I feel terrible

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

• Posted: 05/03/2013 16:17
  • Post subject: I feel terrible
I'm extremely depressed guys. Yesterday I found out that I've been deceiving myself about an issue for 10 months. I've never been this much suicidal in my life. I don't know what to do, I can't even cry. Anything you think I should do?
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 05/03/2013 16:20
  • Post subject:
Talk it out, man. Here or with someone you trust. We/They'll listen, and bring support and/or advice if they/we can. Anhd in any case, it could bring a load off your chest. Try not to be alone tonight, for instance.
  • Visit poster's website
junodog4
Future Grumpy Old Man

Canada

• Posted: 05/03/2013 16:22
  • Post subject:
Talk to people about it... Friends, family, even a professional.

Go for a walk. Listen to music.

What's going on?
JMan

• Posted: 05/03/2013 16:22
  • Post subject:
Norman Bates wrote:
Talk it out, man. Here or with someone you trust. We/They'll listen, and bring support and/or advice if they/we can. Anhd in any case, it could bring a load off your chest. Try not to be alone tonight, for instance.

This. And try to think about what might have given you those thoughts to begin with. That could help us dissolve your state of depression.
drakonium
coucou

France

• Posted: 05/03/2013 16:47
  • Post subject:
I felt this way a few months ago. I just didn't know what to do. Really. The window was here, I was at the sixth floor... It sounds so stupid now, but I thought about it. For more than a second. Everything seemed so bad, I just couldn't find something good anymore. Then I called my mom, and I cried at the phone. I really felt better after that. Well I wasn't happy again in one evening, but it opened a discussion between my parents and me. Things have changed a lot now.

Don't give up, man. Like everyone said above, don't stay alone. Talk to someone, anyone. Do it now. Close that fucking Internet window and call someone. It's important.
  • Visit poster's website
ButterThumbz
I always used to wonder if she wore false ears

United Kingdom

• Posted: 05/03/2013 17:06
  • Post subject:
As everyone else has said, just talking through a problem with someone you trust can put a whole new perspective on things and help you get through this.

Last edited by ButterThumbz on 05/03/2013 17:08; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
useless

• Posted: 05/03/2013 17:06
  • Post subject:
These threads are really necessary for bringing us together in BEA. It gives me the impression that they really make us all aware there are actual persons, people with real emotions writing these posts, and reading both Tekin's and Drakonium's I can't help but feel terribly sorry for being unable to give some kind of helpful advice. I will only say that when I was in high school mostly, I made a lot of bad decisions which brought me to the point of thinking everything had ended. A considerable amount of years later, I still cannot say I am a happy or satisfied person, but definitely I achieved much more than I was expecting to. Tekin, I cannot possibly know what exactly are you dealing with, but this period of adjusting to a new environment, reevaluating something you viewed as different for a long time can be painful-however, it is definitely worth it to keep going, you seem like an incredibly intelligent and well-read person and I'm sure you will have a lot of other virtues outside BEA as well, so just try to squeeze out as much as you can out of life, from the ones you love, from the activities you enjoy doing, from everything else you think that will he help you.
ptaylor1989

United States

• Posted: 05/03/2013 17:09
  • Post subject:
It always helps to take a step back and take a break from your own perspective. I know the pain; it's senseless to try and stop it because what you're feeling isn't your fault. Ride it out and if you want to skype or chat, PM me. I'm no psychologist but who knows, maybe skype chat might be just cathartic enough to help.
Mercury
Turn your back on the pay-you-back last call

United States

• Posted: 05/03/2013 17:16
  • Post subject:
Yeah man, I know how you feel. I feel ya. I recommend calling someone who you feel any inclination to talk to about this and talk to them, and meanwhile go and take a walk.
That tends to help take some attn units off what's on your mind and put them on the environment. It's really a great handling. We're here for you buddy.

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Visit poster's website
ptaylor1989

United States

• Posted: 05/03/2013 17:17
  • Post subject:
JMan wrote:
This. And try to think about what might have given you those thoughts to begin with. That could help us dissolve your state of depression.

Do NOT do this. No offense to the poster but rehashing the past doesn't help change the future. Try changing your life habits. Exercise, eat well, and focus on challenging negative thoughts rather than analysing them.