CA Dreamin

United States

• Posted: 09/23/2023 17:25
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
mickilennial wrote:
been quiet around here, huh
I've had a busy few weeks Confused
Entire last few months I've been a little swamped. Wished I could have contributed just a little bit more to this poll, but.

Being said, a 60s list is certainly viable, but I might not get around to it for a sec. Would there be an interest to conduct it before or after this time next year?
mickilennial wrote:
i can finish a list by Thanksgiving, maybe even Halloween
We moved pretty quickly from 2015-17 with our first iterations of the decade lists. We were cranking them out about every three months, IIRC. I understand we're older and busier now, and we've only done 5 second iterations since 2020. Still, a year from now feels like it would set a precedent the we'd only do one decade list per year. At that rate, we're all gonna have gray hair by the time we finish (I'm sure some of us already do, haha). I'm not suggesting we revert to our 2015-17 pace (although if there's enough interest, why not?), but I think we can split the difference. I have a 60s list ready to serve, having just participated in a 60s project on another site. So yeah, I'm with mickilennial. I'm down for doing it sooner. Why not before the end of the year?

Other users out there, what do you think?
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 09/23/2023 17:37
  • Post subject:
Albeit a 'summery' decade, I'm all good to do a 60s winter. (Must admit, it's usually the time of year I have the best opportunity to watch films Mr. Green)
Nov-Feb or something similar. Pre-2023 list poll.

I must admit, it's probably my favourite decade of the 20th century for film. Love it to bits. Wouldn't mind revisiting some favs and finding some new ones.
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 09/23/2023 18:09
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
I must admit, it's probably my favourite decade of the 20th century for film.

Not mine, but its up there.
  • Visit poster's website
Mercury
Turn your back on the pay-you-back last call

United States

• Posted: 09/23/2023 20:09
  • Post subject:
60s is also perhaps my fave period for film as well. Something special in the air for me. Plus shit tons of great Satyajit Ray and Billy Wilder and Ingmar Bergman and Akira Kurosawa and early Tarkovsky, oh my!

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Visit poster's website
Brigand99

United States

• Posted: 09/23/2023 23:46
  • Post subject:
CA Dreamin wrote:
Hayden wrote:
mickilennial wrote:
been quiet around here, huh
I've had a busy few weeks Confused
Entire last few months I've been a little swamped. Wished I could have contributed just a little bit more to this poll, but.

Being said, a 60s list is certainly viable, but I might not get around to it for a sec. Would there be an interest to conduct it before or after this time next year?
mickilennial wrote:
i can finish a list by Thanksgiving, maybe even Halloween
We moved pretty quickly from 2015-17 with our first iterations of the decade lists. We were cranking them out about every three months, IIRC. I understand we're older and busier now, and we've only done 5 second iterations since 2020. Still, a year from now feels like it would set a precedent the we'd only do one decade list per year. At that rate, we're all gonna have gray hair by the time we finish (I'm sure some of us already do, haha). I'm not suggesting we revert to our 2015-17 pace (although if there's enough interest, why not?), but I think we can split the difference. I have a 60s list ready to serve, having just participated in a 60s project on another site. So yeah, I'm with mickilennial. I'm down for doing it sooner. Why not before the end of the year?

Other users out there, what do you think?

Yeah. I could do a list right this minute cuz I already have one, but it would probably need to be tweaked a little bit. Why wait a whole f****** year? Ya know? It's not like he would have to start calculating it right away. He could still take his time.
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 09/24/2023 01:16
  • Post subject:
A 60s winter it is Very Happy

Sounds good.
  • Visit poster's website
MadhattanJack
I mean, metal is okay, but...

United States

• Posted: 09/24/2023 05:34
  • Post subject:
In many ways, the Sixties was cinema's most important decade, in which we saw the first "prototype" of the so-called "Three Colors" trilogy (which would later be refined to near-perfection in the 1990s with the films Red, White, and Blue). The impact of the three 1960s films, Black Sabbath, The Pink Panther, and The Green Slime cannot be underestimated, even by movie critics. (Or, maybe it can't be overestimated... I forget which it is now. Anyway.) The only real difference was that the '60s films weren't directed by Krzysztof Kieslowski, they were directed by three different people and bore practically no thematic similarity to each other whatsoever. Also, all three colors in the movie titles were completely different from the three '90s colors. So, I guess that's two differences.
  • Visit poster's website
Applerill
Autistic Princess <3

United States

• Posted: 09/24/2023 18:02
  • Post subject:
Hey, I already have a list ready <3

https://boxd.it/pljus
  • Visit poster's website
CA Dreamin

United States

• Posted: 09/24/2023 21:07
  • Post subject:
Users are posting lists before the poll even begins...Hayden, it sounds like the group really wants to start this now Laughing .
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 09/24/2023 21:29
  • Post subject:
CA Dreamin wrote:
Users are posting lists before the poll even begins...Hayden, it sounds like the group really wants to start this now Laughing .

I'll... consider October Laughing

No harm in people getting prepped though. Charli still has 50 more films to add to that list Wink (being said, Man Is Not a Bird looks right up my alley... never heard of it before).

I'll go think of some ideas for the banner Rolling Eyes — and make a list of films I want to get around to watching for it.
  • Visit poster's website