Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 04/01/2013 16:23
  • Post subject: Major League Baseball 2013
It's opening day!

My favorite sport of all is baseball. I played when I was younger, I love watching it more than any other sport, I love going to the games more than any other sport. I love the statistical part of it, I love the pace of it.

If there are any other baseball fans here (and I do hope I'm not alone), today is a great day. Everyone is in first place, and every team has a chance to win the World Series.

My team:

Season starts in an hour and a half against the Milwaukee Brewers!

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Mercury
Turn your back on the pay-you-back last call

United States

• Posted: 04/01/2013 18:27
  • Post subject:
Yay! Yeah man I know whatcha mean. Baseball is super special to me. I'm a lifelong Cardinals fan. I'm really excited about it!

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Visit poster's website
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 04/01/2013 19:22
  • Post subject:
Nice! Good to know I'm not the only baseball guy here! Good luck on the 2013 season!
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
MrFrogger
Where am I

United States

• Posted: 04/01/2013 19:24
  • Post subject:
Mercurydylan89 wrote:
Yay! Yeah man I know whatcha mean. Baseball is super special to me. I'm a lifelong Cardinals fan. I'm really excited about it!

He'll yeah, my baseball loving side of my family is from St. Louis, I'm a die hard cardinals fan, which is pretty risky out here, considering that I'm deep in Giants territory.
  • Visit poster's website
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 04/01/2013 19:33
  • Post subject:
MrFrogger wrote:
He'll yeah, my baseball loving side of my family is from St. Louis, I'm a die hard cardinals fan, which is pretty risky out here, considering that I'm deep in Giants territory.

Thank you for not being a fan of the Stinky Giants!

Applause
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
pearljammer13
Young Pilgrim

United States

• Posted: 04/01/2013 19:52
  • Post subject:
I'm a lifelong diehard Red Sox fan, but last year seriously tested my allegiance to them, like so much of the fan base. I was actively rooting against them for a part of last year, they were so easy to hate between about 90% of the players being assholes and the ownership making me want to puke (they still do). At least this year they seem to be taking a step in the right direction by signing so many character guys and getting rid of a lot of the bad seeds. Still though, I hate the ownership with a passion and will never be as big of a fan as I once was until they are no longer affiliated with the organization. And I will probably root for John Lackey to get shelled every time he steps on the mound, I hate that guy.

As a side note to that, Lackey's ex wife is my sister in law's good friend from childhood. She was diagnosed with breast cancer and that scumbag Lackey divorced her right after it happened. Serious dick move, gave me even more of a reason to hate him.

Sorry for the angry rant, but anyways I do love baseball. Going to Fenway as a kid was just about my favorite thing in the world, and i'll always have a soft spot for the sport in general.
  • Visit poster's website
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 04/01/2013 19:58
  • Post subject:
pearljammer13 wrote:
I'm a lifelong diehard Red Sox fan, but last year seriously tested my allegiance to them, like so much of the fan base. I was actively rooting against them for a part of last year, they were so easy to hate between about 90% of the players being assholes and the ownership making me want to puke (they still do). At least this year they seem to be taking a step in the right direction by signing so many character guys and getting rid of a lot of the bad seeds. Still though, I hate the ownership with a passion and will never be as big of a fan as I once was until they are no longer affiliated with the organization. And I will probably root for John Lackey to get shelled every time he steps on the mound, I hate that guy.

As a side note to that, Lackey's ex wife is my sister in law's good friend from childhood. She was diagnosed with breast cancer and that scumbag Lackey divorced her right after it happened. Serious dick move, gave me even more of a reason to hate him.

Sorry for the angry rant, but anyways I do love baseball. Going to Fenway as a kid was just about my favorite thing in the world, and i'll always have a soft spot for the sport in general.

That 2007 World Series was painful!

I do recall that there was a lot of turmoil in Boston last year. They sent a huge number of players to the Dodgers, including Adrian Gonzalez...and it didn't help LA verey much. I hope that sour season doesn't keep you away from the game too much!

I didn't know that about Lackey...that is pretty dick of him!
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
JMan

• Posted: 04/01/2013 21:08
  • Post subject:
pearljammer13 wrote:

I just now realized you're from Massachusetts. I must ask: is there a bar based on Cheers there?
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 04/01/2013 21:24
  • Post subject:
Brewers 5, Rockies 4 (10)
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
MrFrogger
Where am I

United States

• Posted: 04/01/2013 22:33