Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Tha1ChiefRocka
Yeah, well hey, I'm really sorry.

United States

• Posted: 03/02/2021 05:01
  • Post subject: ALC #5 What Happens After The Death Is Recorded

What Happens After The Death Is Recorded by DJ Rozwell

Uh, I guess this is the album I'm going to go with. I don't really know why though. I haven't heard too much music this year that I enjoy too much, and this was one of the last things I was listening to. I've been meaning to give this artist's 2014 album a go, as it's rated pretty highly. Not every track here hits, but there's enough for me to like to probably listen to this once or twice more throughout the year. I do tend to enjoy the super-fuzzed-out parts of the album the most.
  • Visit poster's website
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 03/02/2021 05:48
  • Post subject: Re: ALC #5 What Happens After The Death Is Recorded
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:

Uh, I guess this is the album I'm going to go with. I don't really know why though. I haven't heard too much music this year that I enjoy too much, and this was one of the last things I was listening to. I've been meaning to give this artist's 2014 album a go, as it's rated pretty highly. Not every track here hits, but there's enough for me to like to probably listen to this once or twice more throughout the year. I do tend to enjoy the super-fuzzed-out parts of the album the most.

Dude! get it together. yes! You may have lost the Super Bowl to a superior team. BUT, that has no reflection on you personally or Kansas City at as a region!

Well, almost none! Bwahhaaahhaaahhaaa!

Remember! It's just entertainment. You are worth far more than a Lombardi trophy!

Hahahahhahahahahahha!

Just wait until next year!

When your salary cap and age of your roster even gets worse! lol

I'm glad we've had this chat. My PM box is always open!
  • Visit poster's website
Jameth

United States

• Posted: 03/02/2021 19:20
  • Post subject:
Don't let it eat at you, Chief. The NFL is driven by money and the fictitious narratives which allow the owners to sate their greed for it. A 43 year old Tom Brady needed a record number of DPI calls in his favor to eke out an 11-5 wild card berth, which is probably the most unfair and back-breaking penalty in the history of competitive sports. The Bucs benefited from 27 DPI calls, the most in the league in 2020 and 7 more (35%!) than any team got in any season in the last 10 years. The Chiefs, with by far the best QB in the league, benefited from 4 all season. Tom Brady got half that on his first drive of the season against the Saints. I guess the corners the Chiefs faced weren't scared enough of Mahomes to cheat and grab, but the corners the Bucs faced (many of them the same) were so terrified of Brady's endless barrage of uncatchable lame ducks that they felt the need to constantly do so? Rolling Eyes

And, despite the fact that he looked like a decrepit mummy and couldn't hit the side of a barn on most of his deep throws, the mouthpieces in the media will be quick to let you know that those 27 calls were precisely the product of Brady's super-human (possibly even extra-terrestrial) intellectual genius, and that the numbers bear out that Brady is at least 50% smarter than every other athlete to play in the NFL in its history...combined. But, despite being a completely unremarkable athlete even in his prime, Brady not only became the oldest QB to throw a TD in NFL history, but he threw 40 this season....i.e., he's juicing.

Let's also not forget the "game" the Bucs played against the Lions with all of their defensive coaches out due to COVID, and the "beatdown" that they handed them.

Oh, and the NFL stuffed the Bucs roster with a bunch of big names before the season started to make it more believable to the casual fan. It didn't matter that Brady, Gronk, and AB were all well over the hill and washed up, and looked it. The casual fans didn't notice, despite everything about the Bucs rise to SB champs screaming "fabricated fiction" or "Disney". And the Chiefs were the perfect patsies, because they know that Mahomes is so supremely talented that losing a rigged SB won't be enough to convince Chiefs fans to tune out next season.

The NFL and the outcomes of its games are entirely meaningless. Remember, it's just "entertainment". Don't let it eat into time better spent reading or listening to music.
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 03/02/2021 19:26
  • Post subject:
Riiiiiight.
Mercury
Turn your back on the pay-you-back last call

United States

• Posted: 03/02/2021 22:23
  • Post subject:
Skinny wrote:
Riiiiiight.

This. I think.

Wtf are we even fucking talking about.

I’ll check this album out tonight. And give my uninteresting thoughts.

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Visit poster's website
Tha1ChiefRocka
Yeah, well hey, I'm really sorry.

United States

• Posted: 03/02/2021 22:33
  • Post subject:
Did I subliminally mention football there, and I missed it?

Very Happy
  • Visit poster's website
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 03/03/2021 00:23
  • Post subject:
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:
Did I subliminally mention football there, and I missed it?

Very Happy

Laughing
  • Visit poster's website
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 03/03/2021 04:06
  • Post subject: Re: ALC #5 What Happens After The Death Is Recorded
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:

Love Love Love

Not surprisingly, I LOVE this. Trippy, druggy hallucinogenic weirdness. I'm all in.
  • Visit poster's website
Jameth

United States

• Posted: 03/03/2021 05:29
  • Post subject:
(Sorry to derail your thread, Chief.)

This wasn't a bad listen, but it's a bit of a mixed bag ("I Need It" is annoying). He has a great ear for collage work and especially within the more hyperactive tracks you can hear his talent for working ideas into small spaces. But, it doesn't seem to be pushing any boundaries and is overall maybe a little too complacent and comfy within the predecessing (I like it, leave me alone.) genres it draws from. A lot of times it just sounds like he's dicking around...which I think is the point and something that can lead to good things, but it's a double-edged sword.

I listened to the arcane None of This is Real afterwards...and thanks for putting me on the road to that, because it's incredible!
EyeKanFly
Head Bear Master/Galactic Emperor

United States

• Posted: 03/04/2021 01:28
  • Post subject:
Yeah I too was disappointed by the Chiefs loss but I definitely didn't read any subliminal NFL-related messaging in your OP Tha1ChiefRocka haha

Anyway, I quite enjoyed this album, I think it was my favorite out of the ALCs so far. I know I was expecting some weirdness when I saw a song titled "Cumming in Socks" lol, but I wasn't expecting to enjoy it this much. Hell, "Cumming in Socks" was easily one of my favorites. Didn't think I'd be uttering that line lol

The whole album has an interesting playfulness but also with a clear dose of frustration, a la Aphex Twin or Death Grips. It's almost as if Death Grips remixed an Aphex Twin piece...or vice versa...

The "Socks" trilogy of songs were all excellent, and another highlight for sure was "The Tadpole King".

There were areas where the album got dull, too full of frustration or else just too wishy-washy without any real content like "The Hypnotized Guts" and even "Hallucination" but it always bounces right back and grabs your attention after a dull section.

Thanks for the rec, "Cumming in Socks" might be my song of the year so far