Basketball Megathread (Current Topic: 2023-24 Season)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 04/26/2022 12:47
  • Post subject:
LedZep wrote:
I honestly don't see the big problem with Simmons. He's being weird, sure, but apart from the 76ers fans, I don't know why everyone's so angry. People were very quick to dismiss his mental health claims. He's had contradictory statements, sure, but it looks to me like he's not there mentally and that's why all this weird stuff is happening. Dunno, could be wrong. Is he at fault for not being ready physically? Yes, but he's not played basketball in a minute, I'm not sure why people expected him to have a big impact even if he played. And it's not gonna have an effect on the rest of the league imo, this is a special, isolated case which is not likely to happen again. AD and Harden trades were much worse in that aspect, imo.

Quote:
AND get your Top TEN Metal Albums of 1983 ready, Zep < & Gowi!!!! > Twisted Evil

I did NOT expect a sweep, you're gonna have to give me a few more days lol. Love the way Celtics played defensively, my favourite team to watch these playoffs. Bucks vs Celtics will be the most brutal matchup since GSW vs Houston.

Ha! No worries! Wanna go double or nothing?!?! Twisted Evil <With the Top TEN Metal Albums of 1984 as the chips on the table.>
  • Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 05/01/2022 18:11
  • Post subject:
Quote:
East

MIA - ATL/CLE
Not sure what to expect from Heat in a tough series. But they should win the first round easily, 5 games.

BOS - BKN
The biggest question mark. I'm gonna go Nets in 7, KD and Kyrie combo is too much for a Time Lord-less defense. Simmons is back for games 6/7 according to the latest report.

MIL - CHI
Probably a 5 game series, DeRozan will go thermonuclear at least once, and the Bucks will shoot 20% from 3pt at least once as well. Love both teams, my favourite duel this round.

PHI - TOR
Philly in 7. Raptors are the only team that's managed to consistently slow down Embiid with their collection of long, athletic wings and weird defense. "Slow down" as in bother him a little with their planned scheme rather than Joel having a random off game. The Raptors offensive output is the deciding factor here and I just don't trust anyone on their team against Embiid standing in the paint, nor do I trust their 3pt shot.

West

PHX - LAC/NOP
Sweep

MEM - MIN
The series I'm looking forward to the most in the west. Two young, hungry small market teams with lots to prove. Grizzlies in 5 or 6.

GSW - DEN
Warriors in 6. Jokic may be the MVP, but I don't see an upset here, despite the Warriors being meh the last 2 months. Of course, it depends on Curry and Dray being healthy and 100%.

DAL - UTA
The toughest one to predict imo. If Utah get their shit together, they could win easily, but nothing suggests that will happen. If Dončić is healthy, his PnR will abuse Utah's weak defense. I'm gonna say Dallas in 6, but it depends on Dončić's health.

Hey I was mostly right. Except the Celtics, their defense is unreal.

Next round:

Heat - 76ers
If Embiid is out for the majority of the series, it could be brutal. Even with him, 76ers just aren't as well rounded and defensively sound as the Heat. I'm gonna go Heat in 5, but it couls very easily be a 7 game series, depending on Embiid's injury.

Celtics - Bucks
Honestly, I haven't been this excited about a great series since Rockets and GSW. Two of the best defensive teams, one of them historically great, but the other has the best player in basketball. Hoping for a tough, defensive and close series. (Yes I'm old school in that respect). Bucks in 7 if Middleton plays at least 4 games, if not, idk.

Suns - Mavs
Not sure what to expect from the Suns anymore. A wild guess would be that Booker plays at about 80% and they win in 6 or 7.

GSW - Grizzlies
It could be another 5 game series. The Grizzlies will play better than in the last round, but it's not gonna be enough.

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 05/02/2022 10:59
  • Post subject:
LedZep wrote:

Celtics - Bucks
Honestly, I haven't been this excited about a great series since Rockets and GSW. Two of the best defensive teams, one of them historically great, but the other has the best player in basketball. Hoping for a tough, defensive and close series. (Yes I'm old school in that respect). Bucks in 7 if Middleton plays at least 4 games, if not, idk.

Ok. The Bucks landed a pretty solid punch in game one. Playing the Nets had made us a bit soft ironically. We didn't look like we were ready to play an actual defense. We'll get our fighting legs back though.

Tuesday night is pretty much a MUST WIN already though!!!

#bleedgreen
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 05/03/2022 15:58
  • Post subject:
Bucks in 5 or 6.
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial

Poland

• Posted: 05/11/2022 23:45
  • Post subject:
might just be the Celtics year, god damn it

Edit: Thank You, Giannis
  • Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 05/15/2022 13:07
  • Post subject:
Gowi wrote:
Bucks in 5 or 6.
Yeah.

Incredibly excited for the 2 games today, especially the Bucks one.

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial

Poland

• Posted: 05/15/2022 16:46
  • Post subject:
LedZep wrote:
Gowi wrote:
Bucks in 5 or 6.
Yeah.

TBF the Celtics have been insane this post season and the Bucks didn't have Middleton.
  • Visit poster's website
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 05/15/2022 17:01
  • Post subject:
GO CELTICS!!! Twisted Evil
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial

Poland

• Posted: 05/15/2022 23:30
  • Post subject:
  • Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 05/16/2022 00:52
  • Post subject:
Gowi wrote:
LedZep wrote:
Gowi wrote:
Bucks in 5 or 6.
Yeah.

TBF the Celtics have been insane this post season and the Bucks didn't have Middleton.
The Celtics have been insane the whole 2022 though. I'd still take the Bucks with Middleton over them. Incredible series, more of the same next year please.

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website