2019 Grammy Nominations

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
JOSweetHeart

• Posted: 02/11/2019 18:09
  • Post subject:
To me, Alison Krauss should've been a part of last night's Dolly tribute, but maybe the reason why she wasn't is because she herself has more Grammy awards than Dolly does. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

God bless you and Alison always!!!

Holly (a fan of her for 25 years now)

P.S. Alison has 27 and Dolly has 8. The third song done during the tribute would've been the perfect song for Alison to sing because it is one of my Dolly favorites.

Check him out here when you can!
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 02/12/2019 18:42
  • Post subject:
really liking that an inventive singer/songwriter like brandi got several noms
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 02/13/2019 04:12
  • Post subject:
I forgot these exist. Thanks for ruining my day. haha - just kidding, but seriously totally missed this thread and forget these even exist. It seems like something just as bad as the rock n' roll hall of fame. I'm with Seinfeld on these things:

Link
  • Visit poster's website
CA Dreamin

United States

• Posted: 02/13/2019 04:33
  • Post subject:
sethmadsen wrote:
I forgot these exist. Thanks for ruining my day. It seems like something just as bad as the rock n' roll hall of fame.

No seth, the Grammys are way worse than the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame. At least the HoF offers a pretty cool museum to visit. The Grammys don't offer anything. They're a complete waste of time, and insulting to many talented musicians.

I look forward to the day when BEA disregards the Grammys. As in no thread for them. Not even a mention. Because honestly, we're much better than they are.
  • Visit poster's website
Tha1ChiefRocka
Yeah, well hey, I'm really sorry.

United States

• Posted: 02/13/2019 04:37
  • Post subject:
I can't believe that they had two actually good albums nominated in the electronic category, Jon Hopkins' Singularity, ans Sophie's album, but they gave it to Justice- Woman Worldwide. The only category that had some good options, and they pick one of the bad ones.

Greta Van Fleet won in the "rock" category, which was absolutely abysmal looking besides Ghost's Prequelle, which I don't even care for that much, but it's way above anything else that was nominated. It's an absolute joke.

I've always liked that Seinfeld clip Laughing
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 02/13/2019 04:49
  • Post subject:
Didn't watch, but I can't say I disapprove the winners for the AOTY or SOTY categories. Probably the best we could've hoped for.

Quote:
I can't believe that they had two actually good albums nominated in the electronic category, Jon Hopkins' Singularity, ans Sophie's album, but they gave it to Justice- Woman Worldwide. The only category that had some good options, and they pick one of the bad ones.

Haven't given the Justice album a spin, so I can't weigh in too much, but I think that's proof most of the choices are based on popularity rather than voters giving these albums a thorough listen (or listen at all).

Big story this year was def the artists who didn't show. Could start a heavy trend... I don't think I've ever heard anything positive about the producers.

Last edited by Hayden on 02/13/2019 04:51; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 02/13/2019 04:51
  • Post subject:
StreetSpirit wrote:
No seth, the Grammys are way worse than the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame. At least the HoF offers a pretty cool museum to visit. The Grammys don't offer anything. They're a complete waste of time, and insulting to many talented musicians.

I look forward to the day when BEA disregards the Grammys. As in no thread for them. Not even a mention. Because honestly, we're much better than they are.

Pretty much.

I mean I get it, I think at it's heart it is supposed to be a celebration of music and stuff, but it just really isn't.

HoF kinda is cool and kinda isn't. I liked Sex Pistol's response to their nomination... hehe. I mean idk... in the 90s I liked it cause it was like, hey folks, let's not forget our history and stuff and now I just don't know.
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 02/13/2019 22:33
  • Post subject:
grammies have the same problem as the academy in that those who vote arent really in tune with music scenes all that much

so basically the same as your average bea poster
  • Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 02/13/2019 23:15
  • Post subject:
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:

Greta Van Fleet won in the "rock" category, which was absolutely abysmal looking besides Ghost's Prequelle, which I don't even care for that much, but it's way above anything else that was nominated. It's an absolute joke.

I've always liked that Seinfeld clip Laughing
So true lol, two excellent albums, which in itself is a rarity at the Grammys, and both snubbed. As well as Janelle Monae.
Also if one tried to determine the state of rock music by looking at their nominees, the conclusion would be that rock died years ago. Ghost and AiC are good albums but not worthy of a Grammy, and the rest was apesh*t. And it went to GVF which is a joke in itself lol. Also Masseduction as the best rock song? It's a decent song, but not rock and again, not good enough to be song of the year in any genre.
I am glad that This is America got so many Grammys though, it's a dope song with an excellent video.

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 02/13/2019 23:24
  • Post subject:
Gowi wrote:
grammies have the same problem as the academy in that those who vote arent really in tune with music scenes all that much

so basically the same as your average bea poster
They probably aren't, but that's not the biggest problem. The main thing is that they don't care about acknowledging decent music, they give the award to the safest/most popular pick on their dreadful shortlist. Wouldn't be surprised if the big "record company" guys had influence in final voting tbh. It's all 'bout business.

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website