KitchenSink

• Posted: 01/02/2021 07:13
  • Post subject: dick cheney made money off the Iraq war
thinking I might talk about music or something here who knows

in the meantime if there's anything y'all want me to listen to feel free to drop it here and I'll add it to The List Wink

Applerill
Autistic Princess <3

United States

• Posted: 01/02/2021 14:38
  • Post subject:
I wanna hear about Phiiiiiiisssshhhhh, Gabe <3
  • Visit poster's website
KitchenSink

• Posted: 01/02/2021 23:34
  • Post subject:
Applerill wrote:
I wanna hear about Phiiiiiiisssshhhhh, Gabe <3

please never make me think about phish ty
KitchenSink

• Posted: 01/02/2021 23:54
  • Post subject:
huh. damn I hope i didn't forget how to ramble about music that would suck.
an-outlaw

United Kingdom

• Posted: 01/03/2021 00:42
  • Post subject:
Hi Gabe
  • Visit poster's website
KitchenSink

• Posted: 01/03/2021 01:10
  • Post subject:
hi Kiki. got any music you'd like me to hear and talk about in here?
Applerill
Autistic Princess <3

United States

• Posted: 01/03/2021 01:16
  • Post subject:
WAIT have you heard this? I think it’d be a fun listen for you.

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album...anetaires/
  • Visit poster's website
KitchenSink

• Posted: 01/03/2021 10:47
  • Post subject:
Applerill wrote:
WAIT have you heard this? I think it’d be a fun listen for you.

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album...anetaires/

this looks very up my alley Surprised
KitchenSink

• Posted: 01/04/2021 02:06
  • Post subject:

Tzenni by Noura Mint Seymali

have been really addicted to this album lately. a subtly psychedelic and almost kind of electric blues-esque take on... actually I'm not sure I necessarily know the genre. There's definitely a connection here to Tishoumaren (aka the desert blues of Tinariwen and the like), but where Tinariwen take a more slow building, atmospherically layered approach, Seymali here is just direct and to the point intensity from the get go. Her Ardin playing (I think, please correct me if I'm wrong) is extremely tight and she effortlessly shifts between more deft, staccato-laden string picking, and focused and energetic chordal explosions. This primarily makes up the foundation of the album, but as much fun as the Ardin here is to listen to, it is ultimately in service of Seymali's singing. I will fully admit I do not currently have the necessary cultural understanding to adequately describe exactly what she's doing with her voice here, but essentially she has some kind of master-level control over her specific vocal modulations that consist of both what are for me more familiar vocal sounds and more guttural throat sounds, but she slides so masterfully between the different vocal modes here that I can't even see the seams, and honestly I'm not sure they're even there; she is essentially holistically good at this blend of melodic vocal figure skating and punctuating rhythmic dexterity (reflective of her griot background I'm assuming), there's not point at which one can be observably disconnected from the other. As a sort of final icing on the cake, I mentioned the album feeling "psychedelic" and I mean that sort of literally in that I definitely hear a not-insignificant influence from western psych-rock convention; that Seymali could forsee that as being such a natural bedfellow to more traditional Moorish music is nothing short of genius. That she makes this all so deceptively simple, even moreso.
On that note, her subsequent album, Arbina, actually amps up those psych influences. There's a certain rawness to Tzenni that leads me to slightly prefer this album (even if I am generally partial to anything with a tasteful dose of classic psych-rock shit), but honestly both are beyond excellent, offering two similar but ultimately very distinct approaches to Seymali's unique musical vision. Just really enrapturing stuff all around. Highly recommend all of it.

Oh also her husband plays guitar in her band and he's p good too heh
Mercury
Turn your back on the pay-you-back last call

United States

• Posted: 01/04/2021 02:10
  • Post subject:
KitchenSink wrote:

Tzenni by Noura Mint Seymali

have been really addicted to this album lately. a subtly psychedelic and almost kind of electric blues-esque take on... actually I'm not sure I necessarily know the genre. There's definitely a connection here to Tishoumaren (aka the desert blues of Tinariwen and the like), but where Tinariwen take a more slow building, atmospherically layered approach, Seymali here is just direct and to the point intensity from the get go. Her Ardin playing (I think, please correct me if I'm wrong) is extremely tight and she effortlessly shifts between more deft, staccato-laden string picking, and focused and energetic chordal explosions. This primarily makes up the foundation of the album, but as much fun as the Ardin here is to listen to, it is ultimately in service of Seymali's singing. I will fully admit I do not currently have the necessary cultural understanding to adequately describe exactly what she's doing with her voice here, but essentially she has some kind of master-level control over her specific vocal modulations that consist of both what are for me more familiar vocal sounds and more guttural throat sounds, but she slides so masterfully between the different vocal modes here that I can't even see the seams, and honestly I'm not sure they're even there; she is essentially holistically good at this blend of melodic vocal figure skating and punctuating rhythmic dexterity (reflective of her griot background I'm assuming), there's not point at which one can be observably disconnected from the other. As a sort of final icing on the cake, I mentioned the album feeling "psychedelic" and I mean that sort of literally in that I definitely hear a not-insignificant influence from western psych-rock convention; that Seymali could forsee that as being such a natural bedfellow to more traditional Moorish music is nothing short of genius. That she makes this all so deceptively simple, even moreso.
On that note, her subsequent album, Arbina, actually amps up those psych influences. There's a certain rawness to Tzenni that leads me to slightly prefer this album (even if I am generally partial to anything with a tasteful dose of classic psych-rock shit), but honestly both are beyond excellent, offering two similar but ultimately very distinct approaches to Seymali's unique musical vision. Just really enrapturing stuff all around. Highly recommend all of it.

Oh also her husband plays guitar in her band and he's p good too heh

I started smiling and getting metaphorically moist as I read this. It reminded me of reading your reviews a few years back. Its just so good to have you back, buddy,

oh and my positive reaction may have been because you said electric blues. This sounds interesting.

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Visit poster's website