Best Song of 2022 Tournament (Noms Temp. Closed)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Big...
Drive Enemy
0%
 0%  [0]
Dark Embassy
0%
 0%  [0]
Dutiful Emissary
20%
 20%  [1]
Daring Elegy
20%
 20%  [1]
Dour Epiphany
40%
 40%  [2]
Dancing Ecoute
0%
 0%  [0]
Peniano Energetico
20%
 20%  [1]
Total Votes : 5

cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 04/19/2023 23:24
  • Post subject:
Give y'all another half hour
  • Visit poster's website
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 04/20/2023 00:41
  • Post subject:
ALlright that's a wrap for 2022 songs, obviously far from going off without a hitch but thanks everybody for participating and putting forth a lot of interesting tunes. Donno where to go from here, maybe if somebody can find the right genre we can have another variation of the Best Year Hip-Hop tournament? Stay tuned.
  • Visit poster's website
travelful
BEA's Official Florida Man

United States

• Posted: 04/20/2023 00:47
  • Post subject:
cestuneblague wrote:
ALlright that's a wrap for 2022 songs, obviously far from going off without a hitch but thanks everybody for participating and putting forth a lot of interesting tunes. Donno where to go from here, maybe if somebody can find the right genre we can have another variation of the Best Year Hip-Hop tournament? Stay tuned.

sounds fun.

thanks for hosting, always love doing these tournaments with you all.
  • Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 04/20/2023 09:48
  • Post subject:
cestuneblague wrote:
Thanks for hosting!

Fun tourney, good rankings. This is my personal fave top 3 of any tournament we've done iirc.

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
EyeKanFly
Head Bear Master/Galactic Emperor

United States

• Posted: 04/20/2023 15:05
  • Post subject:
4th place isn't bad for my top song of the year, and a great top 3. Thanks for running the show cestuneblague!
kokkinos

• Posted: 04/20/2023 21:14
  • Post subject:
I didn't participate as actively as I would have liked, but it was a super cool tournament nonetheless, great job by cestuneblague, many interesting songs and some new discoveries along the way.
And of course two thirds of the podium counts as a decent outcome for my nominations and a more than welcome surprise.
cestuneblague wrote:

Regarding a possible genre tournament it's tricky. I guess it should be a broad enough genre so that there are more than a few years to choose from and a decent amount of choices within each year, but at the same time it should be something that is of interest to the average BEAer. For example, metal clearly satisfies the first condition, but I'm not sure about the second. On the other hand, going with something safe like rock or alternative or indie is too boring. Maybe singer/songwriter would make some sense and give people enough room for creative and interesting choices? I don't know, someone else could have a better suggestion. Another variation of a genre based tournament would have each user choosing a different genre or subgenre to represent, but I'm not sure it would work that well, I think the format used in the hip hop tournament was fine and I would be hesitant about changing it.
  • Visit poster's website
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 04/21/2023 06:12
  • Post subject:
kokkinos wrote:
I didn't participate as actively as I would have liked, but it was a super cool tournament nonetheless, great job by cestuneblague, many interesting songs and some new discoveries along the way.
And of course two thirds of the podium counts as a decent outcome for my nominations and a more than welcome surprise.
Regarding a possible genre tournament it's tricky. I guess it should be a broad enough genre so that there are more than a few years to choose from and a decent amount of choices within each year, but at the same time it should be something that is of interest to the average BEAer. For example, metal clearly satisfies the first condition, but I'm not sure about the second. On the other hand, going with something safe like rock or alternative or indie is too boring. Maybe singer/songwriter would make some sense and give people enough room for creative and interesting choices? I don't know, someone else could have a better suggestion. Another variation of a genre based tournament would have each user choosing a different genre or subgenre to represent, but I'm not sure it would work that well, I think the format used in the hip hop tournament was fine and I would be hesitant about changing it.

Cities?
melisandre

• Posted: 04/21/2023 06:47
  • Post subject:
Power ballads Cool
  • Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 04/21/2023 08:57
  • Post subject:
Skinny wrote:
Cities?
I was thinking about a cities tournament in 2020 or so (when I had time to think about such stuff), it seemed like a cool idea. Can't find many drawbacks even now. Ofc someone will get London or New York or Berlin and have a few hundred good choices to pick from, while other people may go with obscure stuff from the less popular cities. Perhaps limiting it to outside of BEA's top 500 may be a good idea?

And I'd definitely love a cheesy power ballads thread on BEA lol Very Happy

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 04/21/2023 16:24
  • Post subject:
I think there was a cities tournament before I joined BEA, but that would be a great idea. In terms of genre, I think the only one that would fit would be electronica, but you would have to limit the subgenres there (perhaps just Electronic, House, Techno genre tags, similar to the past (RIP) tournament run by JimmyDread). Other genres might feel too broad or get old rather fast, as much as I would love an Emo tournament.
  • Visit poster's website