Combining Artists

View previous topic :: View next topic
EyeKanFly
Head Bear Master/Galactic Emperor

United States

• Posted: 02/04/2021 01:59
  • Post subject: Combining Artists
Is there a way for a user to combine artists?

If not, I believe the following should be combined: Churchill's and Jericho are the same band (and the latter should be Israeli not British, but that's something I can correct). Churchill's / Jericho Jones can also be grouped in.

I've noticed that for some artists like Caribou or Nicolas Jaar, their aliases are listed under the same artist.

Sorry if this was explained elsewhere, I searched for a little while and couldn't find anything that addressed the issue I'm trying to resolve :/ I saw there was another thread that mentioned "parent artists" but I can't figure out a way to set one as the "parent" and the other as the "child"/alias.

Anyway, thanks for any help you may be able to provide AM or anyone else Smile
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 02/04/2021 15:30
  • Post subject: Re: Combining Artists
EyeKanFly wrote:

If not, I believe the following should be combined: Churchill's and Jericho are the same band (and the latter should be Israeli not British, but that's something I can correct). Churchill's / Jericho Jones can also be grouped in.

I've noticed that for some artists like Caribou or Nicolas Jaar, their aliases are listed under the same artist.

Sorry if this was explained elsewhere, I searched for a little while and couldn't find anything that addressed the issue I'm trying to resolve :/ I saw there was another thread that mentioned "parent artists" but I can't figure out a way to set one as the "parent" and the other as the "child"/alias.

At the moment, the functionality doesn't exist for everyone to be able to do merges, but this is being worked on in the background along with a few other things. Just merged those Israeli artists, so hopefully all good and I'll get that help text updated to make this a bit clearer. If you spot any further artists that you think should be tied together, please report them on relevant admin pages as makes everything easy to track and there's a bit of an audit trail if things go wrong.
  • Visit poster's website
EyeKanFly
Head Bear Master/Galactic Emperor

United States

• Posted: 02/05/2021 16:45
  • Post subject: Re: Combining Artists
albummaster wrote:
EyeKanFly wrote:

At the moment, the functionality doesn't exist for everyone to be able to do merges, but this is being worked on in the background along with a few other things. Just merged those Israeli artists, so hopefully all good and I'll get that help text updated to make this a bit clearer. If you spot any further artists that you think should be tied together, please report them on relevant admin pages as makes everything easy to track and there's a bit of an audit trail if things go wrong.

Thanks AM, appreciate it!
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 04/20/2021 15:00
  • Post subject:
АL-90 [АЛ-90] and AL-90 are the same artist and all of the albums they have are duplicates. It's a merge and not just a simple edit, so I thought I'd let you fix this AM when you find the time.

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 04/21/2021 07:53
  • Post subject:
LedZep wrote:
АL-90 [АЛ-90] and AL-90 are the same artist and all of the albums they have are duplicates. It's a merge and not just a simple edit, so I thought I'd let you fix this AM when you find the time.

Thanks for reporting, now merged.
  • Visit poster's website