NickVolos wrote:
You don't qualify anyway. You chose a favorite album. Smile

It was hypothetical, I was just curious how that would work. Razz
Jasonconfused
If We Make It We Can All Sit Back and Laugh

United States

• Posted: 11/07/2013 02:10
  • Post subject:
Umm one discography? I guess I'll go with my default answer to who my favorite band is: Led Zeppelin. Except those albums I've heard so many times that they are basically engrained in my DNA so I don't listen to them much anymore.
NickVolos
Segnahc Reve4

Location: Land of the Argonauts, Centaurs and other such creatures
Greece

• Posted: 11/07/2013 02:13
  • Post subject:
BrandonMeow wrote:
It was hypothetical, I was just curious how that would work. Razz

There is a loophole if you insist. Smile If a WiFi ever gets installed on the island, you get the option to download it. For free. Very Happy

OK, this is getting silly and the topic is "very important" Razz
  • Visit poster's website
Mercury
Turn your back on the pay-you-back last call

United States

• Posted: 11/07/2013 03:46
  • Post subject:
Favorite album "The Wild Hunt" ... My 2nd favorite is "Highway 61 Revisited". So yeah, it would suck but I would give up "The Wild Hunt" for Bob Dylan's discography especially considering he has released like 60 albums including about 10 in my top 100. No problem. And it also works vice versa if I elected "Highway 61 Revisited" as my favorite at that moment, I'd exchange that album for The Tallest Man On Earth's shorter but impeccable discography. Those 2 dudes are pretty much the only completely indispensable musicians in my life.

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Visit poster's website
SquishypuffDave

Australia

• Posted: 11/07/2013 09:47
  • Post subject:
Favourite album: Owen Pallett - Heartland
vs
Favourite discography: Talk Talk

I'll go with the discography. Heaps of variety from synthpop to post rock.
  • Visit poster's website
SingingPeasant96
Coming-of-Age

Unknown

• Posted: 11/07/2013 11:32
  • Post subject:
I think everyone forget about this is for DESERT ISLAND, I mean many album's themes are about human relationships, love, life and sometimes politic or religion. but desert island means there's no PEOPLE and it means no love, friendship or corrupted politic, social injustice. I'm just saying. we should consider this seriously, Ofcourse, music itself is great but we should admit that Pet Sounds sounds better when you fall in love And Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen does not much if you can't understand American culture. So well, I think my favourite albums won't touch as much as now if I listen it alone in no man's land. It says I'll rather take one of 20th century Classical composer's discography. just my opinion

• Posted: 11/07/2013 11:44
  • Post subject:
My favourite album is either 36 Chambers or Clouds Taste Metallic, depending on which day it is. If were to choose a discography, it would be Wu-Tang's (inc. solo members, obviously), Miles Davis' or Bob Dylan's. So, for the purposes of this, I'm gonna say that if the choice is between Clouds Taste Metallic and Wu-Tang's discography (I'll even take out 36 Chambers just to be fair), I'd pick the discography. If the choice was between either album and Miles Davis' discography, again I'd pick the discography. If it were one of the albums versus Dylan's discography, I'd pick Dylan's discography, but if it were both albums versus Dylan's discography I'd plump for the two album. Both album versus Miles' discography is much closer, would probably have to go with Miles though.

Actually, I'd take The Fall's discography over everything.
karbutt

United States

• Posted: 11/07/2013 11:52
  • Post subject:
SingingPeasant96 wrote:
I think everyone forget about this is for DESERT ISLAND, I mean many album's themes are about human relationships, love, life and sometimes politic or religion. but desert island means there's no PEOPLE and it means no love, friendship or corrupted politic, social injustice. I'm just saying. we should consider this seriously, Ofcourse, music itself is great but we should admit that Pet Sounds sounds better when you fall in love And Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen does not much if you can't understand American culture. So well, I think my favourite albums won't touch as much as now if I listen it alone in no man's land. It says I'll rather take one of 20th century Classical composer's discography. just my opinion

It might keep us grounded and human
Evandar

• Posted: 11/07/2013 13:55
  • Post subject:
Not sure which is my favourite album right now, but Yes - Close to the Edge is an evergreen masterpiece, so let's say that one. And I would of course sacrifice it for access to a discography, most likely Bob Dylan's.
  • Visit poster's website
NickVolos
Segnahc Reve4

Location: Land of the Argonauts, Centaurs and other such creatures
Greece

• Posted: 11/07/2013 14:55
  • Post subject:
When I asked these questions, I had some of my possible answers already in the back of my mind. Now, as I am going over my classical music CDs, I am debating whether it would be Beethoven's late string quartets - a magnificent set of late period string quartets often referred to as "the single most defining moment in classical music", or Mozart's complete works, which includes 100's of works with almost anything that classical music has to offer (in its own classical period time frame): symphonies, piano concertos, violin concertos, wind instruments concertos, piano sonatas, violin sonatas, operas, and it goes on and on and on.... A tough choice, but I would go with number 2: Mozart's complete works - you can listen to these endlessly for months. No words - just music as very well stated by SingingPeasant96.
  • Visit poster's website